Update: We've now got a trailer for the Disney Classic Games Collection (which just mentions Fall 2021 as a release window), and sadly there's no mention of a free upgrade for existing Disney Classic Games owners.
Original story: A few years back, Digital Eclipse released Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King. Now, it appears that the collection is getting a re-release on November 12, with The Jungle Book and the SNES version of Aladdin being added to the selection.
As spotted on the French publisher Just For Games' website, a new collection is said to be arriving this November, delivering both previously mentioned titles.
"You can now play ALL critically acclaimed 16-bit versions of 'Aladdin' as well as classic games based on Disney's 'Jungle Book'! These new, fan-requested and much-loved games complete this collection, making it the only way to discover all the 16-bit versions of Aladdin and The Jungle Book on console."
Here's what's said to be included in the collection:
- Disney’s Aladdin: SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega MegaDrive
- Disney’s Aladdin – Final Cut: Sega Mega Drive
- Disney’s Aladdin – Demo Version: Sega Mega Drive
- Disney’s Aladdin – Japanese Version: Sega Mega Drive
- Disney The Lion King – SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega MegaDrive
- Disney The Lion King – Japanese Version: Sega Mega Drive
- Disney The Jungle Book – SNES, Game Boy, Sega Mega Drive
It's unclear whether owners of the original Disney Classic Games collection will be able to upgrade to the new version for an additional charge, or whether they'll be forced to purchase the entire thing again.
We're still waiting for more details on this, and we imagine it won't be too long until we get new info and a trailer.
Would you like to see another Disney Classic Games title arrive on Xbox? Let us know in the comments below.