Forums

Topic: Modern warfare (2009) multiplayer

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Nathan92

Recently in the last 2 days I’ve had a problem with MW2 (2009). It lets me go on to multiplayer to search for lobbies and it also lets me join other lobbies. The problem is as soon as it goes onto the map loading screen when it gets to “waiting for other players…” my Xbox just completely freezes up. It been doing this with multiplayer with the disc which is in good condition and with MW2 (2009) downloaded onto my games it’s doing the same thing so it’s doing it with the disc and without the disc. Single player and Special Ops works completely fine. I’ve tried a few things such as force restarting the Xbox by holding the power button on the front (as it don’t let restart it on the controller because the whole Xbox freezes up), I’ve turned my Xbox off and back on multiple times, I’ve checked my internet connection and that’s totally fine and I’ve also turned the Xbox off and disconnected the power supply both from the wall and the power pack itself for 10+ seconds and none of these has made a difference. This has not been happening to me on any other multiplayer game. I’ve played Call of Duty 4, Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3 online in the last 2 days and they all seem to be fine. The issue seems to currently be with just MW2 (2009).

Does anyone who may have experienced this issue or even similar issues before have any ideas or suggestions or fixes?

Thanks.

Edited on by Nathan92

Nathan92

nomither6

MW2 was/is hacked to death more than any other old COD game (maybe world at war comes close), it could be something thats not on your end but the server/hackers screwing with your connection. I remember playing MW2 online on my ps3 last year and hackers basically control your experience and can boot you from matches and alter your in-game profile etc.

nomither6

Nathan92

Yes you could be right, I’ve never experienced it before. I’m hoping to find a solution to fix it soon.

Nathan92

Tasuki

@Nathan92 If it is hackers, you aren't going to find a solution unless you make a private server or some ***** like that. Only Activision-Blizzard can fix that problem and they aren't interested in updating old CoDs to prevent hackers because they want everyone playing the newest CoD. Who knows maybe if/when the MS Activision-Blizzard deal goes through that may change but as of now it's nearly impossible to play a game like MW2 online.

Black Ops 2 is my favorite CoD and love the MP but I won't touch it now as it's a complete mess with hackers.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic