Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 381 to 400 of 575

GarbonZoni

Wo Long Dynasty. Loved the game but the difficulty spike at the start made no sense to me. First boss in the game was harder than the last boss and Lu Bu was harder than both of them. Nice to get a Nioh type game on the X though. Hope the Dlc is good when it comes.

Xbox: Garbonzoni

NintendoByNature

@Banjo- that's a worthy collection. It's usually pretty cheap and if it comes with, I guess give it a try. 1,3, and even 4 are worth playing though.

NintendoByNature

GarbonZoni

@Banjo- It's the worst of the bunch for sure. 4 and 5 are great. I meant to get DMC in the sale but forgot. Next time.

Balta666

Bugsnax as it is leaving GP by the end of next week. Cannot say I found it that enjoyable either in terms of gameplay, characters or story. And special Kudos to the music that it was specially annoying... At first I thought it was going to be a fairly easy 1000 gamerscore but after a few hours I decided to just finish the story and move on (back to ghostwire Tokyo which I am surprisingly into)

Balta666

Ghostwire Tokyo which is a very standard open world game with a cliché story and characters (and japanese folklore) that i actually really enjoyed the gameplay loop! Contrary to most I was fine with its performance and gameplay and really really liked going from roof to roof. Also it has my favourite accessibility feature in removing the jump scares (most likely I wouldn't finish the game without that option).
The dlc expansion is not for me as I found it hard to go back to a gameplay style without my upgrades.

GarbonZoni

@Banjo- Yeah it's well worth a look. Just have in mind that is heavily parry based action game. Really good but until you get it down, progress can be a bit hard. One of the few game pass games i have finished.

RR529

Metroid Prime Remastered (Switch)
Untitled
Mission Accepted

• My first time playing a Prime game, it successfully transitions the formula into the 3rd dimension. The biggest difference between it and the 2D entries is that while those have been evolving to be more quick & action-y, this has a more deliberate, almost puzzle like feel (heck, there's a big plant boss early on that feels very much "traditional 3D Zelda" in it's approach).
  • One of these changes is that instead of beam upgrades "stacking" on top of each other making you progressively more powerful, here they are separate equips. While newer beams are generally more efficient at taking out early/mid game enemies than what came before (helping with backtracking), late game areas tend to be populated with foes weak to a specific one, requiring you to switch things up encounter to encounter.
  • Another addition that's possible due to the first person perspective is the addition of visor upgrades. While you start out with the standard "battle visor" (your basic view) & "scan visor" (lets you collect data on enemy types & the environment), as you get further in you'll obtain the "thermal visor" (see in the dark & more easily track cloaked enemies) & "x-ray visor" (lets you see what can't otherwise be seen, usually environmental elements like secret paths). These really play into the more deliberate pace of the game.
    Untitled
    Untitled
  • One area where the game really uses the extra dimension to it's advantage is the morph ball sections. These are much more involved than anything you'll see in the 2D games, and I'll admit my jaw kinda dropped a few times, like the section that opens up right before a late game beam upgrade.
    Untitled
  • I also liked the fact that most of the upgrades seemed to be behind puzzles that were more deliberately built into the environment, rather than just behind a random destructible wall (even though there is some of that). Usually you can tantalizingly see an upgrade, or at least tell there's an environmental puzzle that's clearly hiding something, and it's just up to you to figure out how to obtain it.
  • If I had to nitpick, there would be a few changes I'd make to the map. Firstly, I'd have any upgrades that you've scanned be marked on the map until you collect them. Secondly, have some sort of general indicator if a room has an upgrade you haven't collected, even if you haven't scanned it (this can be more vague, not giving away precise location). The 2D games already do the latter, marking the map with a dot if there's an upgrade in the general area.
  • Pretty gorgeous game too, I think I'm just going to let these following screenshots do the talking.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with it, even if I got lost a time or two. I think I prefer the more action-y direction the 2D games are starting to take, but I can only imagine how seminal this must have felt back in the day, given that they nailed the 3D transition the first time out, & with really only Super Metroid beforehand being a good example of the franchise. Glad I finally got to experience it.
Untitled
Mission Complete.

@Banjo-, For whatever reason I wasn't notified whenever you mentioned me back on the last page, but I wanted to thank you for reading, even if it's coming a bit late.

@Balta666, sorry for butting in to your conversation, but I believe DMC was developed by Ninja Theory while Other M was developed by Team Ninja. Similar names, but they are different studios.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

I just finished up High On Life. A surprise hit for me. I tend to get a little bored with fps these days, but this game just felt different, because it really was. The silly humor never got old, the gameplay kept getting mixed up so it never felt stale, and the characters + world were all lovable. I'm genuinely surprised at the 4/10 review from the site. It's one of the best games I've played this year.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I guess that makes sense if you don't like that humor. I've never watched Rick and Morty so I was unsure what to expect. It actually felt like a distant version of Futurama which was one my favorite shows growing up.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Just beat Advance Wars (the first one) via the Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp remake last night. I say "beat" and not "complete" because there's a bunch of stuff left to do just in that campaign, let alone the sequel, or all the war room stuff.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with WayForward's update of this game. It's snappy, the writing (while similar) is even funnier in spots, it looks beautiful on the OLED (especially CO power activation animations and cutscenes), and they made a few smart QoL changes that make the game that much easier to play.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

@RR529 Thanks! I also read your Metroid Prime review. It was my first Metroid game and I played it on Gamecube and on Wii. I agree with most of your review, especially about the map. Metroid Prime 2 is more complex because it has two separated worlds linked by portals and, as you imagine, enemies respawn. Any map improvements would have been welcome because the powerups are almost necessary in these games.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@GarbonZoni Nope but I will. I started Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch after beating Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. A lot of variety LOL..

Banjo-

GarbonZoni

There's too much variety but gladly I'm a picky one lol. I really enjoyed Wo Long , one more mission and I've rinsed it for a 1000G, which is something I haven't done in years mate.

Really wish Game Pass had some Shmups on it though. They never seem to come to it.

Balta666

Kingdom hearts 2 it is much easier than the first entry (which I don't find a bad thing as I got frustrated a bit on the prior). Felt that blocking higher jumps and glide behind form updated a bad move (and one is never explained also...) as I never used more than 2 forms as I liked them a lot but was also saving them for bosses instead of using it a lot. Story wise it was ok to follow I played all the games up to it (or checked the cutscenes on some cases).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic