Forums

Topic: 2016 - Most anticipated games

Posts 1 to 20 of 43

BAMozzy

With 2016 rapidly approaching, what 5 games are you most looking forward to at the moment. I appreciate we don't have a full list of releases and some may 'slip' to 2017 too.

5: Mass Effect: Andromeda
4: Gears of War 4
3: Scalebound (XB1)
2: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
1: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

Uncharted 4 is one of my most anticipated games of this generation - I loved the previous 3. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks incredible and the concept really appeals to me. Scalebound has been one of my most intriguing games ever since it was revealed and the game play reveal just fuelled it even more - its also got Dragons as your friend (and not just the enemy). Gears of War 4 makes my top 5 because its a 'Gears' game. I loved the trilogy (not Judgement) and the reveal looked like it could well continue the franchise even though its now in the hands of the Coalition. I do hope they don't do a 343 on it!! Mass Effect is on this list purely because of the original trilogy but I appreciate that details are sketchy on this. If it's as good as the previous games, its certainly deserving of a place on my top 5.

This is my list as it stands at the moment but as new details emerge about these and other games, as well as any possible new announcements, this list could change. There are a number of games in my top 10/20 that could potentially break into the top 5 - Games like (and in no particular order) Doom, the Division, ReCore, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo Wars 2, Hellblade, Yooka-Laylee, Lego Marvel Avengers etc etc...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

stylon

Not sure if this thread should be in 'Other gaming' given it's not exclusively Xbox related... anyway on with the list.

In no particular order:

Quantum Break
The Division
ReCore
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Legend of Zelda

Not putting any sequels on my list... more than anything else I'm looking for fresh new IP experiences.

Having said that I am of course looking forward to Uncharted 4, the next COD, AC, Gears etc but I'm not bursting with anticipation for any of them. If anything I've been disappointed with what I've seen of Uncharted 4 so far... pretty, but same old same old...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

BAMozzy

I did wonder if that and the 2015 GOTY thread should have gone in that but I figured that for most forum members, their GOTY and most anticipated would be Xbox One games. It seems you and I are amongst the few that own more than 1 of the next gen consoles

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

crippyd

These are the games I've currently got on my Amazon list - Dark Souls 3, Gears 4, Doom, Dishonored 2 and Crackdown. Quantum Break looks interesting, as does ReCore. I'm sure there will be many more but as it stands, these are it.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Captain_Chao5

Half my wish list of games are out now (Fallout 4, TR, etc) but I am going to be getting Gears on day one, no question. I'm also very keen to see how Quantum Break shapes up as it looks good so far. I'm sure there will be other titles that I've missed that will pull me in.

...and what's this 'other gaming' thread you speak of. I thought I was reading the PureXBOX forums LOL

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: It's for those of use who dare to go over to the 'Dark Side' from time to time. In all honesty, despite me having all 3 consoles my time is split 95% Xbox, 4% PS4 and 1% WiiU these days. They are only under my TV for the exclusives and boy have there been slim pickings there since launch! Xenoblade Chronicles may just change that slightly... but otherwise Xbox is king... well into the new year for me.

stylon

Souldin

Funny enough, I have plans to make a 'top 6 anticipated games of 2016' video at the start of next year. That said, I have no problems with mentioning my top 5 most anticipated games for 2016 here and now; after all, some of them might have changed when I get around to making the video.

5) Pokkén Tournament (Wii U).
4) Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS).
3) Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Xbox One)
2) Scalebound (Xbox One)
1) Genei Ibun Roku #FE (Wii U)

I was considering Fable Legends (Xbox One) for this list, however that game still has a chance to release before the end of the year. Besides, even though I'm still excited for it, I'm not sure I'd place within the top 5. It'd probably have to contest for spot number 6, although it would be a mighty challenge for it.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

Xbox Gamertag: Souldin | Twitter:

stylon

OK, definitely heading into 'Other gaming' territory now... I haven't even got a clue what that number 1 game is (or 3 or 4 lol). At least Scalebound is number 2

stylon

Red620Ti

My most anticipated are :

1) The Division. Having played this at EGX it was very good.
2) Scalebound - because dragons!
3) Gears 4 - Because Gears!
4) quantum Break looks intriguing, I'm interested to see where they go with it.
5) Doom because big guns and monsters!

I'll leave it at a top 5 before I get too giddy!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Gamer83

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Quantum Break
4. Gears of War 4
5. Ratchet & Clank
6. Crackdown 3
7. Scalebound
8. ReCore
9. Dishonored 2
10. Hellblade

I hope they all actually release in 2016. I think a good majority will but I'm concerned ReCore, Dishonored 2, Horizon and Hellblade may not make the cut. However, I guess if just half these games come out that's still a pretty damn good year.

Gamer83

Souldin

stylon wrote:

OK, definitely heading into 'Other gaming' territory now... I haven't even got a clue what that number 1 game is (or 3 or 4 lol). At least Scalebound is number 2

Ah, I'm assuming this was in response to my post. Yeah, I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer, but Microsoft's 2014 E3 conference and the convenient release of a Crystal White Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive led to me purchasing an Xbox One.

As for the games on my list, my number 1 game on the list might be better known as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, with Genei Ibun Roku #FE being what it is now known as. I love turn based RPGs (Child of Light is currently my favourite game of this generation) so I'm really looking forward to a Wii U exclusive one.

The 3rd game on my list is the latest (and apparently last) entry of a fighting game series based off the Naruto manga and anime series. The 4th game is a sequel to a game called Bravely Default, a series that is effectively the spiritual successor to classical Final Fantasy games... despite Final Fantasy still going on as a series.

Utena-mobile wrote:

awwww... I had a big long post with a ton of explanations on why I picked those 5, but I lost my connection. (T-T ) stupid weather. so I guess the short version is:

1) ReCore- because cool main character and cute robot friends
2) Gravity Rush 1/2- because mysterious dreamy-like world, and I find Kat really easy to relate to.
3) Nights of Azure- because I love Revolutionary Girl Utena and this has a lot of Utena-ish elements.
4) Dark Souls 3- I love Dark Souls 1 and 2. So dark, so edgy, look how hardcore I am!!!
5) Mirror's Edge Catalyst- The first was fun and very empowering. Catalyst looks like it's going to be the same only with more action, a deeper story, and you can still beat the game without killing anyone (I'm so sick of killing other people).

There are a ton more but these are my top 5. Honorable mention: Zelda Wii U. But Nintendo has delayed this game so many times I'm starting to lose interest, even though I love (most) Legend of Zelda games.

That's an annoyance I can understand; I had a problem with my internet connection last night as well, buggered up the video I was uploading. I've had to spend most of my day sorting it out and re-uploading.

I'm also interested in the Gravity Rush games (I didn't know the 2nd entry was scheduled for next year though), and I look forward to trying out the series through it's PS4 remastered port. It's going to be a bit of an odd experience going back and forth to my older brother's house just to play on his PS4 (which funny enough, I brought for him as a Birthday present).

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

Xbox Gamertag: Souldin | Twitter:

stylon

@Souldin: Yes it was your post - I guess my gaming is pretty mainstream by comparison these days lol. I'm very interested in Gravity Rush though if that is making its way onto PS4. I know a lot of people raved about it on the Vita and I'd love to see what the fuss was all about!

stylon

MsJubilee

Uncharted 4 it's the main reason i'm buying a PS4.
Hitman
Street Fighter 5
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
HomeFront The Revolution
Cup Head
Ghost Recon Wild Lands(I really hope they don't mess this up.But it's Ubisoft)
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final Whenever that game comes out to the west

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

LuckyPenguin

1.) Forza Horizon 3 - It not announced, but we all know it going to happen If Microsoft keeps with it biyearly release cycle.
2.) Crackdown 3
3.) Everspace
4.) Quantum Break
5.) Train Simulator 2016
6.) Rebel Galaxy

Edited on by LuckyPenguin

LuckyPenguin

Ryno

1) K.I. Season 3
2) ReCore (Though we hardly no squat, the Metroid Prime team behind it has me hyped)
3) Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
4) CupHead
5) TMNT

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Xbox Gamertag: RynoTO

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Aww, no Halo Wars 2 mentions
1. Halo Wars 2 - Halo Wars 1 was a masterpiece in every way, I can't wait to see it on a larger scale!
2. Quantum Break - this looks freakin awesome, every trailer I see is a jaw dropper
3. Far Cry Primal - I'm so stoked for this I'm such a loser
4. Gears 4 - Gears is always fun, but I dunno if this is a day 1 purchase (will be replaced by Forza Horizon 3 if that's announced!)
5. ReCore - will wait to see more before it rises thru the ranks!

If Grave decides it ever wants to release, then that will definitely make the list!

Edited on by A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

TurtleWhacks

As of right now, I am not sure that I have five games that I am anticipating most. That will surely change as more announcements are made, and there are several games to which I am looking forward, yet for which we do not have a solid release date or even window. Or there are games that have been announced, but about which we know very little, if anything.

That said, my most anticipated game right now is easily Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan. The simple fact that it is a new Ninja Turtles game is enough to get me excited, and the fact that it is being developed by Platinum Games only further cements my anticipation for it. I thought the recent trailer looked incredible, and I cannot wait until we learn more about it. I really love that they are using the art style of the current IDW comic series, and the story is being penned by the co-writer of the comics, Tom Waltz.

This may be a bit of a cheat, but I am also looking forward to Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition. I recently beat Ori, and while I certainly enjoyed it, I was rather disappointed that I could not go back and clear the map to 100% after beating it. I would have liked some kind of notification before entering the final area that I was reaching a point of no return, though I still would have missed out on an area that was already blocked off as part of the story progression. I am interested to see what improvements and features they add to the core game, and I really hope the option to go back to the world map after beating the game is one of those new features.

I was initially rather ambivalent towards Quantum Break, and I am admittedly still not entirely sold on the live action portions, but after following Game Informer's recent month of coverage, I am much more excited about the possibilities presented by the branching narrative and time controlling abilities. I have really enjoyed Remedy's past games, so I am sure I will find something to like about their latest.

Finally, as much as I am surprised at myself to admit this, I am actually genuinely looking forward to Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. I have not watched an episode of Naruto since around the time skip, and I stopped reading the manga not long after, so I will have absolutely no idea whatsoever is going on with regard to the characters and plot, but watching Two Best Friends play Naruto: The Broken Bond has really made me nostalgic, and I enjoyed the demo, what little there was to it.

I should probably note that I am fully aware Naruto: The Broken Bond (and its predecessor, Rise of a Ninja, which I thoroughly enjoyed, I might add) and Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 are handled by completely different developers and publishers, so I know it will not necessarily be a similar experience to Rise of a Ninja. However, I really like the over-the-top nature of the boss battles and the overall graphical aesthetic. If nothing else, it should be good for some mindless fun.

TurtleWhacks

VioletTusk

ReCore
Overwatch
Far Cry Primal
TMNT

VioletTusk

Ryno

Ryno wrote:

1) K.I. Season 3
2) ReCore (Though we hardly no squat, the Metroid Prime team behind it has me hyped)
3) Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
4) CupHead
5) TMNT

It's changed:
1) K.I. Season 3
2) TMNT
3) ReCore (Though we hardly no squat, the Metroid Prime team behind it has me hyped)
4) Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
5) CupHead

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Xbox Gamertag: RynoTO

sorethumbed

Very little. Suppose I'll give Fable Legends a crack then see what turns up at the back end. I then intend to spend some time actually finishing some of the games in my library.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.