Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,430

LtSarge

People have been saying that Xbox generally doesn't have a large presence in Japan. Today I saw this in my subscription feed on YouTube and it seems to me that Microsoft is trying to put in more effort in promoting Game Pass in Japan now if this is any indication on that.

Some background: the person above is a Vtuber (Virtual YouTuber), i.e. a real life person who uses a smartphone app in order to portray themselves as a 2D model of an original anime-like figure. This is a phenomenon that started just a couple of years ago in Japan and has become increasingly popular over the years all over the world. So it's no wonder that Microsoft is trying to use that popularity to promote Game Pass, which will reach both Japanese but also Western consumers.

@FraserG Maybe this is something interesting to write about on the site?

LtSarge

TheFrenchiestFry

I can definitely see xCloud being a big thing that gets Game Pass to click with Japanese audiences. It's not the same as dedicated portable hardware but mobile gaming in general is still a major pull for that region

It also seems that these days some of the big Japanese publishers like SEGA and Square Enix are starting to pour more resources into Xbox development and getting their games on that platform even if it's later than what PlayStation or Nintendo get from them immediately

TheFrenchiestFry

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

TheFrenchiestFry

It's not a LEAK

It's a RUMOR. I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote that article also specifically clarified he couldn't confirm whether the deal between KojiPro and Xbox had even been finalized yet

TheFrenchiestFry

Senua

1. JEFF GRUB is not any guy. His sources have lot of credibility. He’s not one of those resetera frauds.
2. Phil Spencer doesn’t f around with nothing. All those stuff in background is not without valid reasons.
3. The point of posting this video is about that potential rumour of Battlefield 6 coming to Gamepass Day 1 this year.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

TheFrenchiestFry

@Senua This isn't me disregarding his credibility, but he explicitly said it could not even be confirmed whether the deal was finalized for Microsoft to publish Kojima Productions' next game, so calling it a "leak" when nothing's even been settled between the two parties yet is super clickbaity even if there's evidence to suggest they have at least talked about things behind the scenes like the LUDENS figure in Phil Spencer's room

As of right now, no such game actually exists. We know Kojima is working on a new game, but we also know he's had an iteration of that game cancelled before earlier in the year, so nothing is factual or confirmed yet. Talks could break down at any time

TheFrenchiestFry

Senua

We will see about that. In Phil we trust.

Senua

Dezzy

So any idea when the next batch of 60fps patches is coming? Kinda wish they were doing them a bit faster really. They've got thousands of potential games to go through after all....

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy It's already off track from what they said, back in February they said every couple of weeks but there's only been 2 batches so far.

• 1st batch - February 17th
  • 2nd batch - March 15th

So perhaps the new setup is every month?

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Well at least we're due for the 3rd batch then!

I just feel that if they're gonna do it so slowly, they should maybe be prioritizing the best games! I have a whole bunch of Xbone games that I want to play but am deliberately holding off in the hopes that they get a 60fps patch. It's kinda annoying having no idea when/if that will even happen!

Senua

@Dezzy Most of them don’t want Xbox to give away a free 60fps patch which they can charge extra for.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Dezzy

@Senua

Most of them aren't charging for it either though!

Where's our 60fps update for Red Dead 2? One of the biggest games of the last few years, and they haven't even said whether it will get an update.

Krzzystuff

@Dezzy pretty sure it will be sold for $5-10 to upgrade that game. It all depends on the developer but 2K was the first to up the game prices so i wouldn't be holding out for a freebie from them

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic