Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 381 to 400 of 3,363

LtSarge

@Beagle Yeah that was my issue with the first mission, i.e. that I wanted to take out as many guards as I could in order to make it easier to explore my surroundings for secrets. But once I stopped thinking like that and simply used Blink in order to teleport past the guards and just focused on accomplishing my objectives, then the game became way more fun and enjoyable for me. I just don't find the sword fighting that great when there are 10 enemies attacking you all at once. So I'm just going to stick with my sleep darts, Blink and Dark Vision abilities and using chokeholds in order to play as stealthily as possible. It worked out great in the second mission after all!

@KilloWertz Don't worry, I got that one.

@dmcc0 I'm glad that I'm not alone regarding the combat. I feel like stealth definitely makes the game more enjoyable.

One thing I've realised is that completing certain side missions seem to unlock new side missions in the next level. Not going to spoil anything in detail, but there's one side mission in the first level that if you complete, will unlock another side mission in the next level which will help you complete your main objective much more easily. So it definitely feels rewarding to do as many of the optional stuff as you can.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@KilloWertz 😂 would you like to be removed from the tag list? I will grant your freedom for a small price

See ya!

dmcc0

@LtSarge Oddly, I wasn't really planning on doing the side missions, but kind of accidentally did them on that first level I figured taking the long route around the first light wall would be more stealthy that just rocking up and switching it off, and just happened upon Granny Rags, so did those. I wasn't paying attention to my objectives at the second wall and thought the directional arrow was pointing to the alternative route around it, so I followed that and ended up doing the Distillery side mission. Ooops!

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 Haha nice, that was really lucky then! Well at least now you have another option in the next level for how you want to accomplish your objective.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@ralphdibny No, never. You can take my freedom, but you can never take my money! Wait, that's not how that goes at all...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

I’m downloading onto my laptop just now! This’ll be attempt number 1 million (roughly).

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Krzzystuff

they just announced the FPS boost up to 6O on console, @ltsarge let me know if you notice a big difference as I haven't started it yet so I won't be able to look at the before and after.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff I think Death of the Outsider was added today and the first game got 60 fps a while ago based on a comment I read. Not that it matters because I'm playing the game on PS4 and I don't have a Series X either.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Escaped the sewers without even being spotted only for the game to say that I’d apparently killed someone. I have no clue how that happened. Reloaded and I’m playing the whole first level again.

LtSarge

@nessisonett I wonder if you leave people unconscious on the ground and rats eating them count as a kill. Maybe that's why the game said you killed someone. I never even thought of that until now.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I actually think that it was due to when you explode the wall in the prison. I knocked out the guard and I wonder if the explosion accidentally killed him.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Ah, that could be the reason. Are you going for a 100% non-lethal run btw? Keep in mind that in order to complete the objective in the second level in a non-lethal way, you'll need to do certain side missions in the first level that will unlock side missions in the second level. This in turn will grant you an option to accomplish your objective without any killing involved.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Yeah I’m going for non-lethal the whole way. I do remember something to that effect though with things carrying between levels.

LtSarge

So I just finished the third mission and one thing I'm really liking with this game is the fact that you always do meaningful things in your missions. No mission feels like filler content, each one is significant to the story. Even the game brings this up by reminding you of what you've accomplished so far. It's really cool, I can't remember the last game I've played that only had meaningful content. Well at least from what I've played so far! Hopefully the rest of the game is like this as well.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

Almost done Battlefield 1 and then I'm onto Dishonoured. It's currently 52% installed. Can't wait to play it, sounds pretty good

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

Just finished Alan wake and both it's DLCs, good game!

The Signal DLC ramped the difficulty up a bit! Thankfully it evened out by the second DLC The Writer. I think I preferred the second one anyway, bit more barmy than the first. Reminded me a bit of Alice Madness Returns. There was one section of the DLC where you ascend a lighthouse near the end which really reminded me of a bit in the final Dark Tower book by Stephen King.

I also liked they reused the end credits for the game after each DLC which means I got to hear Space Oddity by David Bowie 3 times today! Easily the best song in the game

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Nice one mate, glad that you enjoyed it! I also thought the second DLC was the best one out of the two. I really loved the section before the lighthouse where you have to shine your torch at the rocks in order for the light from the lighthouse to reach the Taken. And yeah, the game had an amazing soundtrack. I still listen to some of the songs even now after having finished the game weeks ago.

Are you going to go through American Nightmare next?

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge cheers matey. That bit was crazy actually, you don't realise all the baddies are there until the light simultaneously reveals them and kills them! I'm not sure if I prefer the manuscripts creating words to use as items/events over them just unlocking text with voice over. The first one is like a good use of it in terms of game play but the latter is just enjoyable to listen to

I will do American Nightmare soon-ish, maybe tomorrow maybe not. I've got about 20 days to tick off as many PS Plus games as I can before my sub runs out. I want to focus on PS3 and Vita titles though so I can buy any keepers in case the store shuts down during my next sub period (only going to sub again if it's like £30 on sale). Having said that, I am keen to finish off the remedy-verse before then as well because Control on ps plus was the ultimate edition that includes the Alan wake DLC. Obviously that means I'll have to play it on base PS4 with all the performance issues instead of the One X which I'm sure will be a bit better at least 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Ah it sounds like this is going to be a busy month for you then! I think it's a good idea though to go through your PS+ backlog. Once Sony sees that nobody is buying from the PS3/Vita stores then they're definitely going to shut them down for good this time. Might as well finish up as many as you can now.

I just finished the fourth mission in Dishonored and man this one was just all over the place. The level started out pretty straightforward but once you got to the main area, it just took a complete nosedive. I entered through the main door and everyone discovered me even though they told me at the beginning of the mission that nobody would notice me since it's a party where everyone is wearing a mask. I died numerous times and had no idea what I was doing wrong. So i decided to enter from the top floor and that went better, but as soon as I walked around on the ground floor some people became suspicious of me for no reason once again! I looked up online why this was happening to me and apparently a lot of players have been reporting issues with this level. Even the Definitive Edition is having issues, which is dumb. But yeah, this is something to keep in mind for you who haven't done the fourth level yet.

A tip for those starting out is to immediately upgrade Dark vision to the last level. I thought I didn't need to upgrade to the second level because it seemed like it didn't add anything significantly beneficial. But level two does add the ability to highlight loot, which is great because it's so easy to miss loot.

LtSarge

nessisonett

For whatever reason Callista didn’t ask me to save the guy in the first real mission like she normally does. So it didn’t pop up as an optional mission but I’ll still try to do it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic