Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,430

MaccaMUFC

Xbox Series X and S are available for pre-order at GAME right now, along with the stand-alone there is also quite a lot of bundles in the £500+ price range where you get an extra controller, 3 months of GamePass Ultimate, Caps, T-shirts etc. All with a release date of 31st of January.

Luckily for me I got a stand-alone Series X last night, only played a match of FIFA 21 while other games were downloading before going to bed and the difference between even the One X version is night and day. Cannot wait to play Valhalla and other games that are optimised for Series X.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

Rather than making a new topic for a question about a game on Series X called Enlisted, I thought I’d just ask here. I’m wanting to buy the Germany Founder’s Bundle, is there any reason in buying the USSR Founder’s Bundle apart from receiving one unique weapon and a premium squad? Because if that’s all you get for paying the extra £25 or buying both bundles with the Founder’s Bundles for £41.74 then I don’t see why anyone would bother paying more than £25 to play the game.

MaccaMUFC

GuruOfGreatness

Do I have a busted Xbox Series X?

Quick Resume works about 30% of the time.

I've had the Xbox set up since the 27th of December and only played Forza Horizon 4 on it and a few minutes of Cold War, both of which I bought physically, as I don't do digital.

However, when I power down the console, and go back to it hours later, or the next day or whatever, I expect it to still be where I left the game as it's supposed to do.

This so rarely happens though. I've read that I should be able to unplug the console for a week at a time and it should still remember where the game left off. Just concerned my Xbox is faulty. Anyone else having similar issues? Wondering whether to return the console or not.

Oh, and I don't have Xbox Live or anything, so being online should not be a factor.

GuruOfGreatness

Fenbops

@GuruOfGreatness not sure man, I’ve heard some complaints about quick resume. If anything I think your console should be fine and it’s probably an update that’s needed when MS get around to it. I wouldn’t think it would be a hardware issue.

Fenbops

Fenbops

Has anyone played Hivebusters yet!? Wow.

I thought Gears 5 looked great on the series X, but Hivebusters looks another step ahead. It’s gorgeous to look at and a good showcase for what the series X is capable of imo. I’d say it looks nearly as good as demons souls on that other console. Also is no one playing it? I did the first 3 chapters and they all popped as rare achievements lol.

Fenbops

Krzzystuff

@Fenbops it looks fantastic but since i haven't beat a single Gears game I don't want to jump in at the end. I was almost done Gears UE on the laptop but on the series x it didn't carry over my progress so i haven't gotten around to replaying it again. On my massive backlog for the year along with Halo.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Fenbops

@Krzzystuff Hivebusters is completely separate from anything else I believe so you should be safe to at least play that. I dipped into gears UE for nostalgia and it does look a bit dated now, still plays great though. I remember the original gears blew me away on a HD Samsung 22” TV I had all them years ago lol how we’ve moved forward.

Fenbops

Krzzystuff

@Fenbops man i remember when i bought a 32" cath tube TV in highschool that weighed like 10,000 lbs and was the envy of my friends...do they even make 32" TV's anymore?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@Fenbops @Krzzystuff No it's not completely separate as it does take place after the GoW trilogy and there is one returning character as well as a new character who's related to one of the original cast. But if the characters don't matter that much to you then it should be fine to play this one first.

LtSarge

Fenbops

@LtSarge cheers for clearing that up I didn’t know.

Fenbops

JGRockford

@Reverandjames
That's a completely different experience from what I'm having with the console.

I haven't experienced crashes, despite being on the same hardware and spending long hours since release day (without pre-order).

This is likely a dud console, or issues stemming from the user...

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

JGRockford

@Reverandjames
How wonderful to hear that you're amused from your own ignorance....

You are assuming this may be a case of brand loyalty when this is actually my first console from Microsoft, after many years on PC, and a handful of generations of PlayStation.

While I have not experienced crashes, or issues with my saves, quick resume can indeed be touch and go.

What you are experiencing where; "State of Decay 2 kept crashing and eventually wiped my save file and multiple games just wouldn't start up at all", shows that there is an issue with your system, either by fault of manufacturing, or your own...

JGRockford

JGRockford

@Reverandjames
"Whatever"...

That's an effect from blanket assumptions...

Likewise blaming your misfortune of crashes, and loss of saves on the console being "not next gen", when the situation is obviously not regular operation.

Again, quicksave is a little touch and go, though it can be improved upon in time. The intention is there, and works quite regularly.

When it doesn't, it's noticeable.

Blaming a malfunction on the console design, is also no help to anyone.

🙄

JGRockford

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

MaccaMUFC

@Reverandjames @JGRockford What exactly is the issue with Quick Resume? I’ve found it takes about 10 seconds when switching between games, is that too long? It’s certainly not as instantaneous as it was made out to be when it was first revealed.

Have you ever had an issue where the screen goes green? It only ever happens when I turn the tv off while the Xbox is still on but when I switch the tv back on I sometimes just see a green screen and can still make out the menu/game. It’s easily solved by switching the HDMI source back and forth.

@BAMozzy Fallen Order was already a great looking game when I played it on the One X, now that it’s optimised for the Series X I might just have to download it from GamePass now that it’s looking even better while running buttery smooth.

Do you usually go for quality or performance mode? I’m about to start AC Valhalla and I usually go for quality mode but I really can’t see any details missing on performance mode compared to quality mode.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

JGRockford

@MaccaMUFC
TBH, I'm very with Quick Resume, and quite happy with the Series X.

Much more often than not, it works, and is significantly more convenient than swapping, or even starting most games from the previous generations. It's a new console and with time, it will get a chance to iron out the remaining problems. Though to clarify, Quick Resume will obviously be expected have issues with games that incorporate online functionality, such as the Dark Souls series.

I was more stating the fact that the other poster was (for some idiotic reason) blaming the console "not being next gen" on their issue with crashing, the loss of save games, and being unable to start multiple games. Of which, seems more likely their problem stems from a malfunction on the console itself, and not from design. As they've mentioned from another thread, had stated "Quick resume has pretty much never worked for me", I could also imagine the issues manufactured from buyers remorse.

On Fallen Order, I had played some hours on the standard PS4 when it had first released, and on re-installing yesterday on the Series X, found the improvements to be staggering (compared to the much lower specced machine). I hadn't tried the performance mode, as the quality mode is just gorgeous, and full of detail, alongside the post processing.

Valhalla: I've just gone for the quality mode here too, but can definitely understand if one was to prefer the 60fps instead. Try both settings, and see what you enjoy.

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic