Forums

Topic: What are you listening to?

Posts 181 to 186 of 186

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Weirdly, 10cc are playing in my town this weekend as part of a 3 day festival. There's only one of the originals left (gouldman) might go for a laugh if it's not raining

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed that's cool. I've had a couple of plays of the cd and there are so good songs on there. I only recognise Cry and Under Your Thumb. We have just discovered that Bryan Adams is playing Durham cricket club in August (only about 20 miles from me) so my wife and I are going to try and get tickets to go see him.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: Love Bryan Adams, 'Run to you' is a classic. Not heard him sing live for a long time though, hope he still sounds the same. I used to love Chris Rea but his voice hasn't aged too well but then he must be getting on a bit now

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon I've not seen him live but have enjoyed his many sons over the years, my first album was waking up the neighbours and that was great. I think summer of '69 is my favorite song of his.

crippyd

sorethumbed

Beverley Knight - Soulsville. PDG!
Her voice has always lacked a bit of depth (IMO) but as she gets older its getting there. Bit frantic in places but definitely the best listen I've had in a while. Fair mix of old standards and new stuff, my favourite being Sam & Dave's 'Hold on I'm coming'.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

Just got Kill 'em all by Metallica so I'll be giving that a blast in the car Monday morning.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic