Forums

Topic: 512gb or 1tb

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Ff9

I was looking at the series s (upgrade from OG xbox one) but not sure which would suit my use better. I play rarely, maybe 1 time per week. The 500gb and my 480gb external have been more than enough on the OG xbox one.

Would the 512gb be fine or just get the 1tb? Its only $50 more, but what if the 512gb goes on sale and is $100 less?

I have 480gb external ssd (has about 50% left, but some games I'm deleting. that would equal about the same storage as 1tb version...would the 512 be fine in my situation?

Even buying an $80 expansion 512gb would be slightly cheaper than carbon black 1tb.

Ff9

BAMozzy

@Ff9 It really comes down to you and your preference, budget etc. Prefer the look of one over the other OR would rather have double the storage capacity built-in for more games/content - especially as some games are rather large with higher quality textures and other assets for example.

Whatever route you go, the games should perform exactly the same as they have the 'same' specs so it really comes down to your own preference. After all both can be 'expanded' by Expansion slots that just plug & play. With Digital Libraries (as the Series S is an all Digital console), Games are instantly accessible - no need to swap discs. So the more games you have in Storage, the more games you can choose to play instantly. Saving games on an Expansion is a bit like making a Compilation of titles on a Cartridge that you just plug in and can instantly play - I say instantly but within seconds generally.

So even if you do buy the smaller Storage version, you can expand later if you want - so it comes down to you and your preferences - is the Price worth it to upgrade to Black and larger Storage or not to you?

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

PROPS

If you can afford it, go with more storage. Keep in mind, most next-gen games come in around 100 GB's or more. For example, I think both Starfield and Forza are around 120 - 130 some GB's a piece. That's going to be around half of 512 gb's. That's only 4 next-gen games you'll be able to play at a time.

PROPS

Xbox Gamertag: Props001

ZuneTattooGuy

I rocked the 512 gb Xbox Series S for a while and had no issues with it. However I would look at Facebook Marketplace or Mercari and find someone selling the Xbox Series X for around $300. You won't have to look far

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic