Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,355

dmcc0

lookupmore wrote:

I don't know exactly what that is but yes please

😂 the world needs more folk that just blindly sign up to stuff without knowing what!

It's just so you get a notification when the next game goes live etc.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Played for another hour today and I got really frustrated with the game this time. First of all, that boss fight against the Lust Knight was so brutal that I had to lower the difficulty level. Second, the level design became even more brutal afterwards. During the swinging sections, you now have to avoid flames coming out of the walls. On top of that, there are now more sections where you can easily die in one hit and it's just so freaking annoying. I don't think I'll be raising the difficulty level for the rest of the game as it's just getting ridiculous at this point. I was enjoying the game quite a lot up until the Lust Knight but now it's really annoying.

Kudos to anyone who is playing on a higher difficulty level, I just don't have the patience for it anymore.

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Balta666 It's fine, I already feel like I know what the rest of the game is going to be like lol. I'm just going to play on the easiest difficulty setting and hope that I can get through it as quickly as possible. It's a fundamentally good game, but it's sadly held back by age-old game design.

LtSarge

Balta666

And it is a wrap for me. It is a game that started quite hard for my type of skills but in the last third either I got used to its combat or it got easier as you get more skills. Even with some annoying jumping sections and one hit deaths on fire hazards I actually really enjoyed the ride.

P.s: but the final boss is hard as heck!!! Had to change the difficulty for that one as I could not pass his 2nd phase no matter what

Edited on by Balta666

dmcc0

@Balta666 Yeah, I still haven't properly started yet - not because of Halo though. My wife and daughter are obsessed with I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here, so I've been getting kicked off the TV in the evenings - mostly been playing Switch while banished to another room 😂 I think it's done now though so unless they find some other nonsense to watch I might get started again this week.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Just finished Dante's Inferno and it was honestly shorter than I expected. It only took me 6 hours to get through it. Overall, I thought the game was okay. The mechanics of the game are basically that of the classic God of War games and it feels just as good to hack and slash like in GoW. The major problem though is the atrocious level design and being able to die in one hit by most environmental stuff. I had to reduce the difficulty level to the lowest throughout most of my playthrough and I'm glad that I did because I started to at least enjoy the game somewhat because of that.

The story was genuinely forgettable and not really that interesting. The whole goal is to basically save your wife who was killed because of your actions. You murdered innocent people, not to mention slept with other women and so the whole story just felt so stupid. Why go through all this effort just for one person who you betrayed and didn't even want you back? It was definitely not even close to the scale of the GoW stories. On top of that, the boss fights were just underwhelming. GoW is known for having massive and powerful bosses, but here you're just fighting ones that are barely larger than you. Not to mention there was very little enemy variety and a lot of mini-boss fights were constantly reused.

The game started out good enough but after a few hours, it all went downhill. I'm just glad the game was only 6 hours long because I don't know how much I could've taken with it. It didn't help that the last area was basically a bunch of random challenges like protect innocents for X amount of time or kill enemies while in the air. It felt so out of place and some challenges were just frustrating.

I can't even believe the developer was planning on making a sequel to the game considering it ends with the words "To be continued..". If there's one game that doesn't need a sequel, it's this one lol. Anyway, I'm glad that I've played it now at least but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to people.

LtSarge

Balta666

@LtSarge It is a shame you disliked the game. I never played classic gow so I cannot compare but I played bayonetta and I prefer the combat in this one quite a lot more as I feel you have more resources in your arsenal of moves. The story is nothing to write about but the cutscenes look good still today and I was allways looking forward to them.

LtSarge

@Balta666 It just doesn't do anything special, you know? The combat is great but the level design, boss fights, story etc. aren't that great and I feel like there's so much more that could've been done with this game.

LtSarge

dmcc0

I'm about 3 hours in now and pretty much agree with most of what has already been said. The story isn't great and I tend not to enjoy a game where I don't even like the main character so that's been pretty rough.
In terms of the actual gameplay, it's decent enough - I've been playing in "classic" (easy) since the start so nothing really giving me any problems so far. The rope swinging sections haven't bothered me too much; once you figure out you need to jump right at the top of the swing (rather than on the way up) it's pretty straightforward - so far at least.

As @LtSarge said, the boss fights are nothing special, they are pretty underwhelming in their design and overall scale - especially compared to classic GoW. I felt like the Lust boss was going to be pretty decent - seemed to be teasing an encounter with her the whole level and it looked pretty unique - she was both disturbing and funny at the same time with those knife-handed babies emerging from her nipples! It started off pretty well in the tower section, but after that short first phase I think it would've ben better continuing that battle like that rather than stop there. That little bit of platforming to get to the top had me thinking I'd face her again - only to battle a knight that felt like a slightly harder version of just a regular big enemy or mid-boss. It should've been so much better

dmcc0

dmcc0

@Balta666 It's taken me a couple of tries on most of the bosses (even on easy) - usually just to figure out how to beat it - but my health bar on this one barely moved. It almost felt like he was there just to soften you up for the main boss; I was expecting her to enter a final phase where she'd gone a bit mad because you'd killed her partner or something, but it kind of fizzled out into a short QTE to finish her off. Just felt a bit smaller scale than some of the other boss battles

dmcc0

lookupmore

I started playing over the weekend, Halo had been taking up my time, and I'm enjoying it. I'm about 1hr 30 in. I went straight for classic (easy) difficulty due to the posts here about it. Those qte are so a product of their time and something I hate, as I keep messing up, but I must say they are quite forgiving with the check points.
The absolve or punish is quite interesting. I'm doing 50/50 with that at the moment which I know is not the way to play but I haven't decided one way or the other yet. What is/did everyone else doing with that?

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic