Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 1,424 to 1,443 of 3,288

themightyant

Played a little more GotG last night. Got to admit i'm a little split. The characters, world and story have me gripped. But the gameplay, especially the combat, is pretty weak or hasn't quite clicked yet.

On Chapter 7 now. I'm sure playing piecemeal isn't helping, but I just haven't had much time to game for long stretches lately. Not sure i'll get much time this weekend either but hope it picks up.

P.S. What is up with that Fridge door?

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

themightyant

@Balta666 As the fridge door was also open in the flashback on Earth I wondered whether it was part of a larger plot point yet to be discovered like his dad had actually been looking in on him or something... the stories we tell ourselves. lol

themightyant

Lavalera

@ralphdibny You can add me for the tag list as well. If it's a game I think I'll enjoy I'll join you guys

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

lookupmore

@themightyant yes that fridge door! I thought something would come of it or it was an achievement for closing it but I was wrong 😁

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

R1spam

@themightyant I'm about where you are and have been playing on the side of Elden Ring and while I've really enjoyed the story, dialogue and characters, the combat has been pretty lacklustre for me. I feel like I just fire off special abilities without much thought for order etc and have got to the stage where last play session, I switched the difficulty to easy so those combat set pieces just finish quicker 🙈😂

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

@R1spam I didn't even think about changing difficulty (Hiding in plain sight. lol) but if it doesn't pick up I may do just that. Thanks for the tip!

themightyant

KilloWertz

I'm assuming Life is Strange: True Colors is the game for May?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@themightyant That means most people have closed it at least a few times. After doing it 3 times i figured it was a joke and it wasn't supposed to close, but i still love the joke, which fits the humor in the game perfectly

themightyant

@Lavalera Agreed. Oh and Hi! Welcome to the not so secret PX Game Club. First rule is you are free to talk about Game Club

@Balta666 Even though I know, I can't stop myself closing it. Hard to break those ingrained habits!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

themightyant

Lavalera

@themightyant haha thanks. I won't participate each month, I already played guardians months ago and next month seems to become life is strange which I also played already, but I'll be sure to vote a game I haven't played for June so I can participate then as well

themightyant

@Lavalera No worries. Most of us dip in and out, there's no pressure or expectation. You're welcome to share your thoughts on GotG if you want or LiS:TC next month, i've done that for several games i've played before, no worries if not.

Spoiler tags are useful if it might ruin something, this can be done as follows, but swapping curved brackets ( ) for square brackets [ ].

(spoiler)TEXT TO HIDE - apologies if you know all this(/spoiler)

themightyant

Lavalera

@themightyant thanks. I might even replay it since the Lis games are very short and you can get different endings. I played it around black Friday sale so has been a few months ago and my memory isn't that good anymore, I play many games and when over 40 your memory seems to go down haha

themightyant

Lavalera wrote:

When over 40 your memory seems to go down

Tell me about it! A little more memory loss and we might be able experience games/books/movies for the first time again 🤣

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic