The update is out now and is said to improve the game via backwards compatibility on Xbox Series X|S. It relates to both the game's performance and non-performance mode, boosting the graphical fidelity for both options.
"High Level Summary of Features:
- Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)
Xbox Series S:
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Xbox Series X Performance mode:
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
- Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p
Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode):
- Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
- Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p"
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order entered Game Pass back in November with the inclusion of EA Play for Ultimate members. It's great to see the game being supported for next-gen systems, as its ferocious lightsaber combat is always a delight.
Will you be diving into the new next-gen update? Let us know in the comments below.