Forums

Topic: Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Tasuki

God I hope the rumors aren't true and we aren't getting another reboot. I can't see why this would be a thing, they just did a reboot a few years ago. In all honesty if they do another reboot I may just skip this next game. I personally would like to see something new like maybe the next generation or maybe the very first MK tournament where Earthrealm lost to Goro, that sort of thing.

From the looks of things it looks like maybe they are doing the reboot to tie in the last movie and maybe create a multimedia format with MK.

Anyways what are some thoughts on this?

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

nomither6

I’m down for a reboot , i didn’t like the new characters introduced in 11 at all & there’s still plenty of past MK characters they haven’t brought back or gave enough attention to . some characters are duds , others are good, but mk11 imo has the worst roster out of the recent trilogy & the story could’ve been a lot better . too much special forces garbage.

nomither6

belmont

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion since I don't follow the fandom but I don't like the character models. The kind of de-sexualised almost all of them taking from the fransise a part if its' identity. They all seem uglier or shorter. Especially the women don't look as they should. Sonya is the worst. I get that she is supposed to be older but she doesn't look good . As for the story I don't care that much unless the main villain isn't bland like Chrona. I would love if they removed the micro transactions and left only the expansion passes but this is not going to happen.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Tasuki

So I saw the trailer and now I am just confused. Why call it Mortal Kombat 1 it's clearly not a reboot more of a continuation of the series. Still kind glad it's not a reboot again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

caleb89

I so hope its true im waiting patiently.

Born to frag

ZuneTattooGuy

@Tasuki
It is a reboot, the timeline restarted at the end of Afterlife.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic