Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Series X|S Purchase

Posts 241 to 260 of 284

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Let me know how that is, I hear good things about it but I don't know growing up on those movies I am afraid this game will disappoint me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki once I finish Psychonauts 2 it'll be the First thing I fire up. I've heard nothing but great things and that it calls back to the early movies with tons of references and nods. It sounds like they really knew the audience for this and took the time to make it authentic.

NintendoByNature

PartyMarty

Kingdom Come Deliverance - Royale Edition

PartyMarty

Ricky-Spanish

EA fc bought it while the Misses was asleep she wasn't happy when she found out ha

Ricky-Spanish

Tasuki

Picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon from the sale. I have played the original Yakuza series before and enjoyed them, I was kinda of hesitant on this one since they made it more of an RPG. I have been hearing good things about it though, so I figured at the price it is now I might as well. Probably will start it after Mario 3D World.

Also before Yakuza I did pick up Robocop which I will get to at some point.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

MaccaMUFC

Hoping someone can help me out here. Last night I bought the Hitman World of Assassination Upgrade Path for £13.39. I already own Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 Gold but I wanted Hitman 3 and for 1 & 2 to be both running on the Hitman 3 engine. I’ve now got access to the Hitman 3 maps, Freelancer etc but before launching the game it’s still under Hitman 3 but it’s World of Assassination at the menu screen.

IOI have somehow made purchasing the game a bit of a headache again as WoA is supposed to be under one umbrella. I now don’t know if both Hitman 1 & 2 are both running the same graphics as Hitman 3? And I still have the option to buy the WoA base game even though I’ve upgraded to it?

MaccaMUFC

dmcc0

@MaccaMUFC Yeah, I remember buying the Hitman WoA trilogy was a real headache - and I didn't even have any of the previous games! I'm sure while figuring out how/what to buy I read somewhere that free upgrading/importing 1 & 2 may have been a limited time thing, although you can obviously still buy the 1 & 2 content.

I've only played 1 so far, and it was quite a while ago, but if I remember correctly its all accessed via the same launcher, so I'd say if you are accessing via the launcher then it's safe to assume it's in the Hitman3 engine.

edit: looks like it's now even more complicated than it was before! Last year they changed Hitman 3 to World of Assassination and included all the content for 1 & 2 for free to existing Hitman 3 owners, so I'd say your almost certainly playing the updated versions of 1 & 2.

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

MaccaMUFC

@dmcc0 Yeah I think 1 & 2 are running the same as 3. I think that’s been the case since the day Hitman 3 merged into WoA. Also before I purchased the upgrade path to WoA I was able to play both 1 & 2 after getting past the WoA menu screen, it probably helped that I had imported the games when I did. I’m happy I’ve now got everything, barring the deluxe content, for just £13.39.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

@Sakai I’m looking at buying that GameSir G7 SE that you recommended last week. It looks like it’s only available in white? It’s not a problem as I’m not going to let a colour put me off buying a decent controller but I would of preferred it in black.

There’s this website called WhatGeek that I can get it from for £31.67 but it ships from China so it would take awhile to arrive and I’m quite sceptical about buying stuff direct from there. Same with buying from GameSir themselves it’s direct from China but it’s £40.50 and 1 month XGPU.

It’s almost a £20 saving but with Amazon I can get it next day and I know their return and refund policy are great. Where would you buy it from?

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

Sakai

@MaccaMUFC yes the white controller is the SE, you can actually buy faceplate for it to change the colour, but I have not seen them sold on Amazon yet. The faceplate pop off so you could paint it if you are that way inclined.

I purchased the controller from Amazon as I was unsure on import costs etc from China. I felt amazon was just easier. I am pretty sure I got the 1 month free gamepass from amazon aswell.

Enjoy the controller mate. If the 3m cable is too short you can buy a 2m USB extender. But if you go above 5m sometimes the xbox freaks out a little.

XBOX : Mr Syms
PSN : The syms
NINTY : SW-4731-1947-7106
Love games not consoles

MaccaMUFC

@Sakai I just ended up getting it from Amazon for peace of mind, it sounds like it’s well worth £50 anyway. I’ll just keep the faceplate as it is, the controller gets put away once I’m done with it so it’s not like it’s going to look odd alongside my Series X. The 3m cable is long enough as I sit close to the tv but might have to sit a bit further away once my new 65” tv arrives on Monday.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

Weapon_Wheel

Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition and one of the many games originally inspired by it; the remaster of Dead Space (Digital Deluxe Edition).

Oh, and Myst.

Weapon_Wheel

MaccaMUFC

Easy Red 2. I just bought this little gem of a game that just seemingly came out of nowhere. It’s been on Steam since 2020 and ported to Xbox last week but I haven’t seen or heard of it before.

It’s only £7.49 and it doesn’t look or play the best but I’ve not had this much fun since Battlefield: Bad Company. It reminds me of Battlefield 1942 but on a much larger scale, quite atmospheric and tense, it has campaign missions, dlc that add much more to the game with lots more missions, weapons, vehicles etc. If you like WW2 games then you really can’t go wrong with this, especially with it’s low price. Just read some of the reviews on the Xbox Store, it’s mainly full of praise.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

NintendoByNature

Although they're 360 games I just bought Bully Scholarship Edition and GTA IV. I used to love playing bully back when it launched. It's been years since I've touched it. As for gta iv, I'm actually one of the 7 people who never played it. I'll give it a shot at some point.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 awesome stuff! I've played a bit of 5, alot of 3, and a bunch of vice city. Vice city was always my favorite. But again, never played 4 and only a bit of 5.

Bully is great. It's a typical Rockstar game in the setting of a school and you're a punk kid who gets to decide to be a bully, or change your ways. At least that's how I remember it. Tons of little mini stuff to do on the side as well.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition it was a just for you offer of $4. Had to at that price even if the reception is Luke warm

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic