Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 261 to 280 of 453

crippyd

@stylon Yep, that's a magic weapon, equip and use it like a sword. It'll use whichever spell/miracle you have in the up box as long as you are sufficiently leveled (again like the swords/shields).

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: Doh! Will give that a go tonight... could have been using it ages ago! Will have to invest some points in my magic now, haven't bothered at all with that so it's very limited!

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon TBH I don't use magic, I just go with melee and bow (which, thanks to your helpful video post, I now have a proper one as well as cross bow).

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: I don't use it much but I do make use of the pyromancy thing in combat until I run out of FP... there's no downside really - it's like having a free bunch of firebombs that replenish when you rest... I guess the healing spell would be like free shots of Estus. But yeah I'm all about having a big sword and the bow... all my points are in strength, vigor, dexterity and just enough vitality that I can equip everything and stay under 70%

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I'm the same, I have this great sword that scales with dex and strength that I got by trading in one of the boss souls (its called the hollow something sword) and my co op pal has suggested that I upgrade my dark sword although that doesn't seem to do as much damage as the hollow sword I have equipped. My points are going in Dex, strength, stamina and vitality. I don't bother putting any into health as that tends to get a little boost when you upgrade strength, stamina and vitality (I think) and I might put some into magic or pyromancy later.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@stylon: the shell guy dies naturally at a certain point in the game, I think some other chick comes to replace him eventually? Shell guy and new chick are very important for doing one ending of the game

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: ooh, the dark sword is really good! I done goofed it up though, I infused it and made it the worst piece of garbage on the planet, idk how infusion works yet, lol

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

stylon

@crippyd: Yeah I can't remember what mine is called but I got it off Ludleth (guy on the throne) in exchange for Vordts soul... I upgraded it with a Titanite scale that I got from killing the first Crystal monster thingy and it does a lot of damage now...

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: haven't got a clue about infusing either... I've gone to do it a few times but when it gives you the preview of whats going to happen it seems like it'll improve one stat and then screw up all the others so I end up doing nothing

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: To use magic (sorcery) you need something called a catylist. The very first merchant in the game sells one.
For the various types:
Pyromancy - Glove (guess you've got this one). No scaling, just upgrade the glove.
Sorcery - Catylist (some weapons work as a catylist also and you usually find some different ones in game). Scales off Intelligence.
Miracles - Talisman (like sorcery, the merchant sells one - looks like a doll). These scale off faith.

Miracles are generally under-utilised. Faith builds are harder as early on, not much is available. For a Faith build in DS2, I respecced when I got my level high enough to put enough points in to use the biggie miracles. The Lightning Spear types are a killer at higher levels. Bit slow for pvp though.
I guess the invader you ran away from was in the undead settlement. Not too hard, just watch his heals. It's usually worth dealing with these guys when they drop in but they do tend to drop in at the most inconvenient times. In 2 they kept coming till you killed them and appeared more than once.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

stylon

@sorethumbed: Thanks for the rundown - really helpful. Can't remember where I got the glove from but I'll deffo be going back to the old biddy to pick up a talisman! I'll probably stick with my current play style but it'll be interesting to supplement it with a bit of magic as well

Spot on with the invasion though - when I loaded the game up the next day it happened again at the very same spot so I went toe to toe with him and beat him (by the skin of my teeth). He dropped a vertebra peice I think but haven't found a use for it yet lol. That was in the undead settlement...

stylon

sorethumbed

It has two uses. You can turn it in to a covenant or give it to the crows in the fire link shrine (up top close to the roof) after either buying the key or being a cheapskate like me and making a tree jump.

stylon

@sorethumbed: I've tried to do that jump many times but just couldn't get it to work

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: If you collected the ashes in the undead settlement graveyard, give them to the vendor in Firelink shrine. She will then stock another key. Buy this key and go through door in sewers. After clearing, you will find a talisman as well as a miracles vendor Irina of Karim.

stylon

@sorethumbed: That's the sewer with the big rat in it isn't it? I have done that bit but don't remember finding a talisman... will check my inventory tonight as sometimes if I'm in the middle of fighting something I just pick stuff up on autopilot without checking what I just got!

stylon

crippyd

Played a bit of co op last night and we beat the abyss watchers and a load of fat monk type dudes around an altar (can't remember what the name was).

I've remembered the name of my sword, Hollow Slayer.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Red620Ti

Deacons of the Deep mate.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

@Red620Ti Cheers for that, I'm terrible for remembering the names of stuff! Must be my advancing years.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@stylon: Almost, yes. As you head away from the big rat down the sewers (before the other 3 rats) there is a door on the RHS that you open with a key you buy from the vendor in the shrine after giving over the ashes you found (hopefully) in the cemetery. At the end of that area there is a talisman (careful of more rats) and up the ladder an npc that will go back to the shrine.

holchasaur

I disappear for a day and two of you beat the game?!! Congrats, guys!

@Red620Ti: Did you bring anyone along for the Nameless King battle? If you went solo, I'm surprised that he didn't give you problems. He's commonly referred to as the hardest boss in the game, an opinion I completely agree with!

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

@stylon: I usually strip down to make the jump. Dunno if it helps really but I've never managed it with clothes on! After you find the crow, keep going forwards and smack the wall then drop down for a chest.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.