Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 3,399

ralphdibny

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ralphdibny never got around to the dlc. Normally, I never play dlc actually. Unless it's something I absolutely admire.

I think I had fuzzy brain when I replied to this (got a lot going on RN)

I'm actually quite the opposite! I always do the DLC if available. To the point where I normally wait a game out until it's "complete".

I've had a couple games where I've not ended up playing the DLC (namely Insomniacs Spider-Man and Breath of the Wild) because I played them at launch and kind of got put off by the fact I've probably forgotten how to play the game itself by the time the DLC comes out, especially to the extent where I need to jump back in to something that may be more challenging than the base game.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

NintendoByNature

About an hour in and its fun so far. Like the writing, and the characters. Never played the original so some of its a little lost on me, but I get the gist of it. I guess my two questions so far are...

• does it really matter if you stay out past the time? Other than police officers showing up?
  • once you defeat a boss, is there any benefit to doing it again aside from money I assume?

@ralphdibny interesting my dude. I just feel like whatever I paid for said game should be good enough. There's so many games and so little time that, once I roll credits, I'm onto the next thing. The only dlc I purchased was the booster pack for MK8D. I felt that was meaty enough to drop some coin on it.

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@NintendoByNature ahhh I really want MK8D booster pack. Too bad I already bought MK8 and it's original DLC (which I thought was good value) on Wii U so I never double dipped on the Switch version!

Hoping for a Deluxier edition at some point and failing that, just to find a cheap/free copy of Deluxe somewhere that I can buy the new dlc for

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny There's no need to buy the booster pack if you play globally online. The DLC tracks are included in the rotation automatically without you needing to own them.

LtSarge

Bundersvessel

I dare say I might have time to join in this month. I played '...Tax Evasion' last year and had a really fun time πŸ‘

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 Yes please, add me back into the taglist, going to try and engage a little more again 🀞

Thanks friend πŸ‘

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Ah sorry, I thought you already had the game since you said you wanted the DLC.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge nope just the Wii U version plus that DLC, never double dipped!

Nearly have done since the new DLC came out though

That's a hot tip though so cheers anyway. I think id just buy the DLC anyway because I don't really play online and it would cost the same to buy the NSO sub

Normally on MK, I like to go through the cups and just get gold on everything to complete it!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

NintendoByNature

Got to candy apple and beat him after a few tries. I still can't figure out how to keep weapons you come back with. Anyone know?

I did craft ( through recycling) a new uzi. That'll be a great one to use.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 sweet. I'm excited to see the shotgun. I think you just bring back weapons which can be recycled into better weapons? I will say, I tested the uzi, and it's going to work wonders. I get what you're saying. It's a "good" time so far. Not a great time. But, I'll see this one through.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Rolled the credits just now. It really grew on me after the first hour or so. Loved taking new guns back to the base and recycling them for bigger, and badder weapons. I maxed out everything from the robot, and bought everything on Gregg's list( funny name πŸ˜„). I almost never used melee weapons though just because it was best to stay far away from enemies. Personally, I'm not the biggest rogue-like fan, but this game does it right. Dare I say, I actually enjoyed this much more than hades? I know I know, BLASPHEMY! But really, it was funny, quirky, and I loved the gameplay. Just WL'd Tax Evasion now. Hoping it comes back to GP, or I'll just grab it on discount.

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

Made a start and seems pretty fun. I don’t really have much experience with this genre so I’m not sure what to expect. Using the right stick to aim is definitely taking some brain rewiring πŸ˜‚

NintendoByNature

@Bundersvessel it takes some getting used to. Not my typical genre either. Using the right stick gets much easier with automatic weapons. Take guns back with you, and recycle them for better guns with unlimited ammo.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

@NintendoByNature Ah thanks for the advice buddy. Hopefully get a little more time later and i'll be sure to post some progress in due course.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic