Forums

Topic: Starfield

Posts 201 to 220 of 227

themightyant

Really interesting to see the different times we all had.

@NintendoByNature Wow finished in 36-37 hours! I think I spent longer than that in the ship builder. lol
My current clock sits at around 8 days. But I've fallen asleep enough that I think at least a day or two can't be counted. But i'd exepct it to be around 150+ hours when i'm done. I also picked the Emissary. Didn't really like wither option and think maybe I would have preferred to pick neither and attack both... but that also seemed a bit evil and against my in-game character

Also can recommend Skyrim. It's very similar in a lot of ways, and even though it's dated, so is Starfield. I think it does a lot of things better than Starfield, especially exploration and sense of place.

themightyant

NintendoByNature

@balta666 @themightyant sweet deal. I kind of felt like I was over staying my welcome in the game and was ready to try something else. I'll definitely be giving skyrim a try at some point.

NintendoByNature

MyNameIsRandy

I've tried playing starfield twice now. Has anyone else had problems with dots all over the screen
Untitled
I have an Xbox series x and tried deleting it and redownloading for the dots to still be there.

Edited on by MyNameIsRandy

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

MyNameIsRandy

@NintendoByNature I can't figure out how to post an image. I've tried using the [ im g ] with two different image hosting sites but nothing is showing up

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

NintendoByNature

@MyNameIsRandy I can't help you with that unfortunately lol. I'm kind of an old man who doesn't understand technology like others may. I'd try a different TV and see if that solves the issue

NintendoByNature

themightyant

@MyNameIsRandy It's possible this is a BUG, Starfield has many. Is it only happening in Starfield?

I'd suggest trying the usual Starfield fixes of loading an old save (or temporarily starting a new game/save) is worth a try. Does either fix your problem? If so it's your save that is borked.

Outside of that it could be an HDMI issue, i've had artefacts in some games that DON'T show up on the dashboard because that runs at a different resolution of framerate. Worth trying a different game, unplugging HDMI, or trying a different cable if so.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

oliverp

Its very intresting to read about everyone's experience with the game. Starfield is still actually very much a mysetery to me as I have yet to play it myself (been busy with ohter stuff). That said I of course hope that everyone is still haveing a good time with the game (which it sounds as).

oliverp

oliverp

It will btw be very intresting to see what kind legacy Starfield will leave. Will it ’just’ be Skryim in space or something more. I guess only time will tell.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

themightyant

@oliverp I finished it and tried a quick NG+ run and then moved on. I found it very inconsistent. There was a lot to enjoy but also a lot to dislike, especially a lot of frustrating design decisions that just weren't fun to play. All in all it just felt very dated and the longer I played the more the cracks started to appear.

While I would still recommend it - I had a good time in places - it was far too up and down and is currently my biggest disappointment of 2023. That's not because it's a bad game , it isn't, but being a BGS fan my expectations were high and it significantly missed that high bar.

themightyant

oliverp

@themightyant Oh thanks for your elaborate thoughts about on the game. Appreciate them much Think I will try the game at some point in time

oliverp

themightyant

@oliverp I should add I played it for around 200 hours, it IS a good game, very good in patches, just not a great one imho

themightyant

themightyant

@Balta666 Always a shame when we have built up expectations, usually due to great experiences with previous titles, and they aren't met. I bought XC3 day 1 and STILL haven't got around to it, though I have pencilled it in for Xmas when I am away with family. To be honest yours is the first slightly negative take I have heard. Away with you foul fiend! lol

themightyant

themightyant

@Balta666 Out of interest was it XC1, 2 or even X it didn't hold up to for you, or perhaps all 3?

themightyant

Balta666

@themightyant my favourite is XC2 my a country mile as it has the best music, characters and story (the gameplay is not the best as 3 brought a lot of quality of life to it but when it clicks and into the groove is the most rewarding). The first one I generally am not in love with the characters but do like the story, however the combat is a slog and never fun (worst part is the fact you miss 99% of the attacks if you are under leveled by more than 2-4 levels). X I bought a Wii u just to play it but did not grabbed me after 10-15h and I quit on it. 3 like I said before has a combat fairly similar to 2 with a lot of QoL but it gets dull at times because it is less complex in comparison, it has great characters but I specially dislike Noah (the main one in a sense) and the story has its apex 60% of the way in and then a big nothing burger (this is something that even people that loved the game and its story tend to agree and I will add the apex is BIG and to put anyone with tears down the face)

themightyant

@Balta666 Interesting. We both love the series but i'm almost the polar opposite of you here. lmao

XC2 is possibly my least favourite. I thought the Pyra/Mythra/Rex triangle was an awkward schoolboy fantasy, but the general tone was all a bit like that, weird Japanese fetishisation of everything. I just find that a bit creepy and a turn off. Not the biggest fan of the art style either. I still really liked most of it EXCEPT for the Gacha like rolling of blades. That pissed me off something rotten. I spent 40 additional hours grinding for materials to try and get the last two and never did. I sold my copy the next day in a fit of rage... and to stop playing it. lol I bought it again for considerably more a few years ago, it's a brilliant game, just not my fave.

I love XC1 the most. Characters, Story, Music etc. In fact music across the whole series is incredible. Having multiple composers creates a mix of styles and genres that is unique. Looking forward to XC3.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Balta666

@themightyant I understand you completely and it is not a uncommon opinion. I do watch anime on a regular basis therefore the artsyle and the tropes do not bother me. Nia is probably my favourite character in a game period and in general I appreciate all of them (even Tora aka the best Nopon ). And while it starts slow the story goes places imo (and I would say most people that got to the end have it in high regards).

P.s: music is another thing I am not in love with xeno 3. Again not that is bad by any means but just not in the same level as the other two.

Aragon

Hi!

I am having troubles with Starfield. Ever so often the x box x freezes and i have to restart the console. It is well ventilated and all new patches is in. Usually i have to restart every 15 minutes. Kinda annoying.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Aragon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic