Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,430

NEStalgia

@LeanerFasterStronger Yakuza lad runs like trash on everything, pc included. It's probably worth it in series x, considering even on an x it barely holds decent framerate at 4k, I'm afraid of how it runs on older consoles. Otoh since it doesn't run that well in general you may not care much about the difference. It's pretty on x, I'll give it that. everything is "better" on x of course. But it depends what differences make it worth waiting for you.

NEStalgia

LeanerFasterStronger

@NEStalgia Thanks for the insight, I think that seals the deal, I'll make it my first game when I finally get my hands on a Series X. I'm sure it would look fine on my One X but meh, no need to rush into it when there's so many good things to play on Gamepass.

"Who you are comes from the choices you make when life gets tough."

Cass, Fallout New Vegas
NEStalgia

@MaccaMUFC I ended up breaking down and buying the Legacy Pack. My setup was a little different than yours, in that I thought Legacy Pack was what I already had from the Hitman 2 Gold Edition preorders....maybe I had to do something manually to redeem it and never did, or something. But I noticed Patient Zero was available in Hitman 2, but Sapienza, Hokkaido, Marrakesh, etc. were not. So mine was a slightly different situation.

But the Complete Season 1, I'm not sure does legitimately qualify. If you check IOI's site and all the instructions (including PC) for the transfer, it says GOTY Edition or Legacy Pack is required, and says nothing about Complete Season 1.

I suspect it has to do with the publisher debacle, where Complete Season 1 is technically not their product, it belonged to Square-Enix before they bought back their stock and split off. The whole thing has been a mess, but it's largely Squeenix's fault. Up through Complete, Enix was publishing and IOI was part of Eidos, then Squeenix. Then Squeenix cut their funding and started shopping a buyer. Then IOI ended up buying back their own value and going solo while working on 2. That's part of why the launch of 2 was a mess. Technically Complete Edition is just the old game. The maps were remade totally for 2 and sold separately with 2. But 1 GOTY owners got it free. I think 3's mess is really a carry over of 2's mess. It imports 2 just fine, but because 2 has some shaky import issues with 1,that carries to 3.

As far as I can tell, 3 can only import GOTY and Legacy Pack. And buying Legacy Pack gives you GOTY.....but not the executable so you can't run it separately as a stand-alone game, it has to be run within 2 (or 3.) Legacy Pack is on sale for $20 which seemed like the cleanest way out.

It's definitely a debacle, but it's also not really their fault, it's the legacy of Square-Enix's presence in the first game. PC has a bigger debacle, where 3 is apparently yet another Epic/Tencent Games Store exclusive, so anyone that bought 1 and 2 on Steam now has a split library and an overall mess.

NEStalgia

TheFrenchiestFry

Really bummed that Medium ended up being pretty divisive

Just finished reading PureXbox's review and I'm probably not getting it until a sale. I was really looking forward to it considering it was being made by some veterans from the Silent Hill crew

Looks like Persona 5 Strikers will be my first major new release in my 2021 backlog

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

BAMozzy

@TheFrenchiestFry One of the advantages of Game Pass - you can still play the game and not be influenced by reviews. It may be divisive, but you may be one who loves the game and if you aren't, you haven't spent money on buying the game if you have Game Pass.

It was not a game I was overly interested in buying but having Game Pass means I will at least try it...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

WCB

Yep, Game Pass is great like that.

I was really looking forward to The Medium and so far, a few hours in, I'm loving my time with it. But then I wasn't expecting a AAA experience.

My advice is turn the lights off, soak up the atmosphere, and just give it an honest go.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

carlos82

I'm a couple of hours into The Medium and I'm really enjoying it, the music is very reminiscent of Silent Hill as is the split world and the overall look of the game.

Also I'm playing on Series S and despite the reported resolutions (which I'm assuming are for each screen) it actually looks really nice

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Krzzystuff

Question regarding Halo....do I have to get the entire MCC or can i individually download Halo CE? I want to start at the beginning and just saw MCC is 138 GB

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

TheFrenchiestFry

@Krzzystuff You can download the games individually to my knowledge. It just locks you out of playing the other ones

TheFrenchiestFry

Krzzystuff

@TheFrenchiestFry i just tried and it let's me choose ODST and one other part as optional but the rest is all in the big package. I'll have to beat some games and get them off the SSD before I start Halo i guess. Forza 7 is getting a strong look to see if it's going to be getting the boot at almost 100G.

Krzzystuff

count_midge

@Krzzystuff Not 100% but I think once the main MCC (ODST and Reach are dlc) downloads a bit you should be able to start it. Then in the overall menu you can select separate campaign or multiplayer segments for each game. Probably need the 138Gb space to select the download though.

count_midge

Fenbops

Did anyone playing the medium have to turn the brightness down? The default setting looked really washed out on the image.

Edit: so I’m not sure if it was a bug but after I actually started the game I checked the brightness setting again and it was waaay too dark. So set it to default and it seems good again.

Only an hour or so in but enjoying it

Edited on by Fenbops

Fenbops

BrilliantBill

@Fenbops The Digital Foundry review mentioned something about it being a bit too dark in SDR but ok in HDR.

BrilliantBill

Krzzystuff

Hey folks. What are the best budget non SSD options for external storage for series x?

Krzzystuff

Fenbops

This controller disconnects are starting to really annoy me, it’s happening pretty much every time I play now. MS need to sort this quick.

Has anyone got a decent fix until then? I usually just plug it in with a wire and it works but even that’s stopped now.

Fenbops

Fenbops

Just a quick one guys, I had to go into settings and download the system update today after seeing one was available online, does the Xbox not give you a notification when one is available?

Hope it’s sorted out the controller issue

Fenbops

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic