Update: The new trailer reveals the game will be launching on June 1 for Xbox One. Not only that, but the game's page listing shows those who pre-order the game will have access to it a day early on May 31. Not bad!
Original story: Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection released on Nintendo Switch earlier this year and was met with high praise from fans. The success seems to have garnered it some attention on other platforms, as Capcom has announced an Xbox One version is coming soon.
The new adventure continues the classic platforming adventure that originated in 1985, with updated visuals, new enemies, skills, and a variety of hardcore difficulty modes to choose from. There's even support for local co-op, so you can bring a buddy along for the adventure.
- A Triumphant Return – Arthur returns for a new action-packed platforming adventure in the iconic Ghosts ‘n Goblins series, which first debuted in arcades in 1985.
- Modernized Storybook Graphics – With charming new graphics reminiscent of vivid storybook illustrations, players can experience a completely reimagined Ghosts ‘n Goblins universe, which strikes the perfect balance between modern and nostalgic.
- New and Returning Enemies – Familiar threats and new terrors await Arthur on his quest to overcome evil. In addition to new foes, players can expect to face off against returning enemies like Zombie, Skeleton Murderer and Woody Pig along with memorable bosses including Cyclops and Shielder.
- New Weapons, Magic, and Skills – The game features tried-and-true Ghosts ‘n Goblins weapons like the Lance and Dagger in addition to all-new weapons such as the Hammer and Spiked Ball. Arthur’s updated arsenal also includes various types of skills and magic, allowing players to conjure up game-changing spells such as Firewall and Thunderstorm.
- Difficulty Modes – Whether a longtime fan or a newcomer, players can decide how perilous Arthur’s journey will be by selecting from one of three difficulty modes: Squire, Knight and Legend. New to the game is the Page mode, which allows untested apprentices to respawn on the spot with unlimited lives.
- Partner Up – With two-player local co-op mode, players can bring a friend or family member on their quest through the Demon Realm. Supporting players can choose between three characters: Barry, who creates barriers for protection; Kerry, who carries Arthur though danger; and Archie, who creates bridges to cross.
Any fans of the classic platforming series will be undoubtedly be eager to pick this up. While we don't have a release date yet, we're hoping it won't be too long considering the trailer says it's coming soon. We'll be sure to update you when we have a confirmed date.
Will you be checking out Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection? Drop us a comment and let us know.