Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

BAMozzy

@Ryno: I have played 150hrs (according to TrueAchievements) and that was the time it took me to beat the story on 'Blood and Broken Bones' difficulty (hard but not the hardest) and complete the majority of side quests (not the Gwent, racing or fist fights), all the Witcher Contracts and Treasure Hunts. Some of the Side Quests though are important to the main story and will determine how the game plays out. That also gives me a 71% achievement completion but I still have a lot of places to explore and things to find - I have a lot of ?'s on my map - Particularly in Skellige...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Captain_Chao5

Ryno wrote:

I'm no completionist either so I don't plan on putting 200 hours into it. Longest I have ever played a single game was around 80 hours with Xenoblade.

You may be surprised! This game sucks you in and literally HOURS pass! It's one of those where you say to yourself "I'll just complete this task/quest, then I'll stop". That task/quest either opens up sub-tasks, or whilst en route to a location you come across 'distractions'. Bloody awesome game though.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

UlysessJDuckett

I can't praise this game highly enough, my game of the year so far. Currently on my second play through on the Death March difficulty and it's proving quite an enjoyable challenge.

UlysessJDuckett

Xbox Gamertag: NondairyGold | Twitter:

Ryno

Captain_Chao5 wrote:

You may be surprised! This game sucks you in and literally HOURS pass! It's one of those where you say to yourself "I'll just complete this task/quest, then I'll stop". That task/quest either opens up sub-tasks, or whilst en route to a location you come across 'distractions'. Bloody awesome game though.

Ha, yep I definitely know that feeling. There really is no "good time" to stop playing.

Patch 1.07 Updates sound pretty good: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1078

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Xbox Gamertag: RynoTO

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.