Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,430

NintendoByNature

So when you buy digital games, do you get points that can be used towards future digital purchases and if so, how? I'm sure this has been talked about to death, but I haven't been an Xbox owner for very long.

NintendoByNature

BAMozzy

@NintendoByNature You need to sign up to Rewards on Xbox so that you can 'earn' points through various methods. I think you can sign up on the console or just search Microsoft Rewards, sign up with your MS/Xbox account and then you'll earn points on purchases...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

JON22

Anyone unable to buy gold? Tried now and says bank can't authenticate payment method even though before I bought the cheapest ancient coins for Sea of Thieves to make sure my card worked because the same message popped up when trying to redeem game pass ultimate from reward points. Now I'm locked out of my paid online games and game pass.

JON22

Czesiek126

I have an issue. Couldnt find any solution. My xbox is constantly crashing at begin. Most after "Press A to continue". My screen freezing then pass to dashboard. Sometimes console turning off just. My xbox is out of warranty. Tried every solution from Microsoft. I even replaced thermal paste. Some games works normally some no. Like flight simulator, cyberpunk, mk11, sekiro, warzone 1, wu long evertthing seems ok. But games like hifi Rush, fortnite, borderlands 3, apex legends, warzone 2, atomic heart, fh5 is crashing constantly. I cant just play them. They are crashing all the time at the same spot while loading. Most people was sending console for repair. Mb there is someone who fixed that. Thanks for any advice

Czesiek126

BAMozzy

@Czesiek126 This site can't advise on ANY self-repair options at all so if you have tried EVERYTHING Microsoft themselves suggest, there is really nothing else anyone here can advise either.

It's very difficult to diagnose the issue and as you don't have any warranty, the only thing I can suggest is paying for a repair or a replacement..

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

GarbonZoni

@Czesiek126 Seen as you are out of warranty, you are probably better off just getting a new box mate. Out of warranty repairs were scandalously priced last time I looked.

Just checked it out. £189 for a Series S and £284 for the X. Daylight robbery in my opinion. My first one stopped reading disks so i just bought a new one. I use the old one for retroarch now.

Edited on by GarbonZoni

Xbox: Garbonzoni

Czesiek126

@GarbonZoni you are right. The sad site of this is I bought used console 1 month ago. I tested while buying. Everything was fine, fifa, cyberpunk working well. When I downloaded fortnite it crashed :/.

Czesiek126

GarbonZoni

@Czesiek126 That's a bummer mate. Hope you didn't pay too much. Take it to cex , see if you can recoup some of the money spent then put it towards a new one.

Ralizah

Ruh-roh. This doesn't seem like the sort of attention Sony's going to enjoy.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GarbonZoni

Aww Jesus, not in here aswell. Sigh.....

KilloWertz

I agree with the person above me. We really don't need to discuss that in this thread. That's about Sony, and this is about the Series consoles. It's already a topic that is a dicey one to discuss, so adding to it here isn't a good idea imo.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

BAMozzy

@Ralizah Is it surprising? Sony - a Japanese company lobbying the US to block a deal between 2 US companies that would actually benefit BOTH, keeping Jobs and income coming into the US.

You have Sony with a lead in EVERY market trying to claim this deal is anti-competitive as it would leave Sony unable to 'compete' with MS despite the fact they still own the biggest Exclusive Library only on Playstation that 'forces' people to buy or miss-out and 'allegedly' uses their Dominant position - especially in Japan to prevent Xbox from being able to compete. Final Fantasy is a massive game in Japan and even if Xbox had it, wouldn't seriously impact their 'dominant' position, but they 'block' MS regardless.

Lobbying US government to block 2 US companies from 'merging' to be 'more' competitive with Sony whilst both those US companies have little/no chance to Compete in Japan because of Sony - its only right that the US lobbies Japan for 'fair' trade as they 'expect' fair trade in the US...

There is a BIG difference to put your money into owning IP's, owning the Studio's and Talent behind a game to bring those to your Ecosystem Exclusively, make them part of your 1st Party Content going forward vs going to a 3rd Party and using your money to 'BLOCK' that studio from releasing on a specific Platform/service. I'd have NO ISSUE with Sony if they bought Square Enix or just bought Final Fantasy and the Studio behind it - as 'annoying' as it maybe for gamers on 'other' platforms, at least you know what to expect. Square Enix can't make Tomb Raider anymore and Amazon may decide to make that Exclusive to their Gaming ecosystem. Point is, if they own it, they have that right - but paying to 'block' others is absolutely ridiculous...

Edited on by BAMozzy

BAMozzy

Looks like Alternatives to the Seagate Expansion is Coming...

Ninfan

I have xbox series S, is It possible to get steam on it, also what other similar sites like steam are available.

Ninfan

BAMozzy

Not specific to Xbox Series X - certainly not in Cyberpunk, but this does show the difference 'Full' Ray Tracing as a Holistic approach to Lighting makes a massive difference to Rasterized Lighting or even various RT effects being used (Psycho mode for example).

With the 'tokenistic' RT modes we get on console - for 'more accurate' shadows OR reflections that barely make any noticeable 'difference', it maybe difficult for some to understand what RT can and does significantly improve on.

Anyway - I think its an interesting video and may help some have a better understanding of RT and how it can correct many 'issues' of lighting that plague games - although its not really affected my 'enjoyment' but I am aware that some things do look very 'game' like because the lighting isn't 'right'.

Well worth watching in my opinion - but I do think we are probably a decade away from getting this level of RT in a AAA 'realistic' looking game similar to Cyberpunk on Console and still be playable - at least not without any form of AI upscaling.

Tasuki

Got a quick question. I recently have been enjoying Mortal Kombat 11 on the Series X in fact its making me want to replay MK 9(Mortal Kombat 2011) and MKX again. I know MKX is backwards compatible but is Mortal Kombat? I went to the MS Store but it appears that both MK and MK vs DC have been delisted digitally but googling it some people are saying yes.

I figured I can find a physical copy of Mortal Kombat from either a used game shop, Flea market or even ebay but before I do that I want to know if anyone here can confirm if it's backwards compatible or not.

The last time I played this game was on the PS3 so I don't have a Physical 360 copy to try this out, or even a digital.

Thanks

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic