Forums

Topic: What do you plan to get at launch?

Posts 21 to 40 of 51

Tasuki

@SuperKMx:  Lol yeah I get what you are saying.  That would be great having to be quiet in real life to sneak past zombies and such still for me that sounds just like too much work for a game lol.  I dont know I think the day that video games become full motion games will be the day I stop buying the current gen and stick with my SNES and Sega Genesis lol.

Still I agree with about forcing it upon people or completely abandon it and yeah now that I look at it I guess your right that it would be good for the industry as well.  Still I would like to see it as a control option rather than you have to use it.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Vincent294
SuperKMx
Tasuki

I see what you are saying there Ken but forcing the product onto the public isn't the way to go with it like MS but not really mentioning it like Sony isn't smart either.

Really what it comes down to is advertising.  If these devices have better advertising to get people to want them than developers would make games for them.  Honestly I really didn't see to many ads for either move or Kinect nor do I see any must have games for either of them.

Of course I am also on the mindset that FullbringIchigo is and that is I want to play games to relax not swing around and jump around in my living room after a hard days work, but having them as option for those who do like it is what a smart company does.  I also think the whole motion control thing was a fad as well and well that boat has sailed.

I do see what you're saying, but again, I have to disagree. They may be "forcing" the product onto the public, but the simple fact is that it isn't JUST Kinect-only games that will benefit from having a larger install base. Developers will be more tempted to play around with Kinect to see what it can add to their main titles, meaning that the industry as a whole takes a step forward to see where this motion gaming thing can take us. It isn't just jumping around in front of the TV, either. How about Dead Rising, where you have to keep quiet so as to not alert the zombies? Or a game where you could fire MIND BULLETS by tapping your head, rather than switching to your mind bullets with the controller, aiming, and then firing?

Kinect is more than just dancing and sports, or at least it can be now that the install base will be there. Microsoft knows that nobody will buy a $100 Kinect if it's optional, after the last time around. It's this, or cut the whole thing out completely and give up - and given that we haven't seen anything like the full potential of alternative control devices as yet, I'm glad that they didn't take that route.

Motion gaming may look like a fad on the surface, but the Wii, Kinect v1, and PlayStation Move have opened the way for a million and one potential game-changers.

I think traditional controllers will remain the standard, but Metroid Prime Corruption & Zelda Skyward Sword used the Wii remote for enhancements to control, the former even allowed you to sit down while playing. The Kinect's voice commands are also full of potential.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

SuperKMx

I've been putting aside funds for the machine for a while, so I think I'll be picking up a LOT of stuff at launch. I'd imagine that I'll grab FIFA as a matter of course, along with Forza 5, Watchdogs, Dead Rising, Ryse, and Assassin's Creed IV.

Probably an extra controller and the headset, too. I always overspend massively at console launch time. Still regretting all the stuff I bought for my Wii U!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Gamer83
SuperKMx

I've been putting aside funds for the machine for a while, so I think I'll be picking up a LOT of stuff at launch. I'd imagine that I'll grab FIFA as a matter of course, along with Forza 5, Watchdogs, Dead Rising, Ryse, and Assassin's Creed IV.

Probably an extra controller and the headset, too. I always overspend massively at console launch time. Still regretting all the stuff I bought for my Wii U!

Then there's Sonic, Mario 3D World and I believe Donkey Kong also for the Wii U. And 360 still has some good stuff on the way. Your wallet is going to take a beating this fall.

Gamer83

SuperKMx
Gamer83

Then there's Sonic, Mario 3D World and I believe Donkey Kong also for the Wii U. And 360 still has some good stuff on the way. Your wallet is going to take a beating this fall.

Indeed - I forgot Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall, too! Ouch!

Ken Barnes,

Anthinator

Launch games have been announced and its a doozy:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoƫ Mode, Majesco)

There's probably half a dozen games I'd pick up for my Xbox One

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

Gamer83

I'd be getting Forza 5, Watch_Dogs and Lococycle for sure with Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon being maybes. Sadly, I jumped the gun went with Sony and now eventhough I really want to it's too late to switch and I know I'm going to get both consoles eventually anyway so I'll just suffer the consequences in the short term in the hopes that maybe it'll be a good thing in the long run if MS drops the price for the standard X1 to $400 by next holiday and releases a Halo 5 themed bundle for $450-500.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

SuperKMx

Well, my list would be...

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)

Thank heavens I've been saving for ages!

Ken Barnes,

Gamer83

It really is funny looking at that day one list, which doesn't even include the likes of Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive, and thinking back to just a couple months ago when people were screaming how X1 would have no games. I feel bad for the delusional corporate slaves who still think that. Just looking at it from a gamer perspective and taking out console names, company names etc, that to me is the best day one list since Dreamcast. Going back to last gen, I got both 360 and Wii early on and thought each had solid launches but this beats both combined.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

SuperKMx

Couldn't agree more, Gamer83.

And to think, I was just having a conversation where I was being told that the Xbox One has no games coming out for it, and the PS4 has the most impressive launch lineup ever assembled.

I swear some people are walking around with blinkers on.

Ken Barnes,

shingi_70

Won't be getting at launch but I plan to wait for Kinect Sports Rivals so I can get that along with Forza and something else.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

Gamer83
SuperKMx

Couldn't agree more, Gamer83.

And to think, I was just having a conversation where I was being told that the Xbox One has no games coming out for it, and the PS4 has the most impressive launch lineup ever assembled.

I swear some people are walking around with blinkers on.

I've actually gotten most of my gamer friends to admit that if you take out the console names and just look at the lineups side-by-side they'd go with X1. The problem is you have some people who are just idiots and for God knows what reason want to kiss the rearend of a giant corporation that only looks at us consumers as dollar signs. Then you have others who don't want to admit they may have made a mistake. Fortunately I fall into neither camp, if the system I get doesn't have as many good games as the competition, so be it, all I ask is the company that makes the console I buy finds a way to get enough good games out there to justify the purchase.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Anyone else's biggest reason for wanting to get a new console is for the OS. I hate how sluggish the 360 UI has become when it comes to booting up and just changing games and apps

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamer83

It's more than just OS for me. Everything about the 360 and PS3 is outdated at this point. We're still getting some great games, sure, but a lot of them also have trouble running. The Saints Row games have always been glitch fests but IV has already froze on my 360 S twice and I have the game installed, I've never had that issue with on the 360 S before. I noticed some screen tearing from time to time when I played AC 3 on PS3. I can only imagine what GTA V is going to do to each console, that's why I think here has to be a PS4/X1 version, no way these current systems can run that game without melting.

Both systems were awesome and there's still a couple games left I'm going to get but it's more than time to move on. Really looking forward to November.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Yeah the only games i'm getting on 360 this fall are probably Fable Anniverry and Batman since those are 360 only.

WAT!

Gamer83

I think Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Saints Row IV are the last retail 360 games I'm going to buy, unless MS pulls a last-minute surprise and announces Halo 2 Anniversary, which I would pre-order in a second, but that's not looking likely now. GTA 5 and Batman are the last two PS3 games I'll probably buy at retail. For some reason I have a feeling at least two of those 4 games will make the jump to next-gen though. Knowing how Ubisoft operates, I think SC: Blacklist is almost a certainty for PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

moomoo

That launch list... so good. I can't think of a system launch where I would want more games than I could afford. Fantastic stuff.
I don't know if I'll get an XBOX One at launch (it's expensive, and I want to see some side-by-side comparison stuff with the PS4 before I commit) but if I were to, I'd definitely get Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, Watch Dogs, and Need for Speed Rivals. Maybe Ryse if that turns out to be a good game.
There's no way I could afford that, but it's a nice thing to think about, I suppose.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

SuperKMx

After going hands-on with a few games today, Forza is absolutely locked in, for me. 100%. I'll detail more in my preview (later this week), but until you actually FEEL the haptic feedback in the analogue triggers, it's very hard to explain exactly how much they change the game. Totally excited to play the final version!

Ken Barnes,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.