Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 101 to 120 of 584

Balta666

I am playing Lost Odyssey at the moment. Just finished disc 2 and the game is growing on me. Now that I have a party of 5 and the mana pool is reasonable the game is way more fair (it helps that you rest whenever you load your game altough not sure that is a feature or a bug).
I like the dreams and the story/characters are interesting altough the VA has some highs and lows and not sure if it is a compatibility issue but several cutscenes during battles lack sound.

BrilliantBill

Recently finished Firewatch (a very enjoyable indie gem) and Mass Effect 2 (doesn't really need a review, pure Sci-Fi RPG glory). Currently playing Mass Effect 3 and Halo Reach (with mouse and KB on an Xbox! what a time to be alive😂).

Edited on by BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill

PhhhCough

Dreamscaper. If you like roguelike, roguelite?, whichever this game is pretty good. The art is great, the music is nice. It's on game pass.

PhhhCough

Balta666

Started the 4th disc of Lost Odyssey... The third one was a mixed bag, on one hand the story has unfolded and it is getting really interesting but on the other the second half when characters get separared and you end up fighting with very unbalanced teams is something I quite dislike. Now let's see if the game can finish on a high note

Banjo-

I beat The Medium yesterday. You can read my review on the other thread. I don't usually write them but that game left a mixed impression on me and wanted to share it. What am I playing now? I have Puyo Puyo Tetris (the fan-translated version) on New Nintendo 3DS and I also bought it soon after launch for Switch. I'm not a huge fan of Puyo Puyo but I got the sequel, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, for Series X a couple of days ago. I love this version because it's crystal-clear and I prefer playing with the Xbox controller than with the Switch Lite spongy buttons. If you are at least slightly interested in puzzle games, this and Tetris Effects are must-have and both are optimised for Series X!

EDIT: I'm getting better at Puyo Puyo.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Krzzystuff

Just rolled credits on A Plagues Tale. It was a great game. Really enjoyed the story and the music was such a great fit with...well all of it. Really looking forward to playing the second one when it's out. Off to deaths door next.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff I'm glad you ended up loving it. Did you have any trouble with the cart and the end boss at all in the final chapter? The former almost broke me entirely.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Krzzystuff

@KilloWertz the cart was Uber hard!!! I saw in the thread post that something in the last chapter was apparently really hard and i was getting frustrated at the cart expecting something even harder after that. Overall i be really enjoyed the game and can't wait for the sequel!

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Balta666

Holy cow cyberpunk is awesome! I am not trying to be apologetic as even though Witcher 3 is my Goat and I had a good enough PC to run the game at launch I decided not buying it as was still waiting for reviews and well the rest is history.
However nowadays that the game is finished the mechanics are good (altough I would prefer it to be third person) and the story and characters are bloody fantastic. As far as I understand there are no big consequences to your actions like in the famous "bloody baron" but I am ok with that as long as the material is worth it. Do yourself a favour and play the game (now at a good discount)

Banjo-

@KilloWertz @Krzzystuff The worst thing about A Plague's Tale is the gameplay. Anyway, the final boss has some cool gameplay ideas but, as the rest of the game, poorly executed. The rest is good: graphics, sound, characters...

I started Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair because I needed three achievements quickly. I was not the biggest fan of the prequel and, compared to Banjo-Kazooie, it disappointed me but the sequel so far so good. The Xbox version is the only one that hits 4K and the music is awesome. I like it much more than Retro's DK games and I see half-Rare's talent is here. Now it's when I really want Rare and Playtonic to work together in Banjo-Kazooie or Playtonic to join Xbox Game Studios. Awesome game that I just started in spite of being a Rare fan!

Banjo-

Balta666

I moved on from brutal legends. Did not realize it was a RTS and they just don't work on a controller. The big fights are frustrating and I absolutely cannot control a single unit accuratlely (but I would love to keep playing just for the world sections with fantastic rock!!!).

Tried natura Boy as it is leaving GP but the game was making me snooze (also it is not understandble that a 2d sidescroller does not allow you to use d-pad...)

So now I have started tunic (just at the demo's boss) and this one i am pretty sure I will enjoy and finish.

Edited on by Balta666

KilloWertz

@Balta666 I've never played it, but I've always been well aware of Brutal Legends and never knew it had RTS elements in it until now. Some of them do actually work on a controller, like Gears Tactics and the Halo Wars games. Maybe Double Fine hadn't learned out to translate it properly at that time.

Balta666

@KilloWertz never played those but this one is quite cluncky and as I played a lot of RTS on pc I am used to have things like shortcuts for teams. In this one by default you command all Minions close to you and if you want a particular group to do something (like your stealth units to destroy cannons) you need to get close to those hit a series of buttons that hurt your hands and half the time don't work as intended and you can easily be decimated while trying to do it even on easy mode.

KilloWertz

@Balta666 Yeah, that's horrible. It's a lot easier to play the strategy games I mentioned, as it takes one or two button presses to select a whole group in Halo Wars. You have at most 5 people I think in Gears Tactics (it's been a while since I've played both), so that's not an issue in that game.

I guess Brutal Legends' issues possibly are a combination of them forcing RTS stuff into a game that isn't a RTS game and the fact that it's old. If the developer has experience with the genre, they will put in the effort to at least try to make it as playable as possible on a console.

LtSarge

Sat down with Tunic today as I decided to get a month of Game Pass and so far, this game is brilliant. It feels like a completely refreshing take on the classic top-down Zelda formula as it emphasises minimal hand-holding and mixes in Souls elements such as bonfires and health potions that regenerate each time you save at a bonfire. On top of this, the music is absolutely exceptional. It's so soothing and fitting for this type of game. I genuinely feel entranced while playing this game, I can definitely see this as one of the best indie titles of the year.

LtSarge

R1spam

@LtSarge I played an hour last night and unlocked a couple of weapons. It's fantastic, I can't wait to dig in more

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic