Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,288

LtSarge

Here, I'll suggest several more titles to start us off:

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Undertale (doesn't seem that long?)
Halo Wars
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Rare Replay)/Conker: Live & Reloaded
Rage
Guacamelee 2
Battlefield 3

LtSarge

dmcc0

@themightyant I'm easy either way to be honest, was just my personal preference. I've got a ridiculous backlog so maybe secretly hoping something in the backlog gets picked before I start anything new! I'm probably the opposite to you - most of the games suggested I've not played for various reasons

The list only stays the same because the games that didn't get selected carry through to the next month - as others have said, anyone is free to suggest a different game.

dmcc0

Banjo-

I want to think a bit more. Hades is too long and Doom 3 is old so I want to expand my suggestions this time and will include old and also more recent games (if they've been patched LOL).

Banjo-

themightyant

@dmcc0 That's fair, we're all coming from different places.

I've got a huge backlog too... I think that's part of the frustration is that the elected games aren't taking a dent out of it! I'll have a look through and see if any fit the bill, though to be honest most of my backlog titles are much longer, thus unsuitable... probably why they've been on my backlog so long

But also easy either way. Will always try and play when appropriate.

themightyant

themightyant

@LtSarge @BlueOcean Noted. I've gone through the list and found a few newer ones on my pile of shame that fit the bill! I'll keep The Gunk on there pending timings.

• The Gunk (? hours)
  • Forgotten City (5 hours HLTB)
  • Telling Lies (4 hours) [Not on Game Pass]
  • Maneater (8 hours)
  • Sable (7 hours)

I have more but don't want to suggest too many.

And a completely left field idea, probably an awful one right now, but i'm going to suggest it anyway to plant the seed, perhaps later. We pair up and play

• A Way Out (6) or
  • It Takes Two (12)

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

ralphdibny

Yeah it's just a list of games, some have been added over time and some have dropped off due to lack of interest. I try not to overthink it really. I guess people just choose the game that they want to play that month. I.e. I want to play Mirrors Edge, Ori WotW, Perfect Dark (we'll get it eventually I'm sure!) And some others so I vote for those games when I am able to play that month. That being said, I'm really glad we got to play Quantum Break even though it's been on the list for a year or so lol.

But yeah feel free to suggest multiple games for the list, maybe I'll drop a few off the current one. I think quite a few do get suggested but they just get added to the list or actually voted in and played. It's a bit of a mixed bag really.

list:
Dead Space - 1 (DMC,
Doom 3 - 3 (LtSrge, Blocean, DMC
Mirrors Edge - 4 (LtSrge, dmc, me, balta
Perfect Dark - 2 (dmc, me
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - -1 ( @dmcc0 😂)
Kameo: Elements of Power - 2 (DMC, balta
Crysis - 1 (dmc
Marvel Avengers - 2 (dmc, me
Doom Eternal - 1 (dmc
The Gunk - 4 (mightyant, Krzzzystfff, dmc, balta
Hades - 2 (Blocean, dmc
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 2 (ltsrge, dmc
Undertale - 2 (ltsrge, dmc
Halo Wars - 2 (ltsrge, dmc
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded - 3 (ltsrge, dmc, balta
Rage - 2 (ltsrge, dmc
Battlefield 3 - 2 (ltsrge, dmc
Forgotten City - 2 (mghtyant, dmc
Telling Lies [Not on Game Pass] - 2 (mghtyant, dmc
Maneater - 2 (mghtyant, me
Sable - 2 (mghtyant, dmc
A way out - 2 (mghtyant, dmc
It takes two - 3 (mghtyant, dmc, balta
Doom 64 - 1 (Blocean,
Streets of Rage 4 - 1 (Blocean,
Brutal Legend - 1 (balta
One step closer to Eden - 1 (balta

I think I got that all right but just let me know if you've voted differently. This thread got a bit confusing all of a sudden 😅

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Balta666

@ralphdibny I was talking about Dante's (as I finish QB early november actually). I have played a bit of it and I can say it is kicking my arse as I am not much of player of these type of games... But did not play much as I also started the outer worlds.

P.s: thanks, the drinks were good and as I only went to bed at 4am I did not wake up early

ralphdibny

@Balta666 oh yeah sorry of course you did! The (not quite) one weekend playthrough!

Good stuff, glad to hear it!!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I don't think we should put Hades on there as it's a rogue-lite and it's apparently 20+ hours long according to HLTB.

But yeah, I'm definitely interested in playing the majority of the games on that list at some point. It's not like I only want to play one of those games, lol. For example, we've had Perfect Dark on the list for months now but I do want to play it eventually, so I don't want it to be removed or anything. Same with Ori, I'm sure most of us had a lot of fun playing Blind Forest earlier this year and I'd love to play the sequel maybe sometime in the Spring.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

dmcc0

@ralphdibny thanks for the -1 on Ori 😂

Haven't played anything on that expanded list (except Maneater - which I thought was awful) so wouldn't mind playing any of them actually.

Just noticed Guacamelee2 on the list though - isn't it leaving later this month?

dmcc0

LtSarge

@dmcc0 I completely forgot that it's leaving in two weeks. Feel free to remove it from the list @ralphdibny

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Balta666 Brutal Legend is a good shout, it's another Tim Schafer game. After Psychonauts 1 and 2, I've been interested in checking out other DoubleFine games. I don't want to vote for it now but I definitely want to play it eventually.

LtSarge

Banjo-

I'd like to add some suggestions for January (I already listed Hades (21h.) and Doom 3 (11h.):

Octopath...: 60.5h., no, it's a joke to bother @LtSarge but I want to play it before it leaves.
Doom 64: 7h. I haven't played it and I think we might help each other with the retro labyrinths.
Streets of Rage 4: 3h.

Although @themightyant is wrong about Mario games, I like your idea of playing cooperative games. It makes sense since we are playing the same games anyway.

Banjo-

LtSarge

I personally won't vote for co-op games since the whole point of Game Club for me is that I can play through these games at my own pace. If I play with someone else, I'll have to book specific times to play with that person, they might play games slower or faster than me and so on. At that point it will become like a task for me and stop being fun.

Also, what would happen if an odd number of people vote for a co-op game? Will that person be left out? It just feels a bit restrictive if you ask me. But hey, if people want to play them then by all means go for it.

LtSarge

dmcc0

I started Dante's Inferno last night. I didn't spend long with it - literally just got to the first save point, so probably only about 10-15mins in. First impressions are pretty good though - gameplay reminds me a lot of (old) God of War, which is a good thing. I'm probably not going to play it properly until later in the month though as I want to play through Yooka-Laylee before it leaves in a couple of weeks.

dmcc0

themightyant

@LtSarge I broadly agree on co-op games. it's could create a lot of potential problems and like you I usually like playing single player only.

I only really suggested them to see if anyone else had an interest. I'd really want to play It Takes Two at some point as it's been lavished with so much praise, but all my mates who game are filthy casuals (lol) who play COD, Fifa etc. Perhaps one day a few of us might consider this.

@BlueOcean Re: Mario. So World isn't the best then?

@dmcc0 I was just wondering what Ori WotW was -1 lol. Did you hate the first one? Personally 1&2 were my favourite exclusives on Xbox One, of course there's room for many differing views.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

LtSarge

@themightyant Of course, I totally understand. I think it's fine to suggest them in order to gauge interest.

I'm actually interested in playing It Takes Two (and also A Way Out) eventually but since I'm not a co-op gamer, that's going to be hard to pull off. It looks really fun though!

LtSarge

dmcc0

@themightyant 😂 I really liked the first one, but I think I just played the second too soon afterwards so got a bit burnt out by it. Was enjoying it until they introduced that digging mechanic which I really didn't like and found it so frustrating that I eventually gave up. I might go back to it at some point just to finish it off, I don't think I was too far from the end

dmcc0

themightyant

@dmcc0 😂 Fair enough! I thought it might have been the Ginso Tree in Ori 1 which was a PITA... but also fulfilling when finally done.

Though I actually just went back in the group after last posting intrigued see what everyone's feelings were on ORI 1. It seems like your journey was a bit of a rollercoaster. This part made me both lol and rage inside

dmcc0 wrote:

I think what made it worse for me is that my son was watching me try to complete that section; he's played and beat the Switch version recently and was mocking me every time I died. He's also got Cerebral Palsy and can't even hold a controller so he was loving the fact I was getting so frustrated by it!

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic