Forums

Topic: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition

Posts 41 to 60 of 85

Vincent294
Sony_70

http://playxbla.com/minecraftretail/

Game s coming to retail for apirl 30th for $20

I heard it was delayed to June to include some bug fixes. Currently, some people can't use their save data, there are a pretty large amount of redstone glitches, & mobs are phasing through walls (a creeper escaped from my XP Farm like that & killed me). Seems like the right thing, after Skyrim on the PS3. Hopefully TU10 (and TU11 may come out before the retail game) will fix most of these issues.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Pixelrobin

I am starting to work on a minecart-powered 360º Fire charge machine gun. It uses the 1.5 update though unless you have the detector rails. I'll post a youtube video when im done.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

SuperKMx
VincentV
Sony_70

http://playxbla.com/minecraftretail/

Game s coming to retail for apirl 30th for $20

I heard it was delayed to June to include some bug fixes.

Yeah, definitely delayed until June.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo
VincentV

Not sure if it's a good idea to post all the photos of my skyscraper on the site (I also took some photos of surrounding structures as well), so I might post a link or something.
Edit: Here's 4 select photos:
View of Spawn Point Beach, the Plateau, West Tree Network, & Twin Towers from the Viewing Area on the Tree Network
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wt0s … 06_MPO.JPG
Main Base
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1gOD … 93_MPO.JPG
View of Plateau / Twin Tower - Main Base Railroad
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GFS1 … 95_MPO.JPG
Storage Room @ Main Base
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ovhz … 96_MPO.JPG

man that's nice, all i built was a crappy little castle

minecraft+castle.jpg

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Vincent294
Majin-Naruto
VincentV

Not sure if it's a good idea to post all the photos of my skyscraper on the site (I also took some photos of surrounding structures as well), so I might post a link or something.
Edit: Here's 4 select photos:
View of Spawn Point Beach, the Plateau, West Tree Network, & Twin Towers from the Viewing Area on the Tree Network
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wt0s … 06_MPO.JPG
Main Base
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1gOD … 93_MPO.JPG
View of Plateau / Twin Tower - Main Base Railroad
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GFS1 … 95_MPO.JPG
Storage Room @ Main Base
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ovhz … 96_MPO.JPG

man that's nice, all i built was a crappy little castle

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4Sg9 … castle.jpg

It says the photo you used is from Google. That's what I use too. On your account, you can make a copy of your photo that's smaller. That way it takes up less room. It currently fills my entire monitor, so using smaller photos would be a good idea.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Watch SethBling & Etho play each other in SethBling's new game Death Swap. The objective is to swap worlds as you gear up and try to put your opponent in a lethal position you can survive. It was fun to watch. Too bad it's impossible on the Xbox though. I like making games like that.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

I am starting a new map! It will be survival multiplayer minigame where the objective is to get to the middle while avoiding tons of traps. My 360º Fireball machine gun will be in the center of the map to add a little extra challenge.

Vincent294

I'm working on renovating my Twin Towers & plan to level most of the structures on my plateau to make way for a city which will contain most of stuff previously there. The rest will be relocated elsewhere if I do go ahead w/ that plan. Any ideas on what could make a cool city besides roads, a complex railway, etc.?

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

A sewer system?

Vincent294
bluerobin2

A sewer system?

I've been considering an underground portion. I just finished renovating the building last night, so all that's left is the surrounding landscape. Then, I'll try making a cow farm & work on my multiplayer map in creative mode. After that, I'll commence work on my city. Nice idea. I could stick a sewer in the middle of the underground roads w/ manholes.

Vincent294

Vincent294

In my free-for-all world, I built a redstone clock on minimal delay (turned off by a lever) hooked up to dispensers w/ spawn eggs for blazes, ghasts, cave spiders, endermen, & creepers in Griefer Village (a modified village full of griefing stuff). When I turned the clock back on, the ghasts blew up some of my TNT buildings added & set off the cross made of TNT in the village's church, which I named St. Griefer's. That was fun to watch. It also made it nearly impossible to live, living up to it's other title I gave it, hell. Then I modified my TNT room. It used to have no signs & a button at the end of a hall w/ glass on one side which would show the primed TNT that would be set off when you press the button. I added several exclamation marks in rotated positions & made the futuristic-looking building look abandoned w/ vines, etc. Then I added signs labeled w/ backwards messages or messages translated into Spanish. A few were correct, w/ things like Friday the 13th & 666 on them to foreshadow the room's purpose. I wrote reverse (full of spaces & punctuation marks) on some, & hid a sign telling you to read things backwards or translate from Spanish to hint at what I meant. Overall a cool riddle. Last, I added a similar contraption to the 1st, but activated by a pressure plate. After falling down a pit (w/ a water brake), you land on it & a sign says "Mmmm...brains. Oh, hey Steve" & it spawns tons of zombies. There's also burning Netherrack under a cauldron labeled Steve Stew so it looks like you're supposed to cook in it. It's a funny trap for anyone who falls in. With a combination of diamond & iron tier tools & armor, I died.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Nice idea, But the numbers will ofend some. I would reccomend you to remove them.

Vincent294
bluerobin2

Nice idea, But the numbers will ofend some. I would reccomend you to remove them.

I never thought of that. Still, I put el diablo (Spanish for the devil) on a sign as another omen. One sign said that ancients (made up to add to the abandoned feel) called Herobrine "el diablo" & he made the place evil. So for the most part, if that offends some, the rest of the room might too.
Edit: Whew. It took long enough, but I finally added a written tutorial of my new stone generator to make up for lack of a blueprint. After spending a long time refining it, I think it should be easy enough to follow if you have a basic understanding of redstone & how it connects. Can someone try building one in creative mode & see how good the directions are once I post a screenshot or 2 to refer to?
2nd Edit: Screenshots are up.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

I had a good time in Minecraft today. I worked on my XP Farm & made it 100 % accurate at keeping the mobs alive, keeping them within 1 hit of death (minus zombies, who have armor points), & sorting + killing spiders. I also made it look a lot nicer as well as expanding the spawning chamber by 50 %. It got off to a slow start at first, but now it's a lot faster at spawning mobs. Last, it had a laughable resemblance to something perhaps better left unmentioned that was fixed in the new design. I also rebuilt my TNT cannon out of stone bricks for better appearance, & made some tweaks to my skyscraper (as well as keeping the twin towers up to date with them for once). After this I've been considering upgrading my mob spawner for the XP Farm to active mob displacement, & making my automatic farms even easier to use (by using pressure plates to activate them like Etho). Last, I'll get started on my city. I've prototyped roads for it in creative mode, & might make an underground section / subway / underground EATS Road similar to what bluerobin2 suggested.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

I'm making the final touches to my redstone signal multiplier in creative mode. All I have to do is see if I can omit the monostable & still have dispensers work. This will ensure you absorb water in the mob spawner & allow mobs to spawn again after flushing them out. It also covers the button until the signal has been repeated so you can't get it off track. That should make it super effective at XP Farming. Then, I'll wire it up to the dispensers & design the casing for it. After that & a couple tasks (mostly to the tree network), I'll commence work on my city. What interesting projects have you ever considered?

Vincent294

Vincent294

Brilliance! What if you could tame spiders like horses? Picture this: feed it rotten flesh in the day when they're docile, and they would act just like a wolf. You could ride it like a spider jockey w/ a saddle & infiltrate castles by scaling the walls too. That would make them so awesome in wars. Spider jockeys would then have saddles too & drop them after death, making them renewable & adding incentives to explore to find spider spawners in dungeons. What do you think?

Vincent294

Vincent294

A new update for Minecraft on X360 is out. The Wiki said it's 1.4 bug-fixed for PC, but I think they mixed PC's 1.4 up w/ Xbox's 1.4 because there isn't anything new. Anyways, I finished my new mob spawner upgrade. The old redstone chunk glitch is back, & it was breaking my design from creative mode since my survival world's mob spawner is built over a chunk boundary. I came up w/ a new design & that took a while, but it's finished now. After a couple small changes, I'll prepare to build my city. I'll post some photos when I'm done. I'm debating on building an underground portion, but I might. Just not much to do. I might look into subway stations between landmark locations w/ EATS Roads across my world instead.
Edit: Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing notable amounts of lag in the Nether after the newest update?

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

I finished some new boat docks & redesigned my fishing dock out on my beach. It made some room, so I might make another fake palm tree that I use on beaches when I terraform. After I do that & redesign my welcome sign + pool, I'll probably post a couple pictures. Then I'll prepare to build my city, assuming I don't find something else to fix before the big project.
Edit: Anyone seen Minecraft UHC on YouTube? You go out in the wild (generally in teams) & try to gear up to defeat the enderdragon. It can also be done differently. I might try making a new PvP map since my current one is outdated. Probably after my city is done.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

My new city is finished. I decided to call it Lapis City, after the ore, dye, & block in the game, Lapis Lazuli. It looks great. There's one more block to occupy (I plan a replica to the Great Fairy's Fountain from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time + sprites of Link & Mario), but other than that, it's finished. I could also do an underground section, but for now, I'm skipping it. It would be so fun to have a fight in it & quit without saving afterwards. You can do parkoar on the rooftops & everything. What do you think?
View from the Viewing Area:
View from the Viewing Area
View on Main Street:
View on Main Street
Also, here's a picture of the new docks on the beach:
View of Boat Docks
Edit: I think maybe I didn't get enough of the streets shown. Here's a view of Creeper Avenue. The roads I made were inspired by the ones on the Mindcrack server. It's fun to watch the fights on there in UHC.
Creeper Avenue

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.