Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 401 to 420 of 453

crippyd

@DRL That's good to know. I can see myself finishing it up and then just going straight in to NG and NG+ after that!
I'm quite surprised at how quick (relatively) that I've got through this one as I'm clocking about 30 some hours so far.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

@stylon: Try running one of the heal miracles to heal yourself, its a bit slower though. As to applying lightning or fire etc, you cant apply it to weapons (most) that have already been infused. Also, you cant use an ember if you are already embered. You CAN apply it to a raw, heavy or I guess simple infusion. In other words, If you have a fire weapon, you cant add lightning and vice versa. You can farm embers. I know al least one farming spot where a knight can drop embers, chunks and sunlight medals. Lothric castle bonfire, Knight with his back to you. Equip rings/shield etc, kill repeat. Ive got about 150 embers at the moment.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

I've just discovered the great chaos orb pyromancy, and it is awesome

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

Well, that's me finished run 1! Big boss went down on second try (missed out on first time by about two hits). Dispatched the twins first time only need to try the very hard nameless king as he is the only boss not to give up and die!

crippyd

stylon

@sorethumbed: I'd need to put another 10 points in faith the be able to cast the heal miracle unfortunately

@crippyd: Well done!!! I've just beaten Yhorm the Giant so I've still got a looong way to go I reckon.

Guide is telling me I have a choice between going to Anor Londo or Lothric castle next... is there any reason I should do one or the other first? If not I will just do Anor Londo as that's what's on the next page of the guide

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon Go to Anor Londo first, its the easier area. For the knights on the stairs, just walk a little way up so that the guy with the spear comes for you and then run back down to the fire and fight him there and repeat with the other one at the top.

Congrats on beating him, he was quite difficult. Did you have the wind sword off the altar in his boss room?

crippyd

crippyd

How does one talk to the crow on top of Firelink? I've been up to the nest and on the rafters underneath and it talks to me but there doesn't appear to be any way of interacting with it.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: You dont 'interact' with them. All you do is look up the list online of items that you can drop in the nest and what you get for them Best is a titanite slab. In previous games (1 deefinitely) you had to quit the game after every drop then pick up the items. A real pain. drop ONE item and pick up the reward. Each can only be done once. Didnt you do this in 1 and two?

TIP If you want to keep the Xanthous crown that you got from killing the NPC in the Road of Sacrifices area (heysel). go to Rosaria's chamber and theres a sluggey thing crawling around. Kill it and it drops another set. Loooks like thats the ultimate destination of a Rosaria Finger.

sorethumbed

@crippyd: finding them is easy in 2 and 3. In 1 it was a bit more of a challenge.

stylon

@crippyd: Alrdrich was a pain in the butt ... those bloody arrows! Killed me on the spot a few times when I hadn't noticed he was firing. Then when I finally beat him (using up nearly all my estus flasks) I was dumped straight into the boss fight with that ****ing Dancer! Not fair... didn't end well!

Think the dancer is the hardest boss I've encountered... when I wasn't embered he could kill me with a single grab/slam move and just when I started to think I was getting the hang of things it would go into stage 2 with those endless slashing attacks... arrrggh!!!

It was nearly 1am and I just wanted him dead by this point so I caved in, restarted the game in online mode and summoned another player, it was still a bit dicey even with 2 and I nearly died twice but managed it in the end and was able to retire to bed happy!

Dreading the time when I face off against the Nameless King

stylon

crippyd

@stylon The Nameless King is something else. We are going to try him when I've levelled up quite a bit more than I am (I currently sit at 99), I think I'm going to stick more points in to health, stamina, equipment load, strength and dexterity. I want to get 40 each on str, dex and health, probably about 35 on stamina and as much as I feel comfortable with so I can wear Havel's armour on equip load (so probably about 700 as it's like walking around in stone).

You are flying through the game now! I don't think I could have faced it alone to start with. I might try and solo NG with my current guy as that will tip the odds more in my favour.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Is he an optional boss then as I thought you'd completed the game?

Forgot to mention that I actually defeated Aldrich twice! First time I helped Anri to defeat him... and then I defeated him again on my own lol. As for flying through... I've put 70 hours in so far!!! Don't know how that compares to other people?

If I am actually advancing quickly then I guess it'll be because I'm cheating by following the guide (practically to the letter!). I've never played a game this way before but as there's no story to speak of, just foes to defeat, it doesn't seem to be spoiling anything for me, in fact I'd say its actually enhancing it!

Not sure what my current level is but I'm a long, long way from being close to 40 on any stat...

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Yeah, thankfully he is an optional boss otherwise it'd have been a whole lot longer before I completed the game! I don't recall helping Anri to beat Aldrich although I have helped a woman defeat a couple of semi boss things. I think for a solo play that sounds good, I clocked up about 110 - 120 hours on the first DS (all solo) and I haven't beaten the last boss yet. I need to learn how to parry or dodge better to best him.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@stylon: You made the mistake of talking to the woman then! If you dont talk to her, the dancer fight doesnt start, just homeward bone out and recover. The dancer is still a tough fight in phase two though. Its a bit better if you have some ranged attacks as that way theres occasionally some distance between you and her when she starts to spin. Aldrich arrows are a pain in the butt tho.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.