Forums

Topic: GTA V Heists coming 2015

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Tasuki

I will believe it when it actually happens.  Till then there is other stuff that I can find to do in Los Santos.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

sorethumbed

They were coming in 2014 as well. Still coming a year later, wish I could manage it

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

If anyone's playing GTA V today - snow has arrived!

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

So I've recently started playing this online with some mates from work but finding it very, very frustrating trying to organise missions that all of us can play together. What seems to happen is that one of us starts a mission and before all the invites are sent out and accepted it fills with randoms and we have to quit out and start again otherwise one or more of us is left out... Then of course we get to enjoy the lengthy loading screens again and again. We're all in a party... are we doing something wrong? Is there a reliable way to set missions and heists up so we are all in it?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

Captain_Chao5

@Stylon. You can set the missions to 'closed' sessions and invite friends, which stops randoms. Another way is to setup a 'friends only' online session. Also setup a crew and get your mates in it. You'll get slightly bigger rewards for missions as a crew.

The heists are LOOOONG. Expect to play for a few hours to complete one. I've tried a couple of times with mates, but either ran out of time (due to sleep needed before work) or Xbox live crashes.

Edited on by Captain_Chao5

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: Thanks - will give the closed session a go... we're all GTA online n00bs so it's a steep learning curve lol. Two of us did complete the Fleeca job last night and it was great but we got cocky and tried the prison breakout and it was a disaster... the randoms were messing about and then one of them quit about 45 minutes into the heist and ended it for everyone. Does seem to be too much time spent staring at loading screens and mission lobbies...

stylon

Captain_Chao5

@stylon: I won't play with randoms on GTA. It's hard enough with mates. LOL Prison Break is okay if you all know what to do. My problem is I've only done that heist and a bit of one other.

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: We didn't have a clue but the random kept ramming me off the road the whole way - he was a complete tool. Would be nice to have the empty slots filled with AI players to be honest but when it all works it's great.

stylon

stylon

You know what - there are some proper, proper arseholes on GTA Online. We spent 15 minutes waiting for our game lobby to fill last night for the finale of the Prison Break heist. After several failed attempts (its hard) we successfully broke the guy out of the prison and made it to the airfield... piled into the plane and successfully made our escape. This was around 1am real time - way past our normal bed times lol but we wanted to finish it. There was a real feeling of elation and satisfaction after spending 90 minutes working on it as we soared into the air leaving the cops behind on the ground - it was epic! That feeling lasted for about 60 seconds until the random piloting the plane (who was about level 80 so far more experienced that any of us) decided it would be fun to put the plane into a nose dive and crash it into the ground. Don't think I've ever been so pissed at a game - absolutely gutted.

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Captain_Chao5

It must be a common (stupid) thing to do. One time I did that heist with two mates and a random bloke (who also flew the plane), he went off in the wrong direction, flew around for ages then left the session. GTA online is a ball-ache unless you play with friends. Even the standard online play pisses me off. Stupid bastard idiots who follow you around the map just to kill you, even if you are not fighting back. Grrrr.
<steps off soapbox>

stylon

Have the exactly the same problem... have had to resort to putting the game in Passive Mode. Constantly getting shot or your car blown up wears thin fast... If it wasn't for the fact that my mates are playing it I wouldn't bother with it...

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: I'm afraid it is a bit of a problem in GTA, as it was in RDR.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.