Forums

Topic: Need advice regarding XBOX 360 Hard drive and save data?

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Willax

So here's the story; my family gets one of the original XBOX 360 Models from a friend. For some reason, they almost never connected it to the internet (The original models of XBOX 360 didn't have wireless built in, you see), but it wasn't even actually my system, even though i wound up buying most of the games for it, so i couldn't complain. OK, We hooked it up to the internet ONCE so that we could download DLC for one of the games i got and loved on the system, but i think you get where i'm coming from here.
So the day comes when it red rings. Oh well, sad, but it's not like every one of my most important games ever was on it anyway.
But i've been having a hankering of nostalgia for the XBOX 360 As of late. and this model from the looks of things DID come with a detachable hard drive...
So i want the opinion of others more experienced in the topic; Should i bother getting another XBOX 360? Should i try getting another one of the original models design flaws and all so i can use the hard drive? Should i just move on and get another 360 that's not so prone to just giving up one day, losing all my save data on the games I had on there in the process? Or is there a way to take the hard drive off that model one XBOX360 and get the save data to one of the newer models of XBOX 360 despite those models not having any discernible places to click the hard drives of the original model into that i don't know about?
Please help me if you can.

Willax

Shigurui

@Willax If you can live without the stuff on that drive, I'd go for replacing it with a 360S or 360E model. If you really want that stuff then I'd still buy either of those I mentioned and also buy an older model then move the drive contents over using a 360 transfer cable.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

LtSarge

I still use my Xbox 360 Slim till this day, mostly because of the same reason as you, i.e. nostalgia, but also because there are still a lot of games only it can play compared to Xbox One/Series X. For instance, there are many more original Xbox titles you can play on it and obviously you can play all Xbox 360 games, including the digital titles, which you can't on Xbox One/Series X. So it's definitely worth it for that, but I'd suggest getting a 360 Slim in that case. I don't have any experience with the E model since it launched late in the console's life cycle. It's probably much harder to find than Slim so your best bet is probably a Slim.

Speaking of which, last year I was actually in a mood to play lots of old 360 titles that I missed out on, so I probably bought maybe 20-30 games and it's so worth it. There are so many hidden gems on 360 that are incredibly cheap in terms of physical copies. I still have lots of games I want to get, but I'm trying to focus on completing the games I have right now.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Gamer83

I'd try to find one of the first Xbox 360s models with a 'gloss' finish. I had one that came with a 250GB harddrive, best model of the console I owned. Bought a transfer cable which moved 95%, probably more, of what was on the original 360 I had from 2005. It's definitely worth it just for the wifi.

Gamer83

Shigurui

@LtSarge Oof, too shiny. I've got the 500gb matte version of that. Much easier on the eyes, and isn't a dust/scratch magnet.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

PhhhCough

You should find out if your library is backwards compatible. If so, I'd go with a newer console(xbo, xbo s, xbo x, series x|s). Enjoy the older games and check out the faves you might've missed in the One era.

PhhhCough

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.