Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,394

R1spam

I'm going to give this month a miss. I'm way into killing zombies just now in RE4 and I'm waiting for tears of the kingdom to drop on the 12th. I watched a little bit of gameplay for Redfall and I'm not going to lie, even if it wasn't buggy, I don't think it's for me. Hope other folks enjoy!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Dydreamr

@ralphdibny I have not been getting notices for the club since January. I saw that you included me, but noticed that my tag was switched from upper case Dydreamr to lower case dydreamr, and it seems to be case sensitive. Wanted to let you know for next time.

Dydreamr

themightyant

@ralphdibny FYI I’m also not getting notifications for some reason. I don’t know if there is a limit on the number of people you can tag or if it’s something else.

Though as I said previously I was always skipping the next few months. Clearing up both gaming and IRL stuff before Zelda and taking family on holiday.

I’ll get to Redfall in a few months after a few patches, as it’s clear it’s come in pretty hot. Despite less than stellar reviews I’m still looking forward to it. Enjoy!

themightyant

Bundersvessel

I’ve managed to play about 40 minutes so far and have reached the first safe house. On the whole I’ve found it fairly enjoyable though I’m by no means far enough in to make a proper judgement. I’ve read people griping about the graphics, I’d say they’re more than adequate and the vampire animations are smooth and cool to look at, again gameplay always draws me in first for most games. No bugs at all thus far. Some dodgy ai, where a vampire randomly went upstairs during a fight allowing me to heal and reload in comfortable time before it realised I hadn’t moved from my original position.

Lavalera

I'm having the same experience as @AgentCooper after playing for 90 minutes. Shooters aren't really my favorite type of games normally, so didn't go in expecting to be blown away, but just having a good time killing those vampires. And the 90 minutes i did play were exactly that, a good time. I didn't encounter a single bug yet. Just the AI is a bit wonky here and there. But that can be patched.

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

Dydreamr wrote:

@ralphdibny I have not been getting notices for the club since January. I saw that you included me, but noticed that my tag was switched from upper case Dydreamr to lower case dydreamr, and it seems to be case sensitive. Wanted to let you know for next time.

Hmmm thanks for letting me know, shouldn't be case sensitive but I'll change it anyway

Edit: weird it is uppercase on the tag list, I just checked

themightyant wrote:

@ralphdibny FYI I’m also not getting notifications for some reason. I don’t know if there is a limit on the number of people you can tag or if it’s something else.

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe @AntDickens could shed some light on this ?

To be honest, I'm not massively keen on the tag list anyway because it is a bit spammy but every month's post does ask people to let me know if they want to be added or removed so being on the tag list is consensual.

It's also less spammy than the option to "Watch this topic" which would mean you'd get notifications everytime somebody posts in this thread rather than just the once(ish) a month that I actually use the tag list

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@antdickens no worries and cheers for the reply, I'll have a think and see if there is a way around it either by dropping some non-participants or just dropping the tag list all together. It's gotta be more than ten though right? If this has only been occuring on this thread since January?

I try to only use the tag list once a month, unless there is a tie for votes. Hmmm, I can't really think of another way for people to be notified of the monthly changeover without having to "watch this topic" and get notified every time somebody posts.

Maybe I'll just drop the tag list altogether. It's less work for me if I don't have to update it but I do worry that it will cause some users to drop off of this thread

See ya!

ralphdibny

Even like a "watch user" feature wouldn't work because then people would be notified everytime I post on other threads. Unless I made a sock account solely to update this thread. I feel like a "watch user" feature could possibly lead to harrasment toward some users anyway if it was implemented site-wide

I suppose I could just drop a post every Monday or something to bump this thread to the top. But then it would miss the people that only visit the site when they get an e-mail notification or visit the forums when they get a site notification.

Of course sock accounts and bumping threads are against the community rules though 😅. I'm just spitballing ideas

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

themightyant

@antdickens Thanks. Makes perfect sense, thought that would be the case.

@ralphdibny I'll have a think, but no obvious solution is shouting out to me. That said without the update, and even knowing I wasn't participating this month, I came back to check what the game was, I imagine some others will too. And if PX are still posting on the homepage perhaps we don't need the tag list. But it is useful.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant cheers, it's a tough one to manage. I really don't want people to drop off this thread because it does feel a bit sparse at times even with the revolving door of faces that participate.

I suppose the "marketing" could be taken out of my hands completely if @FraserG keeps doing the main page articles, @HelloCraig starts putting update posts on YouTube and whoever runs the Twitter and IG does a post there as well?

The tag list just bloats the monthly post if it doesn't even work any more. I'm moderately keen to un-bloat that post anyway because I suspect a lot of people just skim past it due to its length. But I do worry that losing the tag list completely would mean less people would visit this thread.

See ya!

ralphdibny

I guess if we lose the tag list then this thread may get reduced down to the Game Club "die hards" and we'd lose the casuals as well, hmmm

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny Fully understand that, you are right it does get sparse at times and even the more die hards cycle in and out, tag list probably the best we have. BTW I realise I DO have the watch this topic on (so you can take me off too) but didn't get the notification the other day. So it may have either been a glitch in the Matrix or, more likely, it was flagged as spam BECAUSE of the tag list.

No easy solution I can see. Though perhaps trying to reduce the tag list as much as possible by confirming who is watching the topic and can be safely removed. Maybe listed without the @

themightyant

FraserG

@ralphdibny Apologies, I'm off work this week and haven't got around to the monthly Game Club article. Will return to normal in June!

Edited on by FraserG

News Editor, Pure Xbox

Twitter:

ralphdibny

themightyant wrote:

No easy solution I can see. Though perhaps trying to reduce the tag list as much as possible by confirming who is watching the topic and can be safely removed. Maybe listed without the @

Problem is, I can't tag them to ask 😂

@FraserG no worries mate, enjoy your time away!

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic