Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - 🐁A Plague Tale: Requiem🐀 (Nov)

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,192

Banjo-

@ralphdibny I checked and no, there's no Psychonauts thread but I won't create it because I haven't played any of the games yet. Perhaps, somebody that have played wants to do it. I don't know what game I will play after Immortals but I want to try Immortality since it's getting chosen here. Is it like Late Shift, an interactive film?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Not the gamey style I usually like but because of the good reviews and being part of Game Pass I can't say no to try it.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ralphdibny

Hi all and welcome to Game Club's selection for October: Immortality.

I had a brief read about this game on Wikipedia and it looks to be an FMV game (ahhh those were the days) and also looks to be horror tinged so it's perfect for October's spooooooky selection.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Main Story - 6 Hours
Main + Extras - 9 Hours
Completionist - 16 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @djshep1973 @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @AgentCooper

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia: Dark Descent -
A Plague Tale: Requiem - 4 (lvlra, hmnsmth, tcknrs, mightynt
Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crysis -
Fable Anniversary - 1 (coop,
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark -
Portal 2 -
Rage -
Sable -
Signalis - 1 (ltsrge
Sniper Elite 5 -
Trek to Yomi - 1 (hmnsmth
Tunic - 1 (coop
Undertale -
Yakuza 0 -
Yoku's Island Express -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

Lavalera

I'm curious about immortality. Held off on playing it because I had a feeling it would be chose on here. Never played a fmv before so curious to try it. But I better do it asap as at the end of the month we get plague tale requiem, scorn and persona 5 on gamepass and then we have all the new releases as well.

@ralphdibny you can remove brutal legend as far as I'm concerned I was the only one voting for it recently and played it in between already. Vote for November will be A plague tale requiem, think that one just makes the most sense since most people will probably play it anyways around launch.

PSNid: Lavalera

Clankylad

Immortality can be an easy game to bounce off, so a few spoiler free tips.

• read the ‘about’ section on the home screen
  • pay attention to the tutorial and the tools the game gives you
  • part of the tutorial appears to be a bit glitched, but it’s part of the game
  • pay attention to audio or controller cues on some scenes. I found it helpful to ‘favourite’ these scenes for further investigation
  • you can switch between the date a scene was filmed and it’s position in the film (it isn’t unusual for the final scenes of a film to be completed before other parts). this can make a difference in your understanding of what is happening

Clankylad

HarmanSmith

I am on the same boat as @Lavalera, since I have never played a FMV game before.

So Immortality will be a nice change of pace.

@ralphdibny so my votes for November are A Plague Tale: Requiem (since many will play it day one, I think) and Trek to Yomi.

Edited on by HarmanSmith

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

HarmanSmith

@Clankylad Thank you for the tips! Indeed, I try it on day one, and I didn't understand much of it (to be fair, I played it for around half an hour ).

On a related note, I will try to play Immortality on the cloud from start to finish, just to see how it goes!

Edited on by HarmanSmith

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Balta666

So I did vote for Immortality but did not realize at the time it is a horror game apparently with lots of jump scares....

Which it means I am out lol. Games like Control are pretty much my limit in horror (a game that most would say has no horror whatsoever...)

Balta666

Clankylad

@Balta666 it isn’t really a horror game and while there are a few surprising or shocking moments it definitely doesn’t have any jump scares.

Clankylad

Clankylad

@Balta666 That would be spoiling it! But no shocks in the ‘scary thing suddenly leaps out at you’ sense.

Clankylad

TuckNorris85

I am still on Fenyx Rising, but I must be approaching the end now, I have the northern area and central area to do now.

Can I vote for Plague Tale Requiem please @ralphdibny

TuckNorris85

ralphdibny

Cheers all, votes added. I also added Portal 2 for consideration because I guess most people got it as part of GwG.

@Lavalera I might leave brutal legend up there anyway as it's been retroactively made an Xbox Studios game, ya never know it might get picked one day. I'm certainly interested in trying it at some point!

@HarmanSmith I've played a few FMV games both as a kid and in modern times. I played Night Trap as a kid (it was an import on Mega CD - had this weird mega drive cartridge that allowed it to play) but also as an adult when it got a Switch port.

I've also played Late Shift and Erica. I preferred Late Shift because I think I was more interested in the topic of the film but I thought the main actor in Erica was really good even i didn't like the game she was in as much.

In terms of Retro games I've played in modern times, I played Dragons Lair when it got a Switch port (unlimited continues ftw 😅) and also I played a Power Rangers game through emulation - not sure if this was a Mega CD or a Saturn game but it was pretty awful. It was just an episode of the show with no branching narrative. It had button prompts and your success in hitting them only resulted in a higher score with no effect on the narrative itself. I guess like a rhythm game or something?

For some reason, I did get addicted to buying physical FMV games on Switch from Limited Run so I have Night Trap, the Dragons Lair Trilogy, Double Switch, Corpse Killer and I think one that's called American Hero which is still "in production" so it hasn't arrived yet.

Still waiting on Switch releases of Ground Zeroes Texas and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - not sure if that last one can even be called an FMV game though! Looks like it's mainly photos from videos I've seen

Lavalera

@ralphdibny you're right since it's a double fine game it probably won't leave gamepass. And if you're a fan of Jack Black and it Metal music you should absolutely play it. I was sometimes just driving around in the car when a great song was on the radio just to listen to it lol.

Considering the fmv game. Are most like immortality? Like searching for clues in certain scenes or are there also some more choice based like for instance As Dusk falls or Life is strange. I played like 2 hours of immortality now and the atmosphere is grabbing me but I just randomly click Persons or object which I think will help me, but I still have the feeling that I don't know what im doing lol. That might also be since it's my first time playing one.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

@Lavalera haha nice, I'm a fan of tenacious D at the very least. In terms of metal, I like a lot of the classics but I wouldn't say I'm a metalhead and know all about the more modern sub genres.

I've not played/heard of any where you search for clues in scenes. I think the only ones I've played have been like "choose what you say"/"choose what you do" type games.

Tell a lie, I've played through the original X files game on PlayStation and that was a point and click style game with FMV. I loved it even though it's clunky as hell. Had to use a guide at some points, especially this warehouse level where you have to find a clue which is like a tiny spot of blood in a warehouse that is comprised of like 50 or so grainy and heavily compressed videos of different areas of this warehouse

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic