Simple. Don't ship with a disk drive but allow an optional one via usb. Even better if they allow 3rd party support of most bluray players as opposed to an expensive licensed xbox one
I think Helix should ship with no disc drive to keep the costs and repairs low but offer a usb tethered unit to use a dvd/blu ray player if needed as an add on. I also think Kinect 3.0 should be offered as an add on too. Build the base console and for the minority would want the extras provide a path to do so for those people. By the way, to really make a splash, the Helix should be 100% backward compatible for every Xbox game (non Kinect). That would be huge.
Expedition 33 was outstanding and should be game of year but an ridiculous amount of good games came out or are coming out this year. I cannot see anyone top Expedition 33 since it was the total package with story, music, graphics, innovation and uniqueness. The fact that it was done by a smaller team is unbelievable.
Loved it but once I 100% the base game its been hard to come back. I bought the DLC but did not try it. I will wait for the next DLC and do them both. The game sucks you in and I wanted to play some others. I am playing Expedition 33 now and it's awesome
Layoffs like this seem to be rampant right now and it is all not making the news. You hear about this but in my company and people I know are seeing tons of layoffs and not a blip about it anywhere.
I will say I think it is being under reported how many layoffs and hiring freezes are going on. I have been with my company for 24 years and never seen anything like this
Comments 7
Re: 'The Entire Supply Chain Is Collapsing' - Xbox Disc Drive Situation Gets More Awkward
Simple. Don't ship with a disk drive but allow an optional one via usb. Even better if they allow 3rd party support of most bluray players as opposed to an expensive licensed xbox one
Re: Xbox Disc To Digital FAQ - Five Of The Most Common Questions We're Seeing So Far
I think Helix should ship with no disc drive to keep the costs and repairs low but offer a usb tethered unit to use a dvd/blu ray player if needed as an add on. I also think Kinect 3.0 should be offered as an add on too. Build the base console and for the minority would want the extras provide a path to do so for those people. By the way, to really make a splash, the Helix should be 100% backward compatible for every Xbox game (non Kinect). That would be huge.
Re: Roundup: 10 Of The Best Xbox Announcements We Saw At IGN Live 2026
Godzilla is the highlight and they should finally add Kong too.
Re: After Silksong, These Are The Top 10 Highest-Rated Games Of 2025 So Far
Expedition 33 was outstanding and should be game of year but an ridiculous amount of good games came out or are coming out this year. I cannot see anyone top Expedition 33 since it was the total package with story, music, graphics, innovation and uniqueness. The fact that it was done by a smaller team is unbelievable.
Re: Talking Point: After Almost Two Years, How Do You Feel About Xbox's Starfield In 2025?
Loved it but once I 100% the base game its been hard to come back. I bought the DLC but did not try it. I will wait for the next DLC and do them both. The game sucks you in and I wanted to play some others. I am playing Expedition 33 now and it's awesome
Re: Former Xbox Dev Claims Turn 10's Forza Motorsport Team 'Is No More'
Layoffs like this seem to be rampant right now and it is all not making the news. You hear about this but in my company and people I know are seeing tons of layoffs and not a blip about it anywhere.
Re: Just Got Laid Off By AI-Loving Microsoft? Why Not Speak To AI About It, Suggests Xbox Producer
I will say I think it is being under reported how many layoffs and hiring freezes are going on. I have been with my company for 24 years and never seen anything like this