Forums

Topic: Kinect Adventures

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

JonWahlgren

How've you been finding the pack-in game? Have you been able to wrangle up friends, relatives, or, especially, non-gamers and get them excited about Kinect?

I've found it overall neat but a bit too tech demo-y for my tastes. There doesn't seem to be much depth to anything here, or anything really competitive like Wii Sports Tennis and Bowling. It's very well put together, but yeah, not really grabbing me as a "must-have" game.

JonWahlgren

Xbox Gamertag: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Magi

I've found it to be entertaining from a "oooo lookie what Kinect can do" perspective.  I've unlocked a few achievements and trophies but I'm having a hard time seeing this as a game I play more than a month or two.

My kids love it though and this will probably be THE go-to game that we pop in the Xbox to show off the awesomeness that is Kinect.  It's easy/quick to jump into (pun intended) and I can't imagine anyone who would be put off by its difficulty, or lack thereof.

I guess your ascertation of it being a "bit too tech demo-y" is spot-on.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

ZappyGetzOff10

TO ME ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITES LOL

ZappyGetzOff10

ajfromuk

I have to say out of the three games I currenlty have this was is excellent for mates jumping in and being "wowed" by the possibilities of Kinect and the pictures it takes make it fun.

There online system leaves a bit to be desired, I mean having to upload each picture manually instead of doing a batch upload it annoying, as is the lack of batch download options from the website... but still its a fun game!

DRAV3N_UK

I have to be honest I was so sceptical about Kinect. I thought the price was too high and that the whole experience was not going to be up to it.

HOW WRONG WAS I!? - doh!

Kinect is worth the money, no doubt, after all a new controller and game would set me back close of £70! This comes with a swanky controller and a game.

As for the experience of Kinect Adventures, I'm loving it! There are times that I wish I had more room, the sensor can sometimes struggle at the edges particularly in two player mode but this is soon outweighed by the fun factor.

River Rush Rafting is just great fun, Reflex Ridge is a superb workout especially at Advanced level, Rallyball is great fun and reminds me when I was a kid and kicked a ball against the garage wall. My least favourite is 20,000 Leaks mainly because the sensor can struggle at times. The Space Pop game is also a bit slow compared to the others but still varies the gaming experience.

My wife is also really enjoying the gaming experience so we both play each day and looking forward to Christmas when it'll be a party favourite.

DRAV3N_UK

ArtificialIdiot

I think Kinect Adventures is a great little pack in title, and a brilliant introduction to Kinect in general. I've managed to get my brother hooked into it, the first time he's played a game with me since... Well, simple computer games like Worms I think! And he's loved it. I've also managed to get my friend pretty hooked on with Kinect Adventures too. She brought her family over, and all four of us had a great day taking turns at the various mini games, trying out the various demos on disc, and then returning to Kinect Adventures for a little more gaming. She's even trying to convince her partner that they *need* one for Christmas... And considering how much fun he was having on it, I don't think it'll be too hard.

It does it's job well, and I think it's a fantastic game to show off what the system can do and a lot of fun when you have people around. As a solo game though? It's fun enough, but after awhile it leaves you wanting more. I've been alternating it with Fable III, but I kind of wish I had another Kinect game to alternate it with.

ArtificialIdiot

SagaciousTien

Kinect Adventures is surprisingly well polished. The gameplay is fun, intuitive and very easy. While I wouldn't purchase this as a full priced game, it's definitely the best choice for a pack in title. It definitely shows the potential of the device, and how easy it is for others to join in and play. My personal favourite game is 20,000 leaks, my nephew's is the Reflex Ridge and my Mother's is Rallyball. Each has their pros and cons, but each game is simple and intuitive. And there's some clever uses of Kinect as well - such as photos to save and share and even recordable Trophies. I'm very happy with the title and think it's a great showcase for Kinect. And at least you get a full game with Kinect rather than a set of demos.

Loves Kinect.

Crunchewy

We had a lot of fun with this at our new years party. Everybody seemed to enjoy it. I like rally ball and the rafting one. Reflex Ridge my nephew discovered that if you jus jump up and down constantly and do nothing else you'll get a gold and probably beat anyone actually trying. Otherwise, though, a good packin game.

Crunchewy

abINC4L

It was okay for me and my friends when we played it. Like we would play a few games and then get tired of it and then pop in either Dance Central or Sonic Free Riders, haha.

My dad though LOVES it (he even gets all dressed up to work out and play it, haha. Something he never did when playing the Wii). So I ended up giving it to him.

NNID: AB88INC4L

dirtyvu

For me, Kinect Adventures is like a quick fix.  It's fun in small doses.  The activities are easy for people to do, and it's a great workout.  There just isn't enough to do.  I think this is why it's a pack-in.  It's not big enough to be worth $50 and probably would be selling just above Joy Ride.  It's not a bad game.  It's a good game and a great way to demo the Kinect.

Honestly, the best aspects of KA for me are the uploadable Kinect Statue recordings and the pictures.  It's also nice how they changed the aspect ratio of the pics to make everyone look more fit.

If the game mechanics were a little deeper like in Kinect sports, a small number of events would be fine.

dirtyvu

Crunchewy

Played River Rush with one of my kids this weekend, which we could finally do 2-player now that we took our Xmas tree down, and that was a lot of fun. Definitely improves that game. Yelling out "Left! Left! Jump!", etc., to stay in sync.

Crunchewy

Kineticartist

of all the kinect launch games my kids and I and my girlfriend all find each title to be fun and engaging. Its hard to say which is our favorite, but Kinect Adventures is one we keep coming back to over and over. Dance Central has become our daughters favorite (shes 13) and my favorite is the Kinect Sports and Im losing weight because of it! I really love the track and field and figuring out how best to throw the discus or javelin (tutorials are locked) and I dig the Boxing. Our youngest who is 9 adores the Kinectimals as does my Girlfriend and she is 40. I love kinectimals also (except for the flying lemur guy hes annoying) the cats are all extremely well done and its a beautiful fun game to just relax and enjoy.

All of here cant wait to see what the next round of Kinect enabled games bring us

Why Leash Your Imagination In The First Place?

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.