Surprise! A new RPG has been announced for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, as Disciples: Liberation will be launching onto consoles sometime in Q4 2021, making it the first in the Disciples franchise to appear on Xbox.
The game is being developed by Frima Studio, most notably known for indie games such as Carcassonne and Chariot. According to a Steam listing of the game, Disciples: Liberation "is a mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG with turn-based combat", and will be filled with choices, as players assemble a team to liberate the land of Nevendaar.
"- 80-Plus Hour Single-Player Campaign – Experience a sprawling dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings to unlock.
- Explore a War-Torn Realm – Journey through a sprawling world in ruin and work to unearth its endless secrets, hidden treasures, and bloody past.
- Write Your Own Story – Pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to your cause from an assortment of factions.
- Build a Base – Take on quests for precious resources and use your political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary.
- Fight for Your Life – Recruit 50-plus units and amass an army best suited to your play style; hone both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.
- Challenge Deadly Bosses – Test your mettle and pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy.
- Choice is Everything – Let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become.
- Fight Your Friends – Put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes."
While the game's release date may be a while away, the reveal trailer has us intrigued with its dark, moody atmosphere, inviting us into a world we can't wait to hear more about. As soon as more information about Disciples: Liberation has been announced, we'll be sure to keep you updated.
Are you intrigued by Disciples: Liberation? Let us know in the comments below.