Forums

Topic: Game recommendations for old farts.

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Paulywllnuts

Top of the morning to y'all! Hmmm... at least here in california, anyway.

About a year ago one of our kids gave us the 360.

First of all are there any Agatha Christie games that will play on Xbox 360? I know they run on Xbox one, but I can't find if they are compatible.

So, the wife and I are in our early 60s. We like games like CSI and we have played them all.

We play a little golf, but lately the wife's hand has begun to hurt when we do so.

We played a speedboat game that came with the Xbox. Thunder something or another. Again, the wife hand has been hurting her.

We tried NCIS, but I cannot put the Target on the car I am chasing for the life of me.

The puzzles in Sherlock Holmes are just a little bit beyond us.

We have la noire, but I can't keep the damn car on the road. I have totaled several vehicles.

You Don't Know Jack was awesome when it first came out on PC. The new version is so incredibly childish

Tried SimCity, but again, back in the old days it was great but the new version sucks because it is so childish.

I like the bureau, but she doesn't.

No shoot them up bang bang, no blood and guts, no Grand Theft Auto type of games.

So, what's a fella to do?

Paulywllnuts

Tasuki

I would suggest maybe look into a Switch, 360 isn't really going to have the games you are looking for. Maybe visual novels like Telltales Walking Dead series or The Wolf Among Us for example.

Other then that type of genres do you like? Sports, RPGs, action etc?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Paulywllnuts

Okay, what is a switch? The only switches I am familiar with are the device you plug your computers, printers and servers into.

Then there is the good old 'bait and switch' and that thing my dad used to use to keep me in line.

Genres... Sports like golf are good but, like I say, the wife just can't use the controller anymore.

Please give me an example of an action game that doesn't have violence.

Same with RPGs. Can you give me an example of some that don't have violence?

I loved Starcraft and Warcraft back in the late 90s. Leisure Suit Larry and the space Quest games were great back in the mid 80s.

Sims were good back in the day but I can't even get out of the gate with these new ones.

Now isn't that just helpful?!

Paulywllnuts

Paulywllnuts

Youza! I just asked Google about the switch console. She said it is way out of my price range.

Paulywllnuts

Tasuki

@Paulywllnuts Even with Microsoft now owning Activision-Blizzard I don't see a port of Starcraft or Warcraft coming to the 360. Problem with 360 is it had alot of mature game on it and stuff that you are asking for is hit and miss. More of the games you are looking for during that time period were on the Nintendo Wii. If your wife can't use a controller much anymore I would suggest looking into a Kinect for the Xbox 360.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Paulywllnuts

Yeah, I was just replying to Tasuki about what kind of games we might like so I used that as an example.

The wife is not into violence and blood and guts.

She likes games like CSI, Sherlock Holmes detectives and investigations. We like LA Noire but I keep totaling the cars. Can't finish the first case.

Even though both of our jobs require critical thinking skills, the puzzles on Sherlock Holmes are very difficult for us.

One of our kids gave us the console and the kinect but she has arthritis in her back and it is inoperable.

We are a few years away from retirement.

My advice to anyone following this topic is never get old. Avoid it like a plague.

If our aches and pains are this bad in our early 60s, I'm really not looking forward to the early 80s.

I had a very very good friend that passed away shortly after his 95th birthday. Talk about aches and pains, this man could have gotten a doctorate in the field.

As Ben and Jerry said, thank you for your support!

Paulywllnuts

HeavyMetalWario64DS

If you're looking for some games without violence, there are quite a few racing games on the system that aren't violent (unless you count crashing as violent). Also some platformers that have minimal violence.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Paulywllnuts

Yeah, the one I let think wears the pants in the family says her hand hurts after using the controller for more than ten minutes or so. We were playing golf for some time, but no longer can.

We try to play L.A. Noire but I've totaled a half dozen cars! We have yet to finish one case:(

We tried to play NCIS, but when I try to keep the the chase icon (Don't know the proper term) on a car that we're chasing I can't do it. I've been looking for a cheat code but can't find one.

If anyone knows of a cheat PLEASE let me know.

The puzzles in Sherlock Holmes are too hard for our antiquated carcasses.

Oddly, my Wife has been a registered critical care nurse for over 40 years, and I am a retired Internet electronic security officer.

Given the critical thinking we must deploy, it's hard to fathom why.

Paulywllnuts

SingleStooge

I guess in the US, xbox 360 games are still available, but in other countries eg. Australia it isn't. As for recommendations, you might try
Portal 2 (fantastic puzzler with great humour)
Burnout Revenge / Paradise (arcade racer)
Forza Horizon / Motorsport 3 & 4 (racing sim)
Minecraft
Tetris Evolution

SingleStooge

rushbudgie

@SingleStooge The Gamesmen in Penshurst, NSW Australia carry xbox 360 games. They even have a nostalgic room where our childhood interests in gaming is like living in the past.

rushbudgie

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic