Forums

Topic: WWE Discussion

Posts 121 to 136 of 136

tylertreese

Anyone think Roman won't get the belt at Survivor Series?

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

SuperKMx

tylertreese wrote:

Anyone think Roman won't get the belt at Survivor Series?

It really wouldn't surprise me to see them do something dense like giving the strap to Owens.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

SuperKMx

tylertreese wrote:

Owens would be amazing as champ

I'm not a fan.

Probably because of WWE 2k16.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

tylertreese

@SuperKMx: change the difficulty to easy so you can at least check out the rest of the game (spoiler: main roster doesn't get any better)

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

KO? Kicked his ass first time....but I changed setting to Easy before I started

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Captain_Chao5

@tylertreese: You're not wrong. Added to the fact that the tutorial was useless, I was getting my arse handed to me by every opponent until I changed to Easy. It's not something I normally do (changing down a level) but the game was virtually unplayable for a newbie like me with no clue what the controls were.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

FraserG

First post in five years!

I can't believe they're still going ahead with WrestleMania in front of an empty performance center. It's going to be such a strange show.

News Editor, Pure Xbox

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@FraserG not that JR is associated with it so much any more but I heard him saying on his podcast that he suspects that WWE are waiting for the venue to cancel because they will be able to recoup more of their costs that way

Edit: just read that you said performance centre, I guess they updated their plans! I'm not really in the loop any more. Just been listening to clips of industry people shoot and watching old clips on YouTube!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

FraserG

@ralphdibny Yeah, it's quite something! Here's their statement:

"In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place. However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view. Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania."

News Editor, Pure Xbox

Twitter:

ralphdibny

@FraserG hmmm that will be interesting for sure! I haven't watched it regularly in years, probably like 15-20 years actually. But YouTube has been reccomending me so many clips that I'm almost considering getting a wwe sub to watch through the attitude era again! My girlfriend reminds me that I've got a year's worth of unread comics and 100+ games in my backlog though, not to mention our TV commitments so I feel like it's unlikely at the moment.

See ya!

ralphdibny

Maybe they could paste some of this crowd into the background of wrestlemania:

Untitled

See ya!

Tasuki

This whole paranoia about COVID-19 has hit the wrestling industry hard particularly Indy wrestlers. Some wrestlers are even stranded here as travel sanctions are put into place. It's no surprise that WWE is moving to an empty area and even cancelling the Hall of Fame. Even AEW had to move a few of their shows (I am not sure if they are doing theirs in an empty arena or not, and Ring of Honor last night has cancelled all shows till further notice.

My thoughts on it honestly they should have just cancelled WM or maybe postponed it till Summer, I understand why they didn't since it's known that the writers have a whole year of stuff planned from each WM to the next so that would consider a whole lot of work. But the magic of WM has become the crowd, and the event itself. How many of these athletes been working all this time for their WM moment only to have it taken away from them now. Yeah the matches will go on as planned but how exciting will it be without an audience. Would Edge's return have been as epic without a crowd?

Myself I wasn't planning on watching WM, I haven't watched WWE in years but I do still follow it. So I will hear how it goes but I am not expecting too much, to begin with none of the storylines excite me this year but with no crowd there....

Right now though I am waiting for AEW to follow suit with the empty arena. Hopefully by the time Double or Nothing roles around for them the world gains some of its sanity back.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.