Forums

Topic: Last Game You Got?

Posts 101 to 120 of 197

dmcc0

Recently came across Metal Jesus Rocks on YouTube and have been watching some of his old hidden gems videos from various consoles. Some great looking stuff that I've missed out on ver the years, so have had the urge to go back and pick up some things I've never played. Almost bought a Vita and a Gameboy Colour to the other day, but figured my backlog need trimming a little before I start picking up anything else. I've still got a few older gen consoles lying around so will maybe go back and play a few things I've missed out on while I'm waiting to get my Series S at Xmas.
Just picked up Astro Boy Omega Factor for GBA which seems to get mentioned in a lot of "Best of.." type lists and Aqua Aqua for the PS2 which was only a couple of £s.

I think that'll probably be it for a while though; just did a quick tally of all the stuff in my backlog and it's probably close to 300 games if I include all the free PS+ games from PS3 era that I never got around to playing (hopefully I can still play them), PS Classic that I've barely touched, Switch Online games that I've not played yet, a fair selection of Switch games I picked up on sale and various stuff on PC that was either cheap on Steam or Humble Bundle, or free on Epic Store...

dmcc0

LtSarge

Since my last post, I've bought Suikoden I & II and Wild Arms on PS Vita, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on Wii U, and today I ordered Yakuza: Like A Dragon and Paper Mario: The Origami King on PS4 and Switch respectively. I think my Vita purchases are done since I have a lot of JRPGs on the system now. On Wii U though I still have plenty of games I want to get on top of the Castlevania titles, such as Advance Wars and Golden Sun. Finally, I got Yakuza on PS4 and Paper Mario on Switch since they were on sale for €30 each, which I think is a great price point for these games. I got the PS4 version of Like A Dragon simply because the base Xbox One version apparently runs horribly, with the game running at 15-25 FPS and having long load times in between cut scenes (about one minute!). So I got the PS4 version instead which runs at mostly a stable 30 FPS and with only half a minute of load time. Not to mention that PS4 has rest mode (which Xbox One also has but since I have OG Xbox One, putting games in rest mode creates a noticeable buzzing sound in the background, which is annoying and so I try to avoid using this feature on Xbox) and I've been using my PS Vita a lot lately, so I might use it for playing Yakuza on it through Remote Play. Anyway, I'm very happy with these purchases!

I'm also considering getting The Last of Us Part II on PS4 since I want to know what all the fuss is about with that game even though I know some major spoilers. I really just want to experience the game for myself. And the game is on sale now for €30 so I might bite at that price, but we'll see.

LtSarge

urrutiap

few minutes ago I bought and downloaded original Medievil off of the PSN store for my Playstation 3. Surprised that i can still be able to buy and install games from the PSN store

urrutiap

Tasuki

@LtSarge Suikoden is such an underrated RPG, it was one of my favorites on the PS one, much better then FFVII

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

crippyd

Any of you guys played Vampyr? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it as it's only £8 odd in the sale and I've had my eye on it for a while.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

@Tasuki Yeah I can't believe I've never given this game a chance until now. I played it for an hour and it's such a unique experience. I love the emphasis on world building and characters, not many JRPGs do that stuff. Glad that I caught wind of this series since these games are not available on many platforms.

@crippyd I've heard that it's a decent game but nothing too special. The gameplay can get a bit repetitive apparently, but the setting is lovely. I think if you keep you expectations levelled then you might enjoy it since it's apparently a unique experience.

LtSarge

crippyd

@LtSarge Thanks for that. Sounds like it'll be worth a punt for the small outlay.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Tasuki

@crippyd My son and I enjoyed it. For that price I'd say it's worth it especially if you like vampires and stuff like that.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@LtSarge Yeah and it's fun trying to find all the characters in the game, which I will warm you if you don't get at certain points of the game you won't be able to get at any other time. Also not sure how it works on Vita but on the original PS if you played Suikoden II with a memory card with a save file of Suikoden you will unlock a neat little surprise.

All the games were fantastic in that series except Suikoden Tactics so if you enjoy the first one I highly recommend finding and playing the other ones.

My Backlog

LtSarge

@Tasuki Oh cool, glad that I have both Suikoden I and II on Vita then. What the Vita does with memory cards is that it creates a virtual one basically, so hypothetically Suikoden II should be able to recognise a save file from the first game on the memory card. Cool stuff!

Yeah I actually looked up other retro games on PS3 and found that Suikoden III and IV are available on there as well! Although I haven't heard much good about IV, the third game seems to be one of the best games in the series, so I might at least grab that one too.

LtSarge

ThanosReXXX

Last game I bought, earlier today actually, is Strange Brigade, made by the same brilliant team at Rebellion software who made the Sniper Elite games. If you love classic monster and/or adventure movies and Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake type of stuff, then this might be right up your alley. Here's a couple of videos:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Xbox Gamertag: ThanosReXXX

Krzzystuff

I just started Brutal Legend last night, played a few hours and it's pretty good. Definitely some good tunes in there.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Anti-Matter

Sly Cooper Collection PS3 last week.

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

After saying I was done buying anything for a while, I've picked up Metal Slug Advance and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance for GBA, Mario Golf for the Gameboy, Cross Code for Switch and Metroid Prime Federation Force and Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers for 3DS.

I really need to stop now, the backlog is growing quicker than I can play them and I think my wife might kill me if another game drops through the letterbox any time soon!

dmcc0

LtSarge

Well I just spontaneously visited an online retailer and saw that they had just started their Christmas sale with ridiculously high discounts. A lot of good deals were already sold out, but I managed to snag a few, which were Maneater and Wasteland 3 on Xbox One for €5 each. I've also been meaning to buy The Last of Us Part II for quite some time now and seeing as how the same site had the game for €30 I decided to get it as well. Can't wait to play all these games!

LtSarge

LtSarge

I decided to snag some RPGs that are discounted in the Switch eShop Christmas sale and those are Nexomon Extinction and Star Ocean: The First Departure R. I got the first game simply because it's a Pokémon clone of the old formula and it's absolutely brilliant. It fully captures the feel of a Pokémon game while also delivering some unique. Definitely glad that I got this game. Star Ocean has been on my wishlist since last year since I've never played a game in this series and I would love to check it out starting from the first game. Hopefully I'll find it to my liking!

LtSarge

RR529

Picked up the digital deluxe editions of Sakura Wars & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order during the sale.

Was going to start up Sakura Wars tomorrow, but I think I'm going to try & get back into Dragon Quest Heroes first.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Krzzystuff

Decided to give Titanfall a go last night and was negatively surprised to find out it's just a multiplayer game. I couldn't get a match going so I'll be uninstalling it and getting Titanfall 2 which does have a campaign and hopefully active online users.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

JoakimZ

I’ve ordered a Sega Mega Drive Mini, which will be my 4th mini console after NES, SNES and PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini. I love this trend with mini consoles and I hope there will be many more, I would love a Master System Mini and Saturn Mini.

Out of the ones that are out now I now have everyone I want except for the Astro City Mini, but that one is quite expensive and only released in Japan, so I’m not sure if I’m going to get one. I’m not interested in the C64, Playstation and Neo Geo Minis. The Playstation and Neo Geo minis seems pretty poor, and I just don’t have any relation to Commodore 64.

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

Gaming365247

Pick up a couple of things over Christmas.

• Hitman 3 digital pre-order i know i shouldnt but ya
  • Resident Evil 3
  • The Last Campfire (seen good things about this game and i gave a purchase)

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic