Forums

Topic: Xbox Games You've Recently Beat

Posts 101 to 120 of 261

LtSarge

Just finished Sea of Solitude. I thought it was a pretty interesting and fun game. Very cool and unique art design, and the story was decent as well. The main issue I had was that I just didn't care about the characters and I honestly feel like it would've been better if the game didn't have voice-overs. Because this game reminds me a lot of titles such as Ico and The Last Guardian and both of those games were great because the story wasn't impacted by voice-overs, not to mention poor voice acting. I feel like a lot of things can easily be expressed through body language and that's where games like Ico succeeded. Further, the gameplay could get a bit stale as well since there wasn't much variety. But other than that, I enjoyed my time with Sea of Solitude. It certainly was an interesting experience.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Man of Medan. I started it half a year ago and played through half of it before stopping because it was so boring. However, I'll admit now, the game does become more interesting and intense during the last couple of hours. But it shouldn't take 2-3 hours for a horror game to get scary, especially when that's around the halfway mark.

Anyway, I thought the scares were really good but I'm disappointed that there weren't any actual monsters, they were just hallucinations due to some gas. Further, I managed to get three out of the five friends to survive, but I genuinely feel like the two deaths were unfair. The first one died because I was searching a giant room and apparently took too long because it triggered a cut-scene and there was no going back after that. There was nothing indicating that I had to rush this section, which is why I found this death unfair. The second one was less unfair and more confusing. It had to do with picking the right dialogue option and it just didn't make sense to me why the ones I picked led to the death of that person.

Finally, I've come to the realisation that I don't really like these choice-based horror games, mostly because you miss out on content because you killed off certain characters. I really want to see everything significant in a game and having to miss out on content because of certain choices is not something I like.

So overall, I thought the game was okay. Definitely one of the weakest horror games I've played simply because it took too long to get to the scary part and that part was way too short. Not to mention the characters were very uninteresting and you didn't care whether they lived or died. But at least the scary part made up for the rest of the game.

LtSarge

JoakimZ

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Finished it in 27 hours with every achievement unlocked. I loved the game! Great gameplay, fun exploration, perfect lenght, and the Souls-like mechanics was a fun surprise for me. Now I feel like replaying the original Dark Souls, I haven’t played it since it came out in 2011.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

LtSarge

Can't believe that I'm actually typing this out, but I just finished Fallout 3! This game has remained unfinished for me ever since 2016. Back then I played through the base game and clocked in at about 50 hours of playtime. However, I decided to not do the final mission of the game because so many people kept mentioning that one should do the DLCs before ending the game since it does not continue right after. That's why I took a long break from the game because I didn't feel like doing the DLCs at the time. But apparently, there's one DLC that actually lets you continue the game and I didn't know about that back then. Yesterday I decided to finally pick the game up and go through the DLCs in terms of release order. I finished the first two and in order to activate the third one, I had to finish the game, which is how I learned that you can keep playing right after the ending.

So yeah, after five years I've finally finished this game! I'm still planning on doing the remaining three DLCs before finally moving on from it. It's still crazy to me that I'm actually done with the main story though. This game is truly phenomenal and so impactful for its time. Definitely one of the most influential Western RPGs of all time and I'm so glad that I've played through it now, even though I played most of it five years ago lol. Better late than never!

LtSarge

VOODOO85

Fable 2:

So i am a member of TrueAchievements and they're currently running an event that encourages people to earn points by going back and playing some older games that they haven't played for a long time. One of the games i opted to play was Fable 2 and i ended up getting right back into it.

I started a brand new character and had around 20 of the achievements unlocked (out of 50). Now i've 1000G the game and had a lot of fun doing so. Got me even more hyped for the new Fable reboot too

VOODOO85

JoakimZ

Blasphemous.

Another Souls-like, but this time in the form of a Metroidvania. Very unique design, and very atmospheric, and a good challange. I can really recommend this game if you are a fan of the genre.
It had a few annoying glitches though. For example, it happened three times when I was hit by a projectile while in the middle of a jump that the character couldn’t move when I landed on the ground, which resulted in me having to restart the game.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

LtSarge

So not really a game, but I just finished the last piece of DLC for Fallout 3 and have thus completed all five DLC packs. It took me about 3 hours to finish each one (total of 15 hours) and overall, I think the DLC for this game is quite good. Operation Anchorage was a nice change of pace as it made the game feel like a standard first-person shooter. The Pitt was probably the one I enjoyed the least because it didn't really feel that different from the main game. Not to mention the objectives were lame, like the one where you have to collect steel ingots. Broken Steel was easily my favourite one because you get to fight alongside Liberty Prime again in the first mission, then you get an awesome Tesla weapon and finally you get to call in an orbital strike to finish off the enemies in the last mission, which was amazing. Point Lookout was pretty good overall with a unique environment but it didn't feel that memorable in all honesty. And finally, Mothership Zeta was really cool but it just felt like a generic corridor shooter. At this point I had also reached max level and the lack of progression made the game feel boring.

Overall it took me 70 hours in total to finish Fallout 3 plus its five DLC packs and I think that's a pretty good length for a Bethesda game. Still can't believe that I'm finally done with this game now after five years. Definitely looking forward to starting up another Bethesda game (probably Oblivion just to switch things up) but that will have to wait until a later point.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished The Walking Dead: Michonne. It was definitely a different experience compared to the mainline Walking Dead games with Clementine but overall I thought it was a great game. I've actually watched a good amount of the AMC TV show so I know Michonne from there, which made me care more about her in this game despite it being a one-off. It gave us a good glimpse of her backstory before the zombie apocalypse as well as what she were up to during the time away from the main group and I really liked that. I also liked the psychological aspect of the game, it made it feel like a horror title at times with some minor jump scares here and there. And once again, it's great to see so much action in these newer Telltale games compared to the older ones. That's one of the reasons why I really liked The New Frontier too.

All in all, great game and an easy as well as quick 1000 G.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished The Medium on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Phenomenal game! I'm glad I got to experience it through the cloud even though I don't own a Series X. And as the first game I've played through on Cloud Gaming, the experience overall was surprisingly good. The game does stutter every 5-10 minutes but otherwise it ran very smoothly and the controls were responsive.

As for the game, I think this is the best game Bloober Team has made so far. I've played Layers of Fear, Blair Witch and Observer and it's just so nice to see how far they've come with their games. The Medium delivered a more cinematic experience compared to the previous titles where the story-telling was mostly expressed through voice acting, i.e. not many cut-scenes. Another thing that The Medium did very well at was telling an interesting story with memorable characters. I honestly don't remember any of the characters from the previous three games, but with The Medium I remember everyone very well. I also really liked that the developer wasn't afraid to tell a more dark story without making things explicit about what the characters are talking about.

Moreover, the variety in environments was nice to see and it feels like you're never at one place for far too long. It feels like you're constantly progressing and that was nice. One more thing that this game did very well that the previous ones didn't focus too much on is puzzle-solving. It honestly felt like I was playing a Resident Evil/Silent Hill game, having to explore an area and find the right items before being able to progress. I can definitely see now why Konami would be interested in letting Bloober make a Silent Hill game. I personally think they would do a very good job at it based on The Medium's story-telling and puzzle-solving gameplay. Not to mention unique ideas like being able to explore two worlds at the same time, which was really cool!

The only minor gripe I had with The Medium is that it never got too crazy with its story-telling. Bloober's games are known for messing with your mind and the psychological aspect was fairly minimal in The Medium. Maybe it wasn't fitting for a game like this, but I'm hoping if they ever make a sequel that they'll go a bit all out and just mess with your mind. I truly love those parts in Bloober's games.

One final thing I want to say is that I really hope Microsoft acquires Bloober Team eventually. The reason being that this studio really needs a larger budget because they are so creative and bursting with ideas but it feels like they're constantly being restricted by resources. When watching the credits, you realise that they had a lot of external help and even funding from EU. I just want to see what they're able to truly craft if they aren't restricted by a budget. There was even an article a couple of days ago about how Double Fine could make Psychonauts 2 an even bigger game thanks to Microsoft acquiring them and giving them more resources. That's what I want to see happen with Bloober Team as well, so hopefully something is brewing behind the scenes between them and Microsoft.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Mafia: Definitive Edition. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through this game and I'm so glad that I waited to play the remake. I was actually playing through the first game on the original Xbox last year right when they announced the remake. The game was absolutely atrocious on the original Xbox because of horrible controls, frustrating missions and most of all, realistic elements such as being forced to drive carefully, not hitting anything at all or the police will go after you, and always stopping at a red light. It just made the game an overall unrewarding experience. However, the remake fixes all these issues and I enjoyed it a lot more than I did with what little I played of the original.

What I really liked about the game is that it's an open world game that doesn't have much side content and focuses more on telling a good story. There aren't a lot of games like that because it is considered that open worlds should be filled to the brim with content. But honestly, I think experiencing games like Mafia is a refreshing change of pace which is most welcoming in this day and age of open world titles with dozens of hours of content.

The story was top-notch and while I'm not really a huge fan of gangster stories, I really enjoyed this one. The protagonist was great, you can feel that he hasn't truly crossed over to being a gangster and still has a moral compass. Moreover, the other characters around him were memorable and likeable. The ending actually made me feel quite sad, so that just goes to show how invested I was in the story.

Another reason for why I liked this game is the time period. I just don't think there are a lot of games set during the 1930s-1940s United States and it's always interesting exploring that period of our history. I actually have another game, L.A. Noire, that's set around the same time so I'm definitely looking forward to giving that game a go. I just love historical settings in general and this one was no different.

Overall, this was a phenomenal game and I can't wait to eventually play the sequels!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Balta666

@LtSarge if they kept IP in the remake give it a go on free ride extreme (I believe it is that the way it is called) where you can run free on the city (no cops) and there are 20 or so clowns (if I remember correctly) with weird and hard challenges that each give you a special car. These can be from driving a few F1 Cars within a time limit, drive a truck above a certain speed or it will explode, etc.. and it is really good.

LtSarge

Just finished Omno on Xbox One and it was pretty good! Albeit a bit formulaic, you're basically just going from one area to another and collecting a bunch of orbs in order to open up the path to the next area where you do the same thing. But it was a fun and magical experience and the game had quite a few interesting gameplay mechanics that I really enjoyed. All in all, this is a game you should definitely experience if you have Game Pass.

I also managed to get 800 G from playing through it once and I think it's a very good amount. I'm not going to bother going back and getting the last achievements though, I'm happy with all the ones I got. But yeah, I feel like this is a fairly easy game to get 1000 G in.

LtSarge

Judas

Just finished a run through of Mass Effect 1 in the Legendary Edition. I'm amazed at how much I had forgotten since playing it back in the day!

Shut the f**k up Donny!

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Grim

K1LLEGAL

@LtSarge congrats. It was pretty easy to get 1000gs in Omno since it tells you your % before leaving an area. So you can always check before you miss something. However there is one creature that is between areas and therefore can be missed. Luckily it pops up again right at the end of the game so you get a second chance (which stopped me from missing out on the 1000gs).

I just completed The Medium having chipped away at it since January. It was… ok. I hated the slow movement and I really dislike areas in games which don’t make sense (E.g. dream worlds etc). Also (my fault) but playing it in little bits really hurt my understanding of what was going on. So best played over a weekend I would say! I didn’t use a guide and missed 2 collectibles meaning I ended up with 920gs which i’m happy to leave and move on with. Clocked 8hrs 47mins but not sure how accurate that is as usual.

August Completions:
1) A Plague Tale
2) Omno
3) Raji
4) Last Stop
5) Halo 5
6) The Medium

Edited on by K1LLEGAL

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

LtSarge

@K1LLEGAL I managed to get all the achievements for getting 100% in each area. Literally the only achievements I missed out on were related to interacting with the creatures in some way. I honestly can't be bothered with that stuff. I've realised that the time I spend on getting all the achievements/trophies in a game could be time that I can use towards playing more games instead. That in turn means that I can finish more games instead of getting hung up on a couple of achievements that don't really matter to me.

Congrats on finishing The Medium! I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago on Cloud Gaming and I absolutely loved it. I feel like people who play this game either love it or hate it, so it's definitely a very mixed experience. But yeah, you probably would've enjoyed the story more if you played it over a couple of days or so. The story is honestly right on the point of being interesting but if you start forgetting the characters or the plot then you will find it less enjoyable.

Seems like you've completed a lot of games this month! I saw on the Xbox achievement leaderboard that you've already gained over 5000 G this month, which is really good! This month in particular seems to get a lot of great games with easy achievements. Hopefully Twelve Minutes and Psychonauts 2 will also have a decent achievement list.

LtSarge

K1LLEGAL

@LtSarge yea it’s all these short games! 1000 each from Omno, Raji and last stop! Been a good month for completions so far. But yea thats why I didn’t want to sit there with a guide going through The Medium because it ruins the whole thing. I liked Last Stop where you get most through normal play and then could chapter select back to one if you missed it.

So excited for 12 Minutes that will be my next project I think.

Bmartin001

Just beat Tomb Raider DE, Awesome game, I plan on playing Rise pretty soon.

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

LtSarge

@Bmartin001 I enjoyed the heck out of Tomb Raider DE. It was my first TR game and going into it, all I knew was that it's reminiscent of the Uncharted series. But in all honesty, I like Tomb Raider much more than Uncharted since there's more variety to the gameplay. It feels like an actual game, you know? Anyway, hope you'll enjoy Rise as well, it's another stellar TR game!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Twelve Minutes on Xbox One after about 4-5 hours of playtime (and I played through the entire game today, lol). Great game! I personally don't like the theme of time loops in any form of media, but I think this game did it pretty well. There were times in the beginning when I just wanted to give up because you try so many different things and there's no progression at all. But after a while, I managed to find my way to the next part of the story.

I think I'm slowly starting to enjoy point-and-click adventures since these games respect your intelligence and let you figure things out on your own. It's such a great feeling once you figure out what you need to do and I think this game wasn't that difficult overall. It did get a bit challenging towards the end as I needed to use a guide because I would've never figured out that that was the answer. But yeah, this is definitely a game worth checking out even if you don't like point-and-click games. The twist at the end was absolutely mind-blowing too, you never see it coming.

In terms of achievements, most of them are tied to doing random things and I don't like that. However, I managed to get 320 G at the very least and I'm happy with that.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

K1LLEGAL

@LtSarge wow well done with Twelve Minutes buddy! I have put 3 hours in so far but feel like I didn’t make the best progress so will keep going at it. It’s a very unique game and that is what I like so much about it. It’s satisfying when you make progress.

I had a productive weekend with completions. Completed Carrion on gamepass which was a fantastic (and short) experience and just plain fun all the way through. Took me 4-5 hours and would highly recommend. I also completed Katamari Damacy Reroll. I have always loved these games and I bought this before it hit gamepass which is fine as i’m happy to support it on Xbox. Its just fun and arcadey, nothing mindblowing. But I enjoy them for what they are. Finally I finished off Uncharted 2 Remastered which I had left about 2/3rds through for just over a year. It was okay and I enjoyed the gunplay. I just don’t like these tomb raider style platforming and tomb raiding style of gameplay that much (same can be said for something like Jedi Fallen Order). Still it was solid and glad to have finished it off. Much better than the first game for sure!

Edited on by K1LLEGAL

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic