Forums

Topic: What are you listening to?

Posts 161 to 180 of 184

crippyd

Currently enjoying Reload by Metallica, some great tunes on there.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

BAMozzy

@crippyd: A very under-rated but excellent album!! Certainly has some great tunes on it!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

crippyd

@BAMozzy I would certainly agree there and it is streets ahead of Load in my opinion. That was the most un Metallica album of theirs I've ever heard!

crippyd

BAMozzy

I quite like Load but for me the most un-Metallica Album was the Black Album. After the 4 previous albums, the Black was a very commercial sounding album and lost a lot of the things that the previous albums had 'defined' as Metallica. Part of that I think was the loss of Cliff Burton. I know he wasn't alive for '...And Justice for All' but his influence was still in it. The Black album was the first album that was written without Burton's influence and input. He was also a 'classical' musician and understood the importance of structure, the build up to the crescendo, how you can start one way and end another etc Without his influence, the band lost that 'edge' and the songs then became shorter and more 'basic' in structure. Death Magnetic is the first album since those early days that really goes back to the Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets days and I think that's because of Robert Trujillo. I hope the next Studio album - which seems to be taking its time follows on from this.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

sorethumbed

So I was watching 300 Rise of an Empire the other night (i know but Eva Green is something else). As the credits rolled they played something I haven't heard since the 70's, War Pigs by Black Sabbath, magnificent and now I just can't get it out of my head.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

SuperKMx

@sorethumbed: War Pigs is an absolute boomer. What a tune!

Currently listening to the album Invisible Tonight by The Nearly Deads and I can't stop spinning Saliva's Every Six Seconds for a bit of a blast from the past. Well...the early 2000s, at least.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Red620Ti

Currently listening to a youtube mix at work with some interesting choices in it... Rammstein next to Pink Floyd next to Pearl Jam, taking me back to my student, Rock House visiting days!

In other news, my 5 year old son now knows all the words to Eye of the Tiger by Survivor and Crazy, Crazy Nights by Kiss, and one of his fave tunes is American Idiot by Green Day. Job done.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

@Red620Ti: Occasionally the rub off lasts. My younger daughter still likes the music I used to play around the house when she was a child. You have no idea the amusement I got from a 3 year old singing Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin word perfect. She still occasionally breaksout with it now. Love it. @SuperKMx:

sorethumbed

@SuperKMx: Yes, it is . I saw them back in the day, before Ozzie got the worse for wear from drink/drugs whatever.

tylertreese

Been listening to Views by Drake a lot. Anyone else check it out? Thoughts?

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

crippyd

Currently got Metallica Ride the Lightening on repeat in the car.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd: Awesome Album - that and Master of Puppets!!! Death Magnetic was a return to form too....

crippyd

@BAMozzy I've not got Master of Puppets yet but I did enjoy Death Magnetic.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd: Master of Puppets, I think, is the best Metallica album ever. Its similar in essence to Ride the Lightning in a lot of ways but I think it has the edge of that - Well worth getting!

crippyd

@BAMozzy it's on my Amazon list so I will get it at some point. As a total contrast my wife has just bought me Godley and Creme's greatest hits as I liked their song under your thumb, so I'll be giving that a blast tomorrow on the way to work.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Whether or not its good will depend on how much 10cc stuff (if any) is on there IMO. Wasn't that impressed with the Godley & Creme stuff as Godley & Creme.

crippyd

@sorethumbed the only 10cc song I can bring to mind is the "you're not in love" one and I don't think that is on there. Tbh I don't really know them and before I'd watched the '81 Top of the Pops I don't recall the Under the Thumb song either (I was only 6 at the time).

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: 10cc did some good stuff but albums were very variable.
Dreadlock Hoiday, Rubber Bullets and I'm Mandy Fly Me spring immediately to mind as good tracks. Very clever middle of the road stuff.

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Weirdly, 10cc are playing in my town this weekend as part of a 3 day festival. There's only one of the originals left (gouldman) might go for a laugh if it's not raining

Edited on by sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed that's cool. I've had a couple of plays of the cd and there are so good songs on there. I only recognise Cry and Under Your Thumb. We have just discovered that Bryan Adams is playing Durham cricket club in August (only about 20 miles from me) so my wife and I are going to try and get tickets to go see him.

crippyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.