Good news for Chrono Cross fans! An HD remaster of the PS1 RPG classic was announced as part of today's Nintendo Direct, and it's now been confirmed that it'll also be coming to Xbox One — set to release on April 7th.
Various improvements have been made for the remastered version of the game, including the ability to turn off enemy encounters and a newly-enhanced soundtrack. In addition, the 1996 text-based adventure game The Radical Dreamers is included in the package, which was originally released for the Satellaview.
Here's a list of features, courtesy of Square Enix and Gematsu:
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
*The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.
Players will embark on an epic adventure that transcends time and space, with refined illustrations from original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, remastered music from acclaimed composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional features.
Looking forward to revisiting Chrono Cross on Xbox this April? Let us know in the comments below.