Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 3,356

Krzzystuff

So I started playing GoG last night and finished the first introduction chapter.

Initial impression are:

• graphics are amazing. I don't have no fancy gaming TV but damn that's a good looking game
  • as i was expecting the music is fantastic, really aligns with the movies so that's great
  • the banter between the characters is top notch. The whole thing felt like an interactive movie and I'm down for that.
  • controls still getting used to so I'll have to see how it all develops but the combat wasn't fantastic. It was just the introduction chapter so I'll see how i acclimatize.

But overall looking forward to playing through the game after the first taste.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

R1spam

I finished chapter 3 last night and the game has started to click for me. The dialogue and writing is excellent and while I had heard this game had a mass effect flavour with character interactions and team powers, I just hadn't expected it to be this good. I'm still finding combat a bit meh but it's serviceable. Looking forward to playing some more

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

lookupmore

I finished Chapter 4 yesterday and Iā€™m really enjoying it. As others have said, the banter and voice acting is great, it looks amazing and the music too. Planning to put a few hours into it this weekend

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

ralphdibny

All votes and suggestions have been added to the list, looks like Life is Strange is in the lead!

@lookupmore no worries and I'm glad that The Forgotten City wasn't a total misfire and a couple peeps got to experience it!

R1spam wrote:

@KilloWertz Ralphdibny will remember that šŸ™ˆ terrible joke, I'll see myself out

I am afraid that this one has gone straight over my head šŸ˜…

See ya!

KilloWertz

@ralphdibny You're not alone. Like I already posted, I have no idea what that meant either.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Oh yeah, I forgot about your "gem" of a joke...

Ok, fine, it wasn't that bad... lol

R1spam

@ralphdibny @KilloWertz have I got life is strange and the telltale games mixed up?! Is that not what pops up when you make a choice that impacts on a story, like "character a will remember that"?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

ralphdibny

@R1spam haha omg I get it now, sorry I was being a bit dense or perhaps it was just too deep a cut. But yeah, it's the telltale games! I probably should have got it as I've played loads of telltale games and haven't played life is strange before.

@LtSarge hehe page 69, what a rude number šŸ˜‚. @Kilowertz will remember that... Or maybe he will forget it?! Too many layers to this joke now

See ya!

KilloWertz

@ralphdibny I don't think a username that doesn't exist will remember that.

KilloWertz

@ralphdibny Ok, now you're just doing it on purpose....

crippyd

I started this last night and it seems OK. The slight tank controls of Quill are not great but the banter seems to be top notch.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

themightyant

@crippyd Started last night too and initially was very put off by the character movement which felt very clunky. But after playing for a while, i'm on Chapter 4 now, i'm really digging this so far.

Away all Easter so not likely to play this again till next week unless I play over cloud but already looking forward to picking it up again.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Krzzystuff

Just finished chapter 5 last night and yeah... story is awesome so far. I really like the extra dialogue that's opened up when you find specific items for certain characters. I've done a few choices now that I'm wondering if the story would have been a bit different which is great. Getting a hang of the combat as well which helps.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

lookupmore

Iā€™m really enjoying GotG, got 2 more chapters left I think. The combat has definitely gotten better as the game progresses and get upgrades and new moves. Will probably finish in the next couple of days

lookupmore

crippyd

I'm progressing well I think. Just finished chapter 10 and I've got passed the dodgy combat that I had an issue with at the start. A good game.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

lookupmore

I finished the game yesterday and overall I really enjoyed it.
The characters are great as is the voice acting although I did find Gamora's lines were a bit forced at times. Drax and Mantis are had my favourite lines. The combat is slow to start but by the end with all abilities it's a lot of fun.
A couple of small issues, the game is very long, took me just over 19hrs, and because of that you face a lot of the same enemies over and over which can get tiresome towards the end. They could have cut out 1 or 2 chapters but it's no biggie.
Summary, great acting, great music, looks lovely, a solid 8/10 for me.

lookupmore

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic