Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 3,288

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 oh yeah, I definitely didn't trust Hatch πŸ˜…. It was probably the only one where I thought my choice was the opposite of what Paul should do but I didn't really think about that specifically for the others. I was on the fence about control and surrender. I thought the Surrender ending might be a bit tacky from the premonition but possibly easier than the control ending. I didn't like the idea of that other guy being made a villain for control though. I just chose control because the word sounded better and I was thinking of playing the actual game Control after this πŸ˜…. Crap reasons really!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I chose the same second decision for the same reason really. I wanted to see more of littlefinger and the premonition for the focusing on the company option offered up little about whether we'd see more of Aiden Gillen or Lance Reddick so I went with the other option that at least guaranteed some time with one of them

See ya!

dmcc0

@LtSarge I guess another character takes her place in the story if she's dead - obviously no idea how much she's in the 'other' story branch given she's dead in mine. There's a guy that helps guide you fairly early in the game (I think his name is Nick?) - could be him maybe.

@ralphdibny I guess what you want to play next is as good as any reason to make those choices πŸ˜‚

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 Wait what, you get to have a completely different character with you if you choose to kill Amy? I just looked him up, is he the taxi driver from the very start of the game? Wow, I wonder what's he like compared to Amy.

LtSarge

dmcc0

@LtSarge Yeah, that's him. He's in the game a fair bit, so seems like there may be a reasonable amount of differences depending on the decisions you make.

I was toying with the idea of playing this again to see what the differences were depending on the choices, but initially decided not to as I figured they'd be pretty minor - I'd read stuff that suggested there was only a single ending, and I didn't think there would be any difference to the TV episodes given they look to have decent production and would be too expensive to produce alternatives that might not even be seen by the player. But I'm now thinking I might actually give it another play through at some point in the future if there are apparently whole characters being replaced.

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@LtSarge @dmcc0 I literally don't remember the cab driver from the beginning of the game at all. In the last level, you drive to the swimming pool in a cab and if you press X on the cab, Jack says something like "Thanks" which I thought was a bit random but it makes a lot more sense if it belonged to an actual main-ish character!

See ya!

ralphdibny

I know we've got a week or so left of QB but I think we need an extra vote for our next game. Currently Doom 3, Mirrors Edge, Dante's Inferno and Doom Eternal are tied with 2 votes each.

If nobody else votes then I will do a tie breaker closer to the end of the month.

Dead Space
Doom 3 - 2 (mtyant, sarge
Mirrors Edge - 2 (balta, sarge
Perfect Dark -1 (balta
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Kameo: Elements of Power - 1 (balta,
Dante's Inferno - 2 (balta, sarge
Crysis - 1 (sarge
Marvel Avengers -
Doom Eternal - 2 (blocean, klwtz,

See ya!

KilloWertz

Wrapped up Quantum Break today. My junction choices were PR, Personal, Amaral, and Control. I have by far the most deaths of anybody on my friends list (somewhere in the 70's). Two sequences in the game really padded that, with the end battle being frustrating enough that I had to take a break from the game after the 15th or so death.

I'd probably give it around a 7/10. It was solid for the most part, but it did tail off for me after Beth got killed. Then it really tailed off for me after they had Will make up an excuse as to why he could be saved but she couldn't. Maybe it's because I'm such a big fan of Control, but still, that was a bummer. Before that and the final battle, I was considering an 8/10.

So much of the game was very similar to Control, right down to the text in the top left corner, but I am obviously glad that they improved upon a lot in their follow-up. No, Control isn't perfect either, but that was one of my favorite games of the last generation, while I would consider Quantum Break to merely be solid. I would have definitely watched a full length movie version of the episodes though.

How was Hatch alive in the end when they made a point to say that everybody that died would still be dead? Hard to survive getting stabbed in the eye.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Banjo-

@KilloWertz I don't think that I understood everything that happened in Quantum Break when I played it but because I played it years ago I don't know what you guys are talking about πŸ˜‚.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

Ok, so there's no extra votes coming in for our original list. So it's tie breaker time!

Doom 3
Mirrors Edge
Dante's Inferno
Doom Eternal

had the most votes.

If everyone (including those who have already voted) could just pick the one game out of those 4 that they'd most want to play and then whichever gets the most votes will be our game for December. Voting closes at some point in the next couple of days.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

I think I'll vote for Dante's Inferno. Kinda in a mood to experience some classic God of War gameplay.

LtSarge

themightyant

@ralphdibny Doom 3 still for me. But all are good choices.

In other news I’m on the final chapter of Quantum Break and will post my thoughts here soon.

themightyant

KilloWertz

Count me out then. It's probably for the best anyways since I have plenty of other stuff to play over the next couple of months. I would have squeezed in Doom Eternal, but again, probably for the best I play it later. Enjoy Dante's Inferno.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Banjo-

My final vote goes for Doom Eternal (for technical reasons).

Banjo-

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I mean, most of the candidates were not really "suitable" for Christmas in general haha.

But yeah, looking forward to playing it soon. I have so many games going on right now, such as PokΓ©mon, Kingdom Hearts and Fable, so I don't know when I'll start it up. Not to mention Shadow of the Colossus on Push Square Game Club soon. So I'm glad it became Dante just because it isn't that long of a game. I'm sure most of us here will also have plenty to play in December due to all the Holiday titles, so it's at least good that the game is fairly short.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge haha yeah. I don't think there's many Christmas games to be honest. Arkham Origins comes to mind.

I'm glad Dante's Inferno got chosen though but I would have been happy if it was either Doom game too as I've already played them recently. I'm also glad that SotC is the next Push Square game if that's the case too.

I'm moving in 16 days so lots to plan and sort out in that time and after, plus work and plus Christmas. I just don't have time for additional gaming in December on top of polishing off Control and whatever else is in my non democratised personal gaming schedule.

I would have had to make time for Mirrors Edge if that was chosen however! I'm glad that will get saved for a future month as I am quite interested in playing that game!!

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny πŸ˜‚. I haven't played Dante's Inferno and it seems that it's not too long although I always take much longer than people on Howlongtobeat.com. Seriously, how do they play the games? If possible, I'll play Doom Eternal as well because it's a huge game in terms of size so I can free storage up. Yes, I could erase it and download it but after playing all Gears of War games this year and Doom (2016) before them, I'm in the mood. I'll try to play both in December.

Banjo-

Balta666

I have downloaded the game last night and as tomorrow I have a free day I might start it (pending on the progress in Symphony of the night)

P.s: also today's is the birthday of a good friend and we are going out for drinks so let's see if I am in the mood for gaming tomorrow

Edited on by Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic