Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 421 to 440 of 612

TeamAndromeda

@Balta666

I find it hard too, its maybe too hard for its own good in the end

TeamAndromeda

themcnoisy

Picked up Street Fighter 6.

I want to hate this game so much. The screen tearing in the open world and battle hub. The horrible season passes. Locking out Rashid as an additional paid character. The cringe presentation. Damn you Capcom.

Unfortunately its a blooming brilliant fighting game. Up there at the minute with Ultra Street Figher 4 and Tekken 3 and 7.

It will have a ways to go to contend with Street Fighter 3 third strike and my personal favourite Soul Calibur 2 (love SC such an underappreciated series 6 was boss). But yeah, if you are on the fence, it's loads of fun. I've been maining Ryu, yet with the new gameplay dynamics I think I'm going to practice with the UKs very own Cammy. Super satisfying combat and the combos all make sense. Difficult to pull off, but a blast all the same.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

NintendoByNature

Started up Broforce and it's super chaotic fun. It's a little like contra but Uber silly.

Also playing Ori 2.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

themcnoisy

@Balta666 celeste is amazing. It's the only game I can speedrun. On the xbox and ps5 the smidge of lag (from the controller) makes you uncompetitive and you have regular misjumps. Compared to a pc with a decent setup.

If you like it, try speedrunning the game any% the noted xbox records are relatively awful.

themcnoisy

I've finished the campaign in sf6 and only have 4 achievements left to finish. 3 of them are unobtainable as they are related to the defunct tournaments mode.

How can capcom, the jewel in Evos crown, fail to have a working tournament mode? 🤔

So my last achievement will be winning 20 avatar battles and my avatar is only level 50. Most people sat in the battle hub willing to fight avatar battles are all op at level 85+ and way better at the game. I've won 1 avatar battle against a beginner who had clearly wandered into the battle hub, not knowing where to go.

If anyone fancies teaming up for this achievement (taking turns winning / losing) send a reply. I hate cheating but there is no way I'm grinding the campaign mode for another 20 hours (possibly longer) to be at the same level.

themcnoisy

@Balta666 fair one Balta. I've only ever played Soul Calibur 2 competitively and have speedran odd games unrecorded to see how far off from the pace I am. Celeste is a bit different, as you have played the game a few times and have the actions down - the forsaken City should be a doddle. Give it a try, it's crazy how easy it is once you are running b and c sides.

The hardest part of the game is grabbing the strawberries. I simply forget the exact inputs to get there. Most speedrunners have excellent memory, mine is suspect rofl 🤣 as for finding a way around the levels, that becomes easy with practice. On a PC the moveset becomes an extension of you - the lag on ps/xbox, especially for the harder combinations - can become unbearable.

themcnoisy

@Balta666 I'm unsure sorry mate. I go for minimal strawberry runs.

Although I've 1000g the game, I can't recall exactly how the late game pans out. You find B sides in regular levels and then you find c-sides in the b-sides and you need all the hearts and blue hearts I think? (I could be way wrong here).

The c-sides are easy in comparison to the b-sides and levels 7 and 8. They are only a couple of screens long. So with a bit of practice you can get the timing down. Hopefully the achievement servers haven't messed up.

Its worth running farewell it introduces a couple of mechanics to the game and takes away double jumps etc. Wave dashing is key, again I've only done farewell and the b-sides a few times before focusing on levels 1-8, so I delete my save and go again.

I may actually do the whole game again 😅

NintendoByNature

Going to do some light xbox gaming until sea of stars and starfield. So giving Vampire Survivors another crack since I didn't give a fair shake before, and Texas chainsaw massacre. I did 1 quick match as a survivor, or prisoner and only last like 3 minutes lol. I can tell it'll be good fun late tonight.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic