Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,399

NintendoByNature

Played about a half hour tonight as I'm ready to hit the sack. Its definitely chaotic and frantic, and there's a lot to remember thus far when talking about the controls. I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point though.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature totally get you. On coming back after a few hours almost 2h ago I found the controls a bit strange (it is not common for me to not see a game I start to the end).

I did a bit more progress in the main campaign (currently at the D&D section) and I like the goofiness of it but not particularly fond of the combat (weapons do not have enough ammo for my taste and as melee you are a sitting duck against firepower).

On the other hand I was not planning to play Persona 3 Reload as I dropped fast of the previous version last year but I did start it... And played for 14h this weekend...

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 ya, it's still fun though the more I'm playing and the more I do, the more I get used to it. It just takes time planning your attacks while jumping and grinding. The ammo issue is definitely prevalent at times. I didn't realize I needed to break boxes for more ammo. Once I realized that, the issue has been a little more tolerable. Overall, it's still a good time. I'm around a couple hours in. I should be able to see this through by months end.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

About halfway through missions now that I've looked up the mission list. I do enjoy the games core gameplay. I just think they throw a bunch of extra stuff at you thats hard to remember such as leveling up and buying stuff. I can't remember how to do it honestly. The dialog is pretty fun though, and I like the characters/premise. I just hit that one plot twist in the game that genuinely shocked me. Its been done a dozen times in movies, but it was still interesting to see it done in a game. If you don't know what I'm referring to, it's the invisible wall on the outskirts of the city

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I keep seeing " you can now buy this, level this up, upgrade that." But I never know where to go or how to do it. Unless I'm just massively confused lol

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 yea I may have worded it incorrectly but I still don't know what I'm supposed to do for them lol.

NintendoByNature

R1spam

I played the first hour of this game and there's something so 2010 about the humour and vibe of this game!! I enjoyed what I played a fair bit, I'm not sure how much time I'll get to put into it, yakuza 7 like a dragon has taken over my gaming life lol!! When I played rollerdrome a couple of years ago, I had no idea how similar it was to Sunset Overdrive in terms of how it feels. Hopefully will get the chance to play a bit more but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to finish it.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

NintendoByNature

Just rolled the credits. The beginning of the game was rather cumbersome to get used to. But once I got the hang of it, I loved nothing more than grinding and blasting my way through enemies and traversing through the city. The humor was spot on, the characters were fun and engaging, the story was decent enough, and the combat /gameplay was really what makes this game shine. It really grew on me after a few hours. Very happy I finally gave this game a shot. I can see why it was a highlight for the XBO era.Era.

Now I need to decide what to play next. Thinking Pentiment, or Gears of Wars 2.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 yea thanks! It was a fun time. Regarding my votes, I might just play one of these now and vote for something else. I doubt anyone else will vote for those two since pentiment was played with the club a couple years back and I haven't seen much traction with anyone voting for any gears games. Would you agree?

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature actually I forgot Pentiment was played as part of the club . One of our only rules is not to replay games to make sure it keeps a fresh experience (even though it can be a classic of course). Regarding Gears there are a lot of games that have been jumping around until their day to shine so feel free to add it (and keep voting on it or just play it one day and not vote for it again). Cheers.

R1spam

@Balta666 hey I'm going to be struggling to take part over the next couple of months, I've got a ton of real life stuff. I'm not going to vote but if I get the chance to jump in and try a couple of the games, I will do.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

NintendoByNature

No votes yet for march huh? I guess I'll toss in a few just to get the wheels moving.
@Balta666

inkulinati
halo 2
conkers bad fur day
banjo kazooie
solar ash
turnip boy robs a bank

Most I've voted for in a month, but they all sound good.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic