Forums

Topic: Your Top 5 games released in 2020

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Tasuki

Let's admit it 2020 hasn't been the best year for many of us but some great games did release this year. For many of us being cooped up for long periods of time meant we probably got a few more games in then other years. So what were your top 5 games released in 2020?

Keep in mind only games that were released in 2020 are eligible. If they were ports of games released a few years ago on other systems but came to your system of choice for the first time in 2020 i.e. The Borderlands Collection on Nintendo Switch then those are ok. However if it's a game that came out any other year then 2020 and you just played it for the first time in 2020 then that doesn't count.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So here's mine.

5. Spiritfarer — An interesting indie Sim game where you play the Farryman of the River Styx. I enjoyed everything of this game the artwork the sim features, and especially the story. Definitely a must play.

4. Immortals Fenix Rising — Take everything that I enjoyed about Breath of the Wild add Assassin's Creed and you have this game. I am really enjoying my time with this one. While I don't play it all the time it's a great game to come back to go just relax. The puzzles are great, combat is awesome and best of all weapons don't break!

3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remastered — Where do I begin with this game. I am not a huge skateboarder, but I have such good memories of these games growing up going and playing these games at my friend's house on his PSone when I was a teenager. It was nice to see a Remaster that wasn't a cash grab tugging on our nostalgia heart strings. The graphics are great, the music and a nice mix of old and current gen skaters. Now if they just Remaster THPS 3.

2. Mafia the Definitive Edition — Like THPS, this was another game I grew up with. I always enjoyed the Mafia games more then the GTA series to be honest and Mafia was my favorite. However a 2002 game doesn't age well. I tried many times to go back to Mafia but the dated graphics and punishing difficulty just killed it for me a game best remembered in the past, till Mafia the Definitive Edition came out. Like THPS 1+2 it took what I loved about Mafia and updated it for this generation, while keeping the soul of the original. Not another cheap cash in like other Remasters. Playing the remaster was pure enjoyment and reminded me why I loved this series.

1. Streets of Rage 4 — OMG What can I say about this game that hasn't been said already. This is the sequel to the SoR series all of use 90s kids wanted, I guess as the old saying goes better late then never. Like the previous 2 games on my list this game wasn't a cheap cash in (looking at you Battletoads) but a Streets of Rage game for the new generation. Everything I loved and made me fall in love with the series but with updated graphics, and online play. Even the music was great. I was hesitant about this game when it was announced fearing that it was going to be a disappointment like Double Dragon 4 but after playing it it clearly wasn't. I still go back and play it now and again. That is why it gets my top spot for best game of 2020.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

LtSarge

I haven't played many games released this year, but one that I've been playing on Switch lately is Immortals Fenyx Rising and this game is absolutely brilliant. It's basically BotW but better is so many areas, like combat, progression in terms of upgrades (which there are a lot of!), more things to do in the world (such as puzzles), better story and so on. Not to mention that this game looks and runs so well on the Switch, which makes me glad that I chose this version over the PS4/XB1 one since the Switch doesn't have many of these games to begin with. So I might as well play it there.

But yeah, it's been a long time since I played BotW and I've missed open worlds with a lot of freedom. I can literally play these games for hours upon hours, so I don't mind if more companies make them, especially if they can add their own twist or even improve upon the formula like Ubisoft has done with Immortals. It's definitely my top pick for GOTY.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Fenbops

RC Only a few spring to mind.

1. Yakuza Like a Dragon. Most fun I’ve had playing a game this year and my late GOTY. I’m 70 hours in and still enjoying it. Great characters, fun combat and loads to do. Seriously give this game a try if you like RPG/JRPG’s. Oh and the story is phenomenal!

2. Ghost of Tsushima. Excellent open world game with a better than expected story and good combat. Enjoyed it.

3. Ori Will of the Wisps. Stunning looking game with great platforming, I will say however I preferred the first game.

4. Gears Tactics. Really enjoyed it, one of the better Xcom type games I’ve played.

5. Fall Guys. Love or hate it I spent a ton of hours on it with friends.

Edited on by Fenbops

Fenbops

Tasuki

@LtSarge Yeah I loved Immortals definitely a surprise hit. I also like how you can switch between consoles and still use the same save file.

My Backlog

Anti-Matter

1. Pretty Princess Party (Switch)
2. Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
3. Final Fantasy IX physical (Switch)
4. Moving Out (Switch)
5. Evoland: Legendary Edition physical by Red Art games (PS4)

Anti-Matter

Vincent294

1. Half Life Alyx
2. Yakuza Like a Dragon
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator
4. Halo MCC Steam Edition
5. Star Wars Squadrons

Haven't played Animal Crossing New Horizons enough yet to judge, and I'm yet to play Doom Eternal, but I own it. Not enough time on this planet.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

HansCastorp

1. Mafia DE
2. AC Valhalla
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator
4. Resident Evil 3
5. Grounded

HansCastorp

Gaming365247

I'm glad this is for any system its hard to pick 5 for just one system like just Ps4. But heres my top 5 anyways.

5.) Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster (Xbox 1)
4.) Hades (Nintendo Switch)
3.) Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Ps4)
2.) Wasteland 3 (Xbox 1)
1.) The Last Of Us Part 2 (Ps4)

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.