Forums

Topic: Now that Games Showcase 2022 is over does this mean no...

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Ashadelo

Now that Games Showcase 2022 is over does this mean no Goldeneye and Final Fantasy VII R?

Ashadelo

Xbox Gamertag: Ashadelo

BAMozzy

@Ashadelo Not at all - there is still another Xbox Showcase with 'new' content coming tomorrow.

I still think Goldeneye will release on its 25th Anniversary which happens to be the 25th August 2022. I think that date has much more significance. Final Fantasy VII, like Deathloop and Ghostwire, maybe are not able to be discussed yet under whatever agreements were made. Its also possible that they are keeping these for tomorrows chat - after all, its not as if people haven't seen game-play or don't know what to expect with all these games.

Yesterdays Showcase was very much about 'new' games coming to Xbox in the next 12months and Game Pass. Whilst those games maybe 'new' to Xbox, they are not new games. 3 were on PS and Goldeneye is nearly 25yrs old.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

dmcc0

There is a Square Enix broadcast scheduled for this week (Today?) - it's possible they could announce FF7 at that I suppose.

dmcc0

Lavalera

@Balta666 What i think is that the exclusivity just ended. And here is why i think that: the intergrade upgrade was a year ago on 09-06-2021 and they probably renewed the exclusivity with a year. 6 months later 16-12-2021 the EGS version of ff7r went live (little over 6 months later). And since Squares exclusivity is usually 6 month for pc and 12 for other consoles, i see a high possibility it will be announced at the mini Square event. But thats just theory crafting and not by any known info.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

KilloWertz

At least from what has been announced, Final Fantasy 7 Remake hasn't been a PlayStation exclusive for the whole 2022 so far. When the PS5 version (Intergrade) was revealed, it said it was a 6 month timed exclusive at the end of the trailer. Once that ended, then the Epic Games Store got it exclusively in mid-December, but I don't think they ever said for how long and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with console releases or not.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Grumblevolcano

A major thing to note is that Microsoft haven't done their 2nd half of June Game Pass announcements, in normal circumstances they'd have made those announcements yesterday which would've fitted nicely as something for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended. Seems likely something has held it up but as Nintendo doesn't seem to be having a Direct this week, it seems most likely to be that the Xbox/Steam version of FFVII Remake can be discussed from June 16th (6 months after the Epic Store release) rather than Goldeneye appearing.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

BAMozzy

I still think Goldeneye will release in August to coincide with the 25th Anniversary. Maybe they have something planned much closer to that date. I see IGN have a Documentary coming up (Goldenera) where they look at the development of the Original, talk to the devs etc.

Its obviously coming at some point - whether its announced by Nintendo, Microsoft or at a 'special' Goldeneye 25th Anniversary event, I still expect to see it soon...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Lavalera

@Grumblevolcano that's actually a plausible one. Also seeing square does some ff7r announcement tomorrow but I doubt they will do it only for a Xbox and gamepass release. But it's all lining up to much to be coincidence.

K1LLEGAL

Looks like Xbox got snubbed again? Crisis Core is coming though (which is an awesome game btw). But yea no announcement for FFVIIR for Xbox despite the steam release. I guess that’s it then?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

Lavalera

Tbh i don't know anymore if it's coming. If even now after the Epic exclusivity ended it still isn't announced i wonder if it will ever come. And after Persona it would be such a huge deal to get more Japanese games on xbox.

Grumblevolcano

I feel just Steam yesterday is pretty much confirmation that FFVII Remake is never coming to Xbox. Goldeneye though, I'm still of the view Microsoft gave Nintendo the announcement given its legacy so we'll see it in the next Nintendo Direct.

Grumblevolcano

BAMozzy

Its difficult to know what is happening with some games due to pre-release agreements and what we do know doesn't necessarily help either. Knowing that some timed 'exclusivity' deals have expired doesn't tell us IF there is any plan to bring that game to a different platform.

This next year has numerous 'unknowns' that we think should happen based on the little info we have. Whether its Xbox owned Studios games (like Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo) or not, those games weren't mentioned at all. Even though we know the Achievement list for Goldeneye, that too hasn't been mentioned.

As for FFvii - maybe they'll wait until pt 2 releases to release pt1 on Xbox, maybe wait until all have released and drop a complete set. Maybe it won't come at all.

MS couldn't talk about Activision/Blizzard either but that acquisition should/could complete within the next year (before E3 2023) which would give MS all of the Activision Publishing Rights - meaning they can Publish ALL their 'valid' license games to Game Pass. By valid Licence, I mean those that A/B hold - which probably won't include Marvel (Spider-Man games), James Bond (eg Skyfall by Treyarch), Hasbro (Transformers) etc. If it completes 'before' Diablo IV releases, that could be Day and Date on Game Pass (or added the day MS closes on the deal).

Point is, these two showcases, whilst they were focussed purely on the next 12 months, that's just a look at the year ahead as they could talk about at that specific point in time. There are other Events and opportunities to fill in 'gaps' as and when they can talk about things. We knew that MS was acquiring Bethesda but still had to wait until they did their official round table before MS could talk about things and still had to wait for Starfield to be 'confirmed' as Exclusive at last years E3.

I don't expect MS to be 'silent' until next years June Showcase. I think by next years E3, when you look back over the year and compare what we were 'promised' at this years show with what we ended up getting, the reality will be 'better'. At most Events, you see a lot of games but few of those end up releasing within the next year and some games end up being shown again and again and again year after year. We also need to remember that this is just 'Xbox' and/or Game Pass games - not the 3rd Party Published games that are not on Game Pass - games like Hogwarts, Gotham Knights, Callisto Project, Dead Space remake, Street Fighter 6, RE4 remake, Saints Row, Evil West etc too so not a 'complete' picture of EVERYTHING you can expect to be playing in the year ahead. Therefore, I do think that when reflecting back over the previous 'year', especially with what seems a very strong first half of 2023 still fresh in the memory, people will look back and think its been a 'great' year for Xbox gamers.

PhhhCough

Yeah, ffvii:re isn't happening, with word that the next installment will be ps5 exclusive. Don't see why they would release part I onto xb systems, but not the following two. Unless it's an exclusive for awhile, then 5 years later xb gets all three in one collection, ala kingdom hearts.

PhhhCough

Grumblevolcano

So Goldeneye got announced earlier this month in a Nintendo Direct but I have been thinking there's still a tiny chance of FFVII Remake appearing. Maybe it's a launch window title for the next Switch (I'm guessing that hardware will launch May 12th alongside Tears of the Kingdom) and Square Enix gives Nintendo first announcement like they did with the older FF games in 2018.

Wouldn't hold your breath given the situation with FFVII Rebirth but it is something that came to mind given how heavily Square Enix focused the September Direct was.

Grumblevolcano

KilloWertz

@Grumblevolcano But the thing is, it was indeed heavily Square Enix focused, but it was also all the style of games that they release on the Switch. Not your more "extravagant" JRPGs like Finial Fantasy VII Remake or Final Fantasy XVI. Yes, Crisis Core is coming to Switch and Xbox, but at this point I would figure that any hope of Final Fantasy VII Remake appearing on anything but PS4/PS5 and the PC is long gone after all this time. I'd even be skeptical of Final Fantasy XVI ever appearing on anything but the PS5 and PC given how much of a tight grip they had on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Grumblevolcano

@KilloWertz If we look at the past few years of the Japan side of Square Enix and the future of what's not on Switch:

• FFVII Remake (PC, PS)
  • Babylon's Fall (PC, PS)
  • FF Origin (PC, Xbox, PS)
  • FF Pixel Remasters (PC, mobile)
  • Star Ocean The Divine Force (PC, Xbox, PS)
  • Valkyrie Elysium + Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PC, PS)
  • Forspoken (PC, PS)
  • FFVII Rebirth (PS)
  • FFXVI (PC, PS)

There's plenty of PS exclusivity but also the vast majority of these games probably wouldn't be able to run natively on the Switch anyway (I'd guess only the pixel remasters for sure would run natively), also in the case of Babylon's Fall that game is shutting down soon. Square Enix has done cloud versions (Guardians of the Galaxy, Kingdom Hearts franchise) but it feels like those were the cause of a separate factor like Disney or in the case of KH, KH on Switch being a requirement for Sora in Smash Ultimate (KH 0.2 and KH3 likely wouldn't be able to run natively on the Switch).

So I feel that while there is a high chance that FFVII Remake onwards for FF is PS console exclusive regarding new games and remakes, that the last chance of it not being the case is it being connected to new Switch hardware. Of course if Sony announced acquisition of Square Enix in the meantime, that would act as confirmation about full PS console exclusivity.

Grumblevolcano

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.