Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 241 to 260 of 453

holchasaur

@GravelordXD (I'm contiuning the WGAYPTW conversation here so no one gets mad at me for mentioning bosses by name.) Have you fought Dragonslayer Armour, Champion Gundyr, The Nameless King, or Prince Lothric yet? For a while, I too thought the bosses were surprisingly easy, but the second half of the game gets pretty intense if you're going solo.

@sorethumbed Good looking out. That's an easy enough read to make sense of the important stuff. Thanks!

Edited on by holchasaur

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

Well the dude with the Uitchinaga at the fire link shrine was a hard ass. Mine now 👌

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

sorethumbed

@DRL: No probs. As it says in the article, it's their interpretation, not necessarily the 'facts as the dev created them'.

Red620Ti

Princes down!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

@sorethumbed: yeah he was a pain - his attacks can stagger you and then he just lays into you. Think the terrain made the fight a bit awkward too. Didn't rate the stuff I got off him either

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: The 'armor' isn't worth mutch but the Sword, for a 'DEXTERITY' build is a killer. Even if you don't have a Dex build get your Dex to 16. With a raw gem installed it does a ton of damage then you can concentrate on levelling up other stats. It is fast and uses a lot less stamina than other weapons. Eventually, I just kicked him off the cliff 👇

Edited on by sorethumbed

Red620Ti

Breezed through Untended Graves this morning, and then got to Archdragon Peak...OMG this bit is hard! @DRL did you give the eyes to the Firelink Maiden?

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

holchasaur

@Red620Ti: I didn't. I was afraid to mess with the hollowing trajectory I was on. Figured I do that on my next playthrough.

@GraveLordXD: Yep. That's exactly where the difficulty spikes! I played the game in offline mode as well; there was a summons-related glitch before launch, so I pretty much had no other option. A few of the late-game bosses are extremely difficult due to how little room they leave for you to breathe. Be ready for that.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

holchasaur

Seeing as how a few of you are nearing the end of the game, I'm curious to know which three locations were your favorite? Personally, I'd say Undead Settlement, Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, and Archdragon Peak. Honorable mention goes to Grand Archives.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL:
Hmm..Boreal Valley in terms of visuals.
I really like inside Lothric castle too
And the Undead settlement, its curious as to why theres bodies in cages and hanging everywhere

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Champion Gundyr was a buttmunch, probably the hardest boss in the game besides the watchers
Im at the final boss, havnt fought him yet though

Red620Ti

Nameless King down! Not as hard as I was expecting...

Red620Ti

I did it, praise the sun! I completed a Souls game! I r MLG Pro 1337 now.

Red620Ti

Best bits are Boreal Valley, Farron Keep (not) and I loved the top way out of the Archive on the run up to the Princes fight. Awesome graphics, awesome game.

crippyd

I've just beaten a demon that was wielding a very large mallet and on top of a bridge, somehow lured him to the top of the stairs so I could shoot him with arrows and he just stood there until he died!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Completed the game, only the storm king and dragon boss remains, then ill have beaten it all!

Red620Ti

Well, I must have learned......I started NG+, breezed on through, killed the Crystal Lizard, killed the first boss in one life, wandered on, made the dragon fly away and was generally wrecking the joint when I got overconfident and died to about 4 hollows. Don't get cocky, kids!

stylon

I've just reached the bit where the giant crabs are scuttling about - guess I've still got a looong way to go compared to you guys! Really starting to enjoy and appreciate the preparation you can go through before a boss fight... finding shortcuts to the nearest bonfire, opening one way doors, getting keys etc... was really chuffed with myself after creating a direct root the tree boss (no pun intended), although like several other 'boss' monsters in that area it seemed to be optional? Just taking my time and looting every area fully and leveling up before moving on.

Still struggling with a couple of things though... I've learned Pyromancy and equipped it as a weapon which works great (until my FP runs out) but still cannot work out how to use magic/miracles... I've bought a healing spell and also a soul arrow but just can't work out how to use them. Tried equipping them in the 'up' slot on the D-pad at a bonfire but doesn't seem to do anything... obviously missing something here?

Also the turtleshell backed guy at the firelink shrine seems to have died or left his shell I always liked talking to him as I could get free level ups... not sure what's gone wrong there?

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

@stylon To use magic you need to have a staff or other magic weapon equipped in place of a sword/shield (so in essence, it functions as a sword). Not sure about the turtle guy as he has leveled me up 4 times now and is still there.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: The last time I spoke to him he said something along the lines of 'I've leveled you up as much as I can', the next time I saw him he was just an inanimate shell on the floor and the talk option has gone.

Magic wise the only thing I've picked up that might fit that bill is like a weird looking gold upside down candelabra type thing - no idea what to do with it?

stylon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.