Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,430

Senua

Untitled

(Alex) “Yes on a technical level from what i understand the playstation 5 has the equivalent of what the original Navi had which was primitive shaders and not the complete rdna 2 mesh shader implementation and on a technical level actually won't be such a big deal for a lot of projects because honestly you're going to have a lot of the same functionality mapping just slightly differently and with more limitations but from what i do understand is that primitive shaders do not have access to the same programmable amplification stage that mesh shaders have so there there could be technically very interesting tessellation schemes that happen to mesh shaders that do not happen with the primitive but in general i'm going to say it's going to take a while for devs to even use mesh shaders and primitive shaders anyway because they're doing some of these things through compute anyway right now…”

I still remember some fanboys telling Xbox Series X can’t do tessellation as good as PS5.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Senua

Untitled

Also, GT7 has no in-game RT:

"Mr. Yamauchi: For the time being, you can choose ray tracing in the replay even during the game, and then you can see the stage demo and the picture with ray tracing applied in the garage."

I remember how they have made a big deal about this for FH5. PS false marketing and setting false expectations caught again.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BrilliantBill

Hey all,
Currently there is a sale on the store and Mass Effect : Legendary Edition is a few buck cheaper.
However, I live in Germany but being a non-native speaker and more fluent in English I always only play games in English. So I need to have the game in English. So far all games I have bought from the store have also been in English.

But the problem here is that, on EA PLAY which I access through GP Ultimate. Many games like Dead Space and old ME games on BC are only in German. Which makes me wonder what language this game will be in when I buy it? It is not clearly written in the store page and I don't know if there are any refund policies as such. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

BrilliantBill

dmcc0

@Senua Oh dear. Not sure what your point is with this - suspect its along the lines of "Xbox good, PS bad" like the majority of your posts, but it's not really comparing like for like is it?

A new IP in a that's only been out for 6 months or so on a console that still isn't widely available compared to much cheaper DLC for one of the most popular series on Xbox that's been out for nearly 3 years.

Also, I feel like I need to point out that your back-of-an-envelope maths are a fair bit off:

Not sure what that 16% represents - I see how it's calculated (12k/76k shown in the window) but don't know what those numbers are as they don't have any connection to the 24m suggested in the other screenshot - suspect they are the True Achievements user stats that you've lifted the screenshots from - so that means 16% of True Achievements users have it - NOT 16% of the 24m players.

The Xbox app on my phone suggest around 10% of gamers have completed the Fortune Island Achievement (still a decent number), but that doesn't account for multiple players on the same console/game sharing. Could have multiple players earning the achievement on a single copy of the DLC if all users are playing the game separately - My daughter and I both play FH4 but we've only bought one copy of the DLC, so already that's the figures skewed.

I'm a bit suspicious of those player numbers too - apparently around 77% have earned the Welcome to Britain achievement which I'm sure you get for completing the short intro race. That means over 20% of players (around 5m if the 24m figure is correct) didn't even get past that short intro race. Could be folk starting the game with the wrong user logged in, or starting it via cloud to get their daily GP Quest or something, but that's a lot of players abandoning the game within the first few minutes.

Your simple maths also assumes everyone has paid full price for the DLC which is extremely unlikely as it's regularly on sale. Also doesn't account for the Ultimate edition that has the DLC bundled.

Earning the achievement ≠ copies sold, so unless you've got actual sales figures for the DLC your numbers are meaningless and just another misguided "Us vs Them" propaganda post.

dmcc0

Senua

Another 🦄 lie fake narrative got caught.

R&C Rift Apart running with no perceivable difference even on this slow SSD.

Untitled

Proof -

Edited on by Senua

Senua

mousieone

@Lucaster009 Personally, I’m worried about a studios known for Third person action games helping make a first person stealth game. Not sure sure how well that’s going to go m. It didn’t for Cyberpunk. But I guess we shall see.

mousieone

KilloWertz

@Senua With all due respect for your effort in this thread, posting things trying to make Sony and the PS5 look bad is just making you come off as a fanboy. This is a Series X thread, not a "haha, I think Sony lied and got caught even though they didn't since the game still needs an NVMe SSD to do the rifts with virtually 0 stuttering!"

Not really looking to argue, and I own and am a fan of both new gen systems, but I felt I had to say something after seeing another anti-Sony post from you in a thread it doesn't belong in at all. This should be just for Series X stuff, not for fanboy BS.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

DanielDavis

Removed - excessive images/videos

DanielDavis

MaccaMUFC

Has anybody been getting a lot of “Treat yourself to a $5 Xbox gift card” messages from Microsoft Rewards? I’ve been receiving them for the last few days now and they sometimes come in burst. When I do click on the messages it just says “Reward not found”. It’s really strange and I don’t know why I’m even getting the $5 reward messages when I’m in the UK as we use £5.

MaccaMUFC

mousieone

Corpse Party (2021) was announced to come to Xbox digitally on the 20th of this month.

mousieone

SmilingDonkey

MaccaMUFC wrote:

Has anybody been getting a lot of “Treat yourself to a $5 Xbox gift card” messages from Microsoft Rewards? I’ve been receiving them for the last few days now and they sometimes come in burst. When I do click on the messages it just says “Reward not found”. It’s really strange and I don’t know why I’m even getting the $5 reward messages when I’m in the UK as we use £5.

Yep, same here

SmilingDonkey

Banjo-

I joined Xbox last generation but it looks like Xbox.com has adopted a 360 design for the 20th anniversary and it looks nice.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic