Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 441 to 460 of 575

GarbonZoni

@Banjo- It starts good and stays good for maybe 3 seasons, then it gets very boring. There's a couple of good episodes here and there but it just turns into a soap opera with zombies in it. IMO of course mate.

Xbox: Garbonzoni

Banjo-

@GarbonZoni Thanks, perhaps I'll watch season one and see if I like it. Congratulations on your improved skills! 😁

Banjo-

Tasuki

@Banjo- My first exposure to TWD was the Telltale games. When I finished Season 1 of the game I was interested to check out the TV show but sadly after a few episodes I just couldn't get into it. For one thing I didn't enjoy the characters as much I preferred Clem and Lee alot more. After I want to say 3 seasons I had enough.

Obviously your milage will very and this is just my opinion and you may enjoy it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

nomither6

D4 , had to force myself through it

nomither6

GarbonZoni

@Banjo- Best thing is give it a go and see what you think . Cheers I was surprised myself, I must've 'got gud' lol. I've just started Days Gone, looks great and plays good, just a few too many fetch and carry missions but the story is good. Ghosts of Tsushima next then Miles Morales. Should be finished just in time for Forza 8 which will be gettin all my attention for a few months.

Xbox: Garbonzoni

Banjo-

SOUL HACKERS 2 REVIEW

Eliciting some positive Tokyo Mirage Sessions vibes, Soul Hackers 2 is a classy RPG with excellent music and a slick user interface. For starters, it has a multitude of user-friendly settings, including well-explained gameplay, audio configuration and camera tracking, speed and position. There is also an extremely useful re-sizeable and moveable on-screen translucent map and options for message speed, battle speed, auto-battle and assist that helps with known vulnerabilities. There is also real-time forwarding for cut-scenes and it's possible to use healing abilities with one button. Backtracking is handled smoothly with illusion entities that let you know what is left and quick travelling. There is a crucial performance video mode and a pointless 30fps mode. All this makes this game one of the best equipped with features and also one of the easiest to configure with the best user interface I have seen in many years.

Regarding gameplay, the RPG mechanics are interesting and intuitive. There is a lot here but everything is nicely done. You might think that the story and characters are not going to impress you at first but I played a game and I read a good book at the same time and that's something that can't be said often after playing RPGs. Without spoiling anything, this story is a deep reflection about mankind and how things could go one way or the other and how everything would still make sense. I didn't use a guide but, fortunately, I got the good ending.

Instead of the typical flat electroencephalogram in-battle dialogue, you hear realistic comments such as, "That's not going to work" and "How many times are you going to risk it?", depending on the enemies' vulnerabilities. Demons also have a wide and entertaining variety of dialogue. Voice actors for Arrow and Milady are fantastic. Characters are deep and evolve, with Ringo showing a fascinating evolution since the first lines until the last.

As slightly negative aspects, although the art is nice and stylish, dungeon graphics are simplistic. On the other hand, the game has a lot of tools for navigating and the loading screens are short. The dialogues go off on a tangent which is something positive for many RPGs lovers but some characters and actors are weaker, e.g., Ash. All those side conversations at the bar let you know the characters better.

Like in Octopath Traveller, English voices are not recorded with the best quality, Figue seems to have been recorded home, close to the microphone with input level at maximum but it's great that the game is dubbed. Some parts have text and a voice that doesn't match it, it's usual in some RPGs but distracting, nevertheless. The rumble algorithm is completely plain so it should be turned off. Mimi as guard is somewhat annoying and unnecessary although that will change later in the game. In spite of the explanations, the demons management is poorly explained. At first, I thought registering demons meant loosing them because the inventory looks exactly the same. I deleted some demons because of that. Fusion is not properly explained, you may think that fusing demons means losing them forever. For a newbie, it's confusing and overwhelming until you get the hang of it. Eventually, everything makes sense.

With one if not the most functional and stylish user interfaces, terrific music, a performance video mode, successful gameplay mechanics, a strong main cast and a focused and deep story, this RPG is consistent, intense and highly enjoyable.

9/10

Banjo-

Balta666

Kingdom hearts: dream drop distance

Funnily it is the only game in the series I played prior to starting from the beginning this year. At the time I did not get much into it and ended up trading the 3ds game.

This time around, altough it took me a while because of some games in between (like TotK...), I actually deeply enjoyed it as it has easily my favourite gameplay in the series and I liked to play equal times with Riku and Sora and the stories are well thought and connected.

P.s: played a bit of persona 4 but I don't think I can ever again play a SMT game as I really don't like the fusion mechanic and so after just a few hours I moved to Kingdom hearts 3 to finish the marathon!!

dmcc0

@Banjo- Does this continue from the first Soul Hackers game - does it need you to have played that one first, or can it be played standalone without having played the (3DS Exclusive?) original?

dmcc0

NintendoByNature

I beat Tomb Raider DE on xbox last night. What an awesome game I slept on for years. It feels like a unique blend of zelda, assassins creed, and Indiana Jones.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature happy that you enjoyed it. Many criticize it for moving too fast from damsel in distress to killing machine but I allways liked the progression and story. Also the gameplay is fantastic on k+m. Many also prefer the sequel, altough I am not included I that group I will still highly recommend it as it is also awesome (the third not so much but still enjoyable)

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 sweet deal! I will 100% Try the entire trilogy. I thought the pacing was perfect. And I've never felt as bad for a character as I did in this game. Poor thing took a beating the entire time and kept getting back up. Maybe shulk in XC, but its pretty close.

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

@dmcc0 It's a new story with new characters. I haven't played the first entry, but you can play Soul Hackers 2 as an independent game. It's on Game Pass, on top of that.

@NintendoByNature Rise of the Tomb Raider is my favourite Tomb Raider game and it's next in queue! It has more classic elements that the other two and the whole package is more coherent.

Banjo-

dmcc0

@Banjo- Good to know, thanks for that. Not currently subbed to Game Pass as I'm trying to reduce the backlog and it was just too much of a distraction when I did have it. Soul Hackers 2 is on the wishlist though, so might pick it up at some point (or try it if I re-sub to Game Pass).

dmcc0

Banjo-

@dmcc0 No problem. I'm playing Persona 5 Royal now. Soul Hackers is not such a massive package but I loved it and still think about it.

Banjo-

dmcc0

@Banjo- My son bought P5R a while back on Switch - It's one of the many games on my borrow-from-son list 😂 - but as far as I know he never actually finished it, which is very unlike him.

dmcc0

Banjo-

@dmcc0 I will write about Persona 5 Royal when I beat it. It starts okay, it has a bad start, even, in a small and dark dungeon with fidgety characters and with this Persona 5 oversized UI flashing all over the screen, but the game gets much better after a while. It's massive, so I can see why your son never finished it 😂. Soul Hackers 2 has certain things I like more, but Persona 5 Royal has many more things. This is the third Atlus game for me, the first one was Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wii U and I also loved it.

Banjo-

dmcc0

@Banjo- Massive games are never usually an issue for him to be honest, he's racked up hundreds of hours on loads of games and last time I checked his Switch profile he'd actually spent more hours on Pokémon Home than I have on all but a couple of Switch games 🤣 The only other game I know that he hasn't finished is Ni No Kuni, but I think he got another game around the same time as that one (probably a birthday or Christmas gift) and ended up playing the other game more. He has said he'll go back to it at some point, but he's just finished the new Zelda game and jumped straight into Pikmin4. He only really plays on Switch and tends to just play one thing at a time through to completion and then go back and maybe play Smash Bros. or do the post game/collectibles/side quests for something he's already beat while he waits for the next game. He never really has a backlog to speak off.

I picked up a few Atlus games before the 3DS eShop closure and a I've got couple of SMT games on Switch too, but yet to play any of them. I did start the original Persona on the PlayStation Classic Mini ages ago, but without a tutorial or manual I didn't really have a clue what was going on and moved onto something else pretty quickly. Most PS1 games I've gone back to haven't really aged particularly well TBH, so doubt I'll go back to that one.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic