Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,356

Banjo-

I didn't ask anybody to justify this thread, I just said my opinion about an idea that somebody (not me) suggested, since the thread is public. Also, as I've said elsewhere and being honest, I don't understand why people are so concerned about playing online if they're adults and don't disclose personal information to others.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@Banjo- I'm not saying you did, I was just offering my opinion on what else Game Club has to offer other people, including myself. I absolutely meant no antagonism in my post.

For me, it's that I have personal info in my gamer tag ๐Ÿ˜‚. I was young and foolish when I created it/the 360 suggested it for me. Also I'm not sure if I've definitely got all my privacy settings done right. It's not something I give out lightly, I've only got a few bods on there (and PS4) that have dipped in and out of the forums so I don't want to lose contact with them.

But yeah, the invite to the tag list still stands if you want to be added. Or you can just join in casually as and when you see a game that you like the sound of. It's all cool, everyone's pretty friendly in this thread!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Banjo- omg are you @BlueOcean ?! ๐Ÿ˜…. Sorry, I am so confused because there is another user with the banjo profile pic and I'm pretty sure they are called Banjo without the hyphen or just with some numbers or something.

Well you are already on the tag list... I can update it with your new username if you like? Or remove it? Up to you.

Are you still getting the notifications for this thread even though you've changed your name? Or did you change it after the last mass tag went out?

See ya!

dmcc0

@ralphdibny You mean you're name isn't actually Ralph Dibny? - my mind is blown ๐Ÿ˜‚

I likely wouldn't bother with co-op myself - not for any privacy reasons really, just that I generally don't like people! I'd much rather play on my own. Also, as @Balta666 says, would be a bit of a pain lining up schedules etc.

dmcc0

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Thank you for your friendly reply. It's just that I don't know since we are all adults and we don't share personal information what's the problem with playing with somebody, isn't it what we've always done? It's like we live with paranoia these days but I also told this to one of my best "friends" on NL/PX (you know how you are LOL). Yes, I am @BlueOcean (notification test), I changed the name because someone called me Banjo in here and I liked it. Banjo is already taken (BANJO) so Banjo-. I don't like the hyphen in there but what can I do? Yes, just update the tag because I think I didn't get the last notifications.

I think what you mentioned is actually one of the benefits of Game Pass, to play games that we wouldn't play otherwise. I've discovered some games like that. The best example is Doom Eternal, I didn't like the 2016 game very much but I loved the sequel and I did 100% (normal difficulty). It was not voted by many but I played it in December to free internal Series X storage up. I went back to Doom 2016 to get 100% but quickly gave up at Argent Energy Tower. It's interesting that I don't like Doom 2016 but Doom Eternal but that's what it is. I wouldn't have played it because I didn't like Doom 2016 and many people think that Doom Eternal is worse.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

dmcc0

Banjo- wrote:

@dmcc0 If you don't like people wouldn't be better for you to not visit forums/threads? ๐Ÿคจ

@Banjo- Probably ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reading or occasionally responding to randoms on a couple of internet forums (here and Nintendo Life are pretty much the only forums I visit - no social media etc) isn't the same as interacting with people in real life though.
I don't mean that in the sense that it's the internet so I can be an ass and hide behind a keyboard - I'd like to think I would say anything on here I wouldn't say in real life, but because it's a public forum I can drop in and out when I want, read stuff that interests me, ignore or skip the stuff that doesn't and hopefully learn something along the way, even if that "something" is just that I likely won't enjoy a certain game.

dmcc0

Banjo-

@dmcc0 Fair enough but you're the kind of person that only replies when disagrees (like many others, especially on NL) but you seem to be a relatively nice person especially after my slightly cheeky message above ๐Ÿ˜.

Banjo-

dmcc0

@Banjo- Respectfully, you have no idea what 'kind of person' I am and a quick look back at my post/comment history would confirm that's not true (the bit about only replying when disagreeing, not about being a relatively nice person). Although technically that's what I'm doing now so.....

dmcc0

Banjo-

@dmcc0 Ha ha. Some days I'm a bit sadder or a bit happier. Guess I'm happy (and cheeky) today. I didn't mean to offend you. I just remembered you replied to me twice saying "that's not an exclusive" when I only said it in my first comment and don't remember anything else from you but I'm happy to be proven wrong. If you don't like people or me, it's up to you ๐Ÿ˜‚. I wish you the best anyway.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 haha no unfortunately not. Ralph Dibny is The Elongated Man in DC comics/The Flash TV show.

I can be a bit of a misanthrope sometimes too, to be honest. I was discussing this with a colleague today in some respects. Every relationship one has with another person is a bit of a scale, things that you feel comfortable receiving in one relationship (conversation, banter, etc) could be totally inappropriate in a relationship with another person. From an outside perspective, the people who you hold to different standards could be exactly the same but on a personal level, one might find a comment from one person really funny but be offended if that same comment came from another person.

I digressed a bit there but I believe the common phrase is "different strokes for different folks". Some people I have no time whatsoever for and some people, I have all the time in the day for. That's in real life at least. On here, anonymity means I can be more candid, share more personal feelings but leave out the identifiable details. Sometimes even stuff I wouldn't share to people in real life. It's like a diary that everybody can read but nobody knows it belongs to you. There's something quite rewarding about that aspect of the forums.

@Banjo- glad to clear up that bit of confusion! Yep it's all good, no worries! I've updated the tag now. Cheers for the heads up on changing my gamer tag. I was sort of going to do it once but decided not to when I realised my "pure" 360 username would have a bunch of numbers added to the end of it if I updated it on the Xbox one.

I've touched a bit on misanthropy in my reply to dmc but I'd probably add that just on a general level, that real life interaction is very different from a voice chat interaction: and a voice chat interaction is very different to a forum discussion. Someone may prefer one, the other or any combination of the above!

I think with online privacy, it's just how I was brought up. I learned the internet before this kind of social media era where everybody's name is attached to their online opinion so I'm just a bit more old school in that regard. I'm sure everybody will have different views on it depending on their experiences but I'm happy with what I do now.

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Sure, you do what's best for you. I just can't help saying what I think about it. In my case, it depends on my mood. If I'm in the right mood, I don't care if it's physical, virtual, written or voice chat but some days I just don't feel like communicating much. Many of my best gaming experiences are either local multiplayer or online multiplayer. So what games are proposed for February? I will share my suggestions.

@dmcc0 See? You didn't reply this time ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Banjo-

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Yeah, just having a bit of fun - my teenage daughter is a massive fan of the Flash TV show so I am aware of the character.

dmcc0

R1spam

@Balta666 I voted for forgotten City for next game but I'd be down to try some deaths door! I made the fatal mistake of buying it on switch when it was on sale in Jan, days before it was announced for gp. Its hard to believe the team that made it was so small, art style looks great.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Banjo-

I vote Death's Door for February. I don't know if I'll like it but I want to try it anyway and it just joined Game Pass.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Balta666 That's what I said "just" LOL which entails that nobody has played it yet (on Game Pass).

Banjo-

LtSarge

I might join in then if Death's Door gets chosen. Although I don't know when in the month I'll start playing it since I'm neck-deep in Mass Effect Andromeda and Steins;Gate 0 right now (these games just don't seem to end lol).

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic