Forums

Topic: The Forza Horizon and Motorsport Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 185

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Good. I asked because I bought the ultimate bundle but not the game itself and, of course, I wanted to buy if it was going to leave the store like 3. It's great news that a new kind of deal was agreed for the series!

Banjo-

KilloWertz

I could be wrong, but wasn't the reason previous Forza games got delisted because of music rights?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Tasuki

@KilloWertz I think it's due to the car licensing. For example FH has Volkswagen in it but at some point the agreement ended which is why there are no Volkswagen cars in any other FH games.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So after reading comments in the article about Forza Horizon not being delisted it seems that Forza Horizon 5 isn't that good compared to other entries?? I have really only played 3, which I really enjoyed and 1 which am I enjoying too but now I am kinda wondering where they went wrong with 5.

My Backlog

LtSarge

Just finished the 10th anniversary story events in Forza Horizon 5 and it was bloody fantastic! Great celebration of 10 years of Horizon. I felt so nostalgic driving in the yellow Dodge Viper from Horizon 1 against Darius Flynt while listening to Avicii - Levels. So cool that you can add the songs to the radio channels afterwards. Not to mention all the references they made throughout the races, even to past DLCs like the Lego one from Horizon 4.

Forza Horizon is genuinely the best racing series ever.

LtSarge

LtSarge

So I started playing the first Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox today (because I'm running out of Forza titles to play lol) and I'm genuinely impressed at how well the game has aged. For a 2005 game, it feels amazing to play. The controls feel great, the CPU opponents aren't too challenging, the game is very user-friendly and the progression system is great. I absolutely love it.

Forza has to honestly be the most consistently good racing franchise ever. All the games are at the very least good. I'm super stoked now to play the next Motorsport.

LtSarge

jdv95

@LtSarge 2005? Wow long running series that one.

I realy need to check out horizon. But i think i will the horizon format more than motorsport because i suck at driving sims LOL.

So forza will no longer be removed from gamepass? Sorry i´m new to the xbox ecosystem.

jdv95

Lavalera

@jdv95 Not any time soon it will. The thing with racing games is, they usually agree on licensing rights for a certain period of time. If the time is up, the game will not be sold anymore and will be removed from gamepass as well. it happened with Forza Motorsports 7 last year. Horizon 4 will probably be here for a few more years and 5 released little over a year ago, so that one should be fine for several more years.

Also welcome to people in multiple ecosystems club

PSNid: Lavalera

LtSarge

@jdv95 Yeah I got into Forza through Forza Horizon 1 on the 360 back in 2014. Fantastic game! It's also backwards compatible on Series X but you can't buy it digitally so you'll have to get a used physical copy.

Speaking of which, if you want to play the Forza games it'd be best to look for used copies since most of them aren't on Game Pass or even available to purchase digitally. All Horizon games are playable on Series X, while only Motorsport 5-7 are available on Series X.

LtSarge

Tasuki

@jdv95 https://www.purexbox.com/news/2022/09/forza-dev-confirms-hori...

It seems Horizon 4 and 5 won't be going anywhere. As for Forza Horizon 1, 2, and 3 you will have to find physical copies of them, I was lucky to find a copy of Forza Horizon 2 at a used game store about a year ago. Sadly though you won't be able to get the DLC anymore.

Forza Horizon is a more Arcade racer then Sim like Motorsport. To me it feels more like an open world driving RPG. The Horizon series is one of my favorite game to just sit and chill with. Definitely one of my favorite Xbox exclusives.

My Backlog

jdv95

Tnx for the info guys!

jdv95

themcnoisy

@jdv95 Forza 4 has been one of my main games for the last 3 months. So good blasting around the UK. You don't need to be good, do what you want. Horizon can be intimidating initially, especially with all the icons of FH5 and 6 pages of menus and stuff to do. I found FH4 to be better at warming you up gradually. Maybe hop into that one. The game is complete with no stuff being added so take your time and enjoy the drive.

The said the last 3 drifts I have to finish to complete all the PR challenges (speed camera, speed zone, jumps, drifts) are more difficult than finishing the contra collection last week (mega hard). 😅 3 bends to make 90,000 drift points, developers go f yourself.

@Tasuki reply to the where they went wrong with FH5 comment.

FH5 is great. But for a gamer, everything is unlocked almost as you start. It doesn't lead you in and introduce elements like FH4. For some that's a bonus. For me I had icons all over the place and didn't appreciate the big races as they were so soon. Its an amazing game but is gamified with the various outposts and not enough real world elements, like settlements or towns. The mountain sounds great in a boardroom, but I hated it when the next mission or destination was on top of or around that monster. FH4 has that right, with a smaller hill - still an inconvenience at times, but easier to mitigate.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

stefan771

Is there any way of buying the delisted games digitally?

stefan771

GarbonZoni

@stefan771 CD keys has forza horizon for 9.99
Sorry, it doesn't. Not in stock. There are some out there but the prices are ridiculous

Edited on by GarbonZoni

Xbox: Garbonzoni

Tasuki

stefan771 wrote:

Is there any way of buying the delisted games digitally?

The only way is if you can find a code for it. I was able to buy Soul Calibur II HD by purchasing a code from Dell. Other then that the only thing you can do is purchase a physical copy of the game from somewhere like Gamestop. I was able to get Forza Horizon 2 that way, unfortunately I can't get the DLC.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

BAMozzy

On Xbox Series X....

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

Lupaie79

Sorry for bringing this up. Building up dirt and scratches is great during the races but then, just when I grew attached to them, they vanish like snow in the summer. Starting a new race shiny as new.

Can we agree and leave the dust and the scratches as they are. They are like scars and part of my story. And then, when a new season in life starts, and we really want to get rid of them, just include a PowerWasher Sim inside Forza. Just washing those cars manually even makes it better. Hell! Powerwasher x Forza would be a match made in heaven.

What do you think?

Lupaie79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic